Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Zeus Gaming Nights

Probably right. Either way I always stick a sniper to platoon HQ for most missions smile_o.gif

actually, now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure i remember reading that snipers are a battalion-level asset (or something ridiculously high like that, as bals suggested), while i would imagine sharpshooters (what jinef was basically talking about, a guy with a sniper rifle) would be much more common, i suppose as low as the platoon level.

edit:

kick ass, just noticed this was my 200th post! yay.gif

Nice one pablo......................thought this thread needed a bump xmas_o.gif

Some captures from the splendid games on Saturday:

Getting out of trucks, and into boats and helicopters:

BECH2_29102005_7.jpg

The amphibious assault on the way:

BECH2_29102005_5.jpg

Landing, not even all of the boats visible:

BECH2_29102005_2.jpg

Battle scenes were too gruesome for viewing. goodnight.gif

New people intending to join Zeus Gaming Nights should read this:

Quote[/b] ]

The Zeus Addon Game-Play:

Our game-play is unique, we work as a team and we act our roles yet we do it and have fun. Unlike other servers, which destroy the atmosphere with imposed ranks and rules, we at Zeus simply expect you to want to be part of the team and to do your role. What we find is the more people play at Zeus the less they play anywhere else.

If you want to fly a fast jet, transport infantry in helicopters or lead an infantry squad or even command the entire mission you are free to. If you completely cock it all up by bombing friendly units, crashing a fully loaded Chinook or walking your infantry platoon into a minefield covered by enemy machine guns ... be ready to have the piss taken out of you. There is no penalties, we are all there to have fun and sometimes everything going wrong can be just as fun as everything going right!

Why our gameplay works:

A regular at Zeus who has been playing there for 3 years will happily be lead and will follow orders from someone who has joined the server for his or her first time because when that Zeus regular is leading, he will expect nothing less. Reciprocal courtesy. However we do not appreciate it when we are then leading and new players go running off doing their own things contradicting given orders. Of course do not expect us to kick you or shoot you on the spot like other gestapo-style servers, however you should expect to get a 'rambo' tag associated with your name, the piss to be taken of you more often and people to treat you more and more like an errant child  tounge2.gif

So the key words are: Reciprocal courtesy.

You would not like it if you are leading and people don't listen to you so show the same standards when someone else is leading. Thanks.

You may just want to sit quietly on TS2 listening and play as simple infantry, that is fine. However we encourage you to lead, to be vocal on Team-Speak and to develop your personality, you will have a lot more fun and become a much better team-player because of it. Zeus is full of right characters and the more the merrier.

Just understand we do expect you to be part of the team and we also expect you to have fun while doing it.

Well done Jinny pie that will solve the problem! Good girl, get you a case of beer for that one!  biggrin_o.gif

This is exactly how we want people to play and act on the server, nothing more nothing less. Treat others with the proper respect and you will be treated with the same kind of respect in return. Be a rambo and you will be treated as a rambo and sent to clear minefields and do loner missions where you will die horribly and you will in due time have lost comms with the rest of the 'pack'. Lone wolf is a dead wolf with the missions played at zeus!   wink_o.gif

Very nicely put J smile_o.gif this could even be renamed the Zeus creed notworthy.gif

Hi Cain,

pretty much we call them co-op nights but if enough ppl are available it can turn into a PVP co-op which have been mentioned earlier in this thread.

U know how fun |PVP can be in ECL etc but this really takes it to the next level IMHO. The planning and execution of the planning to a successful outcome is bloody good gaming and more tactical than owning flag three all game or whatever is needed in a match scenario pistols.gifwelcome.gif

We have flag 1.

They have flag 2.

Ohh yay we have flag 2.

Oh no the world is ending, they have our primary *cries*.

Or:

On execution order, Red Flare over target area, Sections A,B,C will begin firing on the north side of the bridgehead. Section D will move under cover of A,B,C Fires towards the Bridge and sabotage any explosives the enemy may have set... *BANG* Cancel all orders - Sections A,D flank west now. C Fall back 100 metres. B, Hook north and kill that forward observer.

Fire Support Section, Target grid refs 056,043 enemy CP. keep pounding it.

... In my dreams.

Reality:

*Bang* Ahhhhhhh Mortar Fire We are all going to die!!! Ahhhhh. Run away! Run Away! Ahhhhhh. Oh no men down. Ahhh a mortar just landed on B section, we are all gonna die.

... rofl.gif  Yep that's how it goes most of the times. But those times that go well are truelly an experience. A large firefight with all kinds of sh^t going on and then when it's over and you fought like a mofo you notice you are one of the few still alive. ACE!

me wanna join thursday what should i know except for the rulez?  biggrin_o.gif i like playing in teams and chat  smile_o.gif

and promo my co-op missions  for potential testers whistle.gif

btw i live in gmt +1 what would time be for me to join tha server? Got all the addons a few weeks ago already biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]btw i live in gmt +1 what would time be for me to join tha server?

hmm, i'm pretty sure the games start around 2100GMT, maybe a little later or sooner depending on the day; you could probably check the zeus forums for the official time.

note to zeus leaders: please, no more co-ops! i want pvp!

We can do PvP any time, we did some this weekend, the reason why we don't sometimes is the # of people being below a certain threshold level.

We plan to do a few coops this week, but if we get a good number then PvP Coop is certainly going ot be there.

damn its sunday and i can't see the server crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

i typed in the gotf.net adress but nothin came up and i found out there was a 1.10 patch and i installed and then i started ofp again and still couldn't find the server, now when searching for zeus addon... is the server down or something? wow_o.gif

Yes server temporarily down, but look on the main page of ofp-zeus.com for the rest of the info. Also we don't have gaming tonight. Saturdays and Thursdays peeps.

damn its sunday and i can't see the server crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

i typed in the gotf.net adress but nothin came up and i found out there was a 1.10 patch and i installed and then i started ofp again and still couldn't find the server, now when searching for zeus addon... is the server down or something? wow_o.gif

yer zeus's server has gone tits up at the minute...

they have a temp server which you can find the ip on this page

zeus

Hats off to Jinef as OC in the successfully executed Drug raid, especially as we lost Charlie squad before the start.............must make it harder pistols.gif

RE AAR: Our West OC was very selfconscious about the way he went over the mission, so he asked we submit his new AAR recording.

AAR

Hehe Mr Cheese.

I'm suprised noone noticed. However as I was repeatedly typing to Bravo to halt and not get on the south side of the drug plant it seemed to me I had lost control. So I simply gave the CAS free reign to smash the plant to smithereens ...

and any disobedient subordinates in the process ...

An order which the CAS pilots performed exceptionally and I soon had control of Bravo again.

biggrin_o.gif

It's hard to make such choices as OC tounge2.gif

RE AAR: Our West OC was very selfconscious about the way he went over the mission, so he asked we submit his new AAR recording.

AAR

Sounds like |John "looz" Wayne wow_o.gif