Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

a question that has been bugging since a few pages.... what is CWC??

the red hammer campaign??

its the original campaign...

CWC = Cold War Crisis wink_o.gif

Red Hammer would be "RH" wink_o.gif

a question that has been bugging since a few pages.... what is CWC??

the red hammer campaign??

its the original campaign...

CWC = Cold War Crisis wink_o.gif

Red Hammer would be "RH" wink_o.gif

ah ok thnx smile_o.gif

My viewdistance is 1000m and i still get things being reported from upto 2000m away, for example "Camping" my leader reports a BMP form 2000m or something like that.

Your view distance option sets up to what distance things will be rendered at by your graphics card. The range at which AI detects units is another setting, in the config. I believe that certain AI units (like officers and SpecOps) have greater view distance than regular grunts.

first mission of redhammer campaign

my team gets killed after the assignment to take over the fuel base the res team thats coming from the right completely owns my squad :S:S

another distance matter

heh, try playing the mission without any mod, you'll notice that something remarkable similar still happens tounge2.gif Let all of your squad die, then take the 'divide and conquer' approach, and stay inside those houses and shoot through the windows; you will liev longer that way. smile_o.gif

Hey CH the officers and the normal soldiers have the same detection range, only spec ops have higher levels. In my opinion the detection range of the normal soldiers is too high.

ACR?

Whoops, stupid moment banghead.gif . I meant ACU. Also how would I get the moving/lean animations into ECP (I tried to put them in the dta folder but the game wouldn't even start when I did that)? Awesome mods by the way smile_o.gif.

They come as a stand alone addon. See here

Ah, cool. Thanks smile_o.gif. Are the ACU units downloadable separately? There is and alpha at OFP.info but thats all I could find.

No, the ACU in FFUR are made by the FFUR team. You can extract them and right your own config, or dload one of the many fine ACU units pack available

Oh ok, I thought they were DLEM's for some reason. I don't even know why confused_o.gif. Thanks for the help though smile_o.gif.

No problem. AS for the French troops, which I cant help bringing up again, will they replace the Germans or will they be standalone?

@Big Rooney

You said officers and soldiers have the same detection range and that specops have a higher range. Do you know the name of these values in the config so that I can reset them to their defaults? Thanks.

Hello

I do want to ask, as I am making a mission with FFUR mod in mind, is there a way to set certain soldiers to default safe/careless mode being weapon on back rather than weapon safety?

This may seem an odd question, but its really not, when trying to use animations provided by BIS almost all of these animations (or alot anyhow) are designed to be used with units that have weapons slung, and therefore if an animation is used that has this design you will see the unit switch to weapon on back for 4 seconds during the anim, then switch back to weapon in hand. In my case I am using dialogs between ai and player, and am having difficulty finding a way around seeing the ai bring their weapon to bear after every animation. I DO like the weapon safety look and all, just wondered if there was a way to 'bring back' the weapon on back look for units if desired..

Thanks for the mod again, oh did I mention before that I havent seen my default ofp style since your mod? tounge2.gif

Hello

I do want to ask, as I am making a mission with FFUR mod in mind, is there a way to set certain soldiers to default safe/careless mode being weapon on back rather than weapon safety?

This may seem an odd question, but its really not, when trying to use animations provided by BIS almost all of these animations (or alot anyhow) are designed to be used with units that have weapons slung, and therefore if an animation is used that has this design you will see the unit switch to weapon on back for 4 seconds during the anim, then switch back to weapon in hand. In my case I am using dialogs between ai and player, and am having difficulty finding a way around seeing the ai bring their weapon to bear after every animation. I DO like the weapon safety look and all, just wondered if there was a way to 'bring back' the weapon on back look for units if desired..

Thanks for the mod again, oh did I mention before that I havent seen my default ofp style since your mod? tounge2.gif

ive been thinking of that to!

example that you have a camp and there is 1 guard standing with hes gun  in his hand and that the other soldier have their weapon on back (and that a few troops even sit as they always did in normal ofp) and a few on their knees smile_o.gif

inlove.gif

would make on hell of a realisitic mission smile_o.gif

or... maybe add somekind of random safe script smile_o.gif in 1 try hes gun is in ahnd and other try on back smile_o.gif might be possible smile_o.gif

FFUR has replaced the animimation that was responsible for soldiers slinging their rifle on their back with the one that 'safties' the weapon. If you wanted to make the mission youd have to find the slinging animation in the Res anims file, then put it into PBO, then rename it and do some config work so that you could use it to make missions.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Will the edited AfrographX's Chinook have a MG on the left side? May break some missions otherwise

In real life, Most CH-47s don't include weapons unless they're special purpose.

Moreover, if they're transporting guys, they still go in without pintle mounted weapons and this doesn't cause any issue in game anyways.

Quote[/b] ]will the ch-47 beable to carriy other vehicals other than the uk foces ones?

All 'Original' scripts have been disabled in order to make it 'light' in game and to avoid experiencing compatibility issues with FFUR scripts, plus BIS chinook was especially designed to transport troops.

Quote[/b] ]As for masks/balaclavas, I don't why it'd be necessary for day units, but definitely night ones.

US Special Forces (Day Operators).

sfbdu8pp.jpgsfacu7dv.jpg

US Special Forces (Night Operators).

bdu9qe.jpgacu7ud.jpg

Quote[/b] ]BTW TB84 are you guys still working on the old packs and is there any chance of seeing a desert FFUR 2006, that would be cool

Actually, we are totally focused on the FFUR 2006 and I can't provide any accurate information about the rest of packs before the release of the update.

Quote[/b] ]How are those French troops for Euro? And will we see any French vehicles?

The FFUR Euro should be done after the release of the FFUR 2006 patch, and the french units we included would be 'addionnal', though.

More informations about this pack would be available once the FFUR 2006 patch is released.

Quote[/b] ]First, I was wondering which value to edit in the config so that ai doesn't spot enemies from such long distances (I want to change it back to bis default). Since I play with 1000 view distance, ai often spots enemy vehicles before they are even visible on the screen.

AI values have been reworked and enhanced since the last release, but they are still hard to fight, though. ;-)

Btw, here's finally an update of the M16A2 (Mortar) which is available again...

smile_o.gif

mortar6nh.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words, will come up very soon with more informations and screenshots, and probably a movie as well.

;-)

Regards

Thunderbird84

Im not sure if I suggested this before, but a pretty simple request - could you have a KORD/NSV/DShK or whatever you are using for Russian side with a Resistance crew?

Blackops balaclava is too loose, around the eyes at one side, I can see through it, otherwise looking nice.

Your new Day Operators guys look really good!

No offence, but that balaclavas on NightOps are slightly erm...weird sad_o.gif

Maybe you should exchange them for black colored helmets or something?

And I hope there'll be some kind of NVGs on NightOps since they're "Night"Ops wink_o.gif

Good point Cahek, they should have NVG, I also think they should have Helmet+Balaclava, like they do in the current version.

Your new Day Operators guys look really good!

No offence, but that balaclavas on NightOps are slightly erm...weird  sad_o.gif

Maybe you should exchange them for black colored helmets or something?

And I hope there'll be some kind of NVGs on NightOps since they're "Night"Ops  wink_o.gif

why not add the mask and helmet of the first FFUR black op

those looked pretty cool smile_o.gif