Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]Copy Dta\Anim.pbo into a modfolder.

Nope that is wrong. There is an addon in the ffur/addons folder called ffur_anims.pbo or something like that, in their is a folder of death anims, now you cant simply copy them into your anim.pbo as they have different names.

You could use it the config way in the addon which causes CTD's so the best bet is to wait for the patch which if i understand correctly TB has used the way i thought of in the new pack, whcih involves editing the death anims names to be able to overwrite the original in the anim.pbo.

The easiest solution will be wait for the patch and then copy the anim.pbo.

TB - any progress report m8 ? smile_o.gif

some screens would be nice tounge2.gif

keep up the good work, Great mod FFUR team ! xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh well. My bad whistle.gif

I noticed in VME mod that they have an anim for drawing pistols that seems more realistic (certainly more quicker), would it be possible to incorporate this anim in FFUR?

How about sticking to the original OFP music score?

You know you can simply delete the music.pbo in the ffur 2006 folder to play the original score. I did that because the current selection of ffur 2006 music is not my taste.

Quote[/b] ]I noticed in VME mod that they have an anim for drawing pistols that seems more realistic (certainly more quicker), would it be possible to incorporate this anim in FFUR?

Well on a simillar topis is it possible to make the speed of animations more realistic, instead of a split second to reload your weapon. Or the way you can run quicker with a rifle then without.

Or atleast touch up some of the anim speeds.

You know you can simply delete the music.pbo in the ffur 2006 folder to play the original score. I did that because the current selection of ffur 2006 music is not my taste.

Heh, that is simple, thanks man. smile_o.gif

I tried joining a game for the second time in awhile using FURR and they said that I would cause the entire server to crash, is this true? It did crash on my first attempt on the [LOL] server.

Quote[/b] ]I tried joining a game for the second time in awhile using FURR and they said that I would cause the entire server to crash, is this true? It did crash on my first attempt on the [LOL] server

Dont listen to whoever it is, aslong as its with the MP config you should be fine, i had about 3 CTI's in a row with the FFUR MP config and i casued no problems what so ever for the config.

Cant wait till the latest patch is released cause then the server is getting FFUR 06, those CTI's will be great with tanks turrets poping off on DTB Insane. pistols.gif

Also if a server is to have the BDU clasic config, will people still be able to use the ACU clasic? or even the light versions? Or will this cause problems?

Hi,

We are still working hard with the hope to accomplish the FFUR 2006 Patch before the end of this months (Thank you people for your constant support and your patience, though.)

Here are some news from the front btw:

Special Forces Update:

Black spotters replaced by 'Updated' Special Forces units (Delta Force Operators), they come in BDU and ACU camouflages.

Once again, cheers to Laser for his great 3D Models.

sfbdu8pp.jpgsfacu7dv.jpg

And replaced the current CH-47D Chinook by an updated variant of Afrographx Chinook. (Retextured it in order to make it looking US).

ch472oo.jpg

Thanks to AfrographX for allowing us to edit and use his Chinook and thanks everyone for providing suggestions and soundtracks titles, but it would be more helpful if you could send them to my mail adress.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Will the edited AfrographX's Chinook have a MG on the left side? May break some missions otherwise wink_o.gif

Them SpecOps are looking good! thumbs-up.gif And finally, a new Chinook, I thought I'd never see the day rofl.gifnotworthy.gif

Mmm....A balaclava would look good.

will the ch-47 beable to carriy other vehicals other than the uk foces ones?

Hi,

We are still working hard with the hope to accomplish the FFUR 2006 Patch before the end of this months...

Hmm... Cool only one month left... on more month...

I think we can wait one more month,

just take your time untill ArmA is out :P

GW TB

"And to celebrate the release of the brand new game....we've released a mod for the old one!" No, I think It would be better to get it out before ArmA so that people will enjoy it more. That said, do take your time, let this be the big one smile_o.gif

"And to celebrate the release of the brand new game....we've released a mod for the old one!" No, I think It would be better to get it out before ArmA so that people will enjoy it more. That said, do take your time, let this be the big one smile_o.gif

I do agree with you ch, it should be released before armed assault comes out. But I dont see why people are saying "take your time" when thunderbird has already announced that the patch is done and hes only waiting for RHS mi24 ....

do you know ironic...

the patch takes longer than the mon it self...

but dosn't matter

because if thunderbird like to see ppl play the mod

then he has to release it soon... because arma will be out

and then nobody will play it :P

do you know ironic...

the patch takes longer than the mon it self...

Nope, FFUR 2005 was released in October 2005. 2006 (originally 2005 Patch) was released at the start of March, a distance of 5 months. Presuming 2006 Patch gets released at the end of this month it will be just under three months smile_o.gif

Can you not see that TB has a dilema? TB cannot release the patch yet because he will have nothing left to do while waiting for ArmA!  tounge2.gif

Loves you TB  groovy.gif  ... Even though I curse you sometimes!  banghead.gif   niceone.gif

TB, everytime you release those screens it has a pavlov effect on me. yay.gif

Liking the new Special Forces unit, the camos look excellent on them. As for masks/balaclavas, I don't why it'd be necessary for day units, but definitely night ones.

After all take into consideration that the majority of pics you see of SOF units in Iraq/Afghanistan don't wear masks/balaclavas.