Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy

The Caspian Sea Monsters ..... nar ..... very nice, but not really an OFP type of weapon. Maybe we'll see what ArmA can do a bit better first.

Gnat @ Dec. 28 2005,18:23)]very nice, but not really an OFP type of weapon

CVNs are?

CVNs are?

No they arent either ....... do they move? no. Are they problem free, not at all.

BUT, they work ok because they supports OTHER addons well. ie Player (and sort of AI) aircraft and as a placable airfield.

The LUN (the armed Ekranoplan), is really at best a fast sea-bound missile launcher. I like balancing with something similar for the west.

lun-1.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The LUN (the armed Ekranoplan), is really at best a fast sea-bound missile launcher. I like balancing with something similar for the west.

its kind of stealth to, Sonar is useless to detect it, and radar to i think. "its flying so low"

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]The LUN (the armed Ekranoplan), is really at best a fast sea-bound missile launcher. I like balancing with something similar for the west.

its kind of stealth to, Sonar is useless to detect it, and radar to i think. "its flying so low"

Actually radar works quite well at very low level over water(assuming its actually low enough not to get too many reflections off waves) But alot of the Naval Fire Control Radars dont seem to suffer too much from this anymore with the advent of decent software to interpret the results.

The main advantage of the LUN would be its speed, no surface ship could catch it.

nor do navy's helicopters...

i wounder if anti ship missiles could handle ekranoplans speed...

i think anti ship missiles or software aren't programed to strike "ships" floating at 500km/h speed...

if i'm wrong, just say... icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
nor do navy's helicopters...

i wounder if anti ship missiles could handle ekranoplans speed...

i think anti ship missiles or software aren't programed to strike "ships" floating at 500km/h speed...

if i'm wrong, just say... icon_rolleyes.gif

I think the only thing that would hit it would be an AAM - I cant see an ASM being programmed to track something that fast...

C4 floating on a small piece of wood,would possibly take it out too when it's in the right place on right time tounge2.gif lol

Actually,blowing off a wing would be enough as it makes the plane/ship whatever thing unbalanced and it would most likely crash...

I dunno if its anything like most ruski planes itll be able to take big holes and still come back okay at least to come to a stop,,, Woah woah woah... whats up with all the ekranoplan stuff suddenly..... Gnat you gonna do the ole kruznetsov?? huh.gif

As it looks, the ekranoplan constuction, have many advantages compared to ordinary hull ship, the disadvantages would be seaworhiness in very rough sea, fuel consumption. if it is equiped with sonar, it could detect before it is detected, strike and run, and i dont think it would be to difficult to equip it with stealth tecnology against radar( new construction)....

kuznetsov would be cool. or Kirov battlecruiser

http://topgun.rin.ru/cgi-bin....lng=eng

smile_o.gif

The kuznetsov ?! huh.gif Its already been done by others ... and even retextured once .... why would I do it again ?

Quote[/b] ][APS]Gnat Posted on Dec. 30 2005,17:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kuznetsov ?! Its already been done by others ... and even retextured once .... why would I do it again ?

it will fit with youre other ships better if u did it, as everyone do it in there own way smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]arkengel Posted on Dec. 30 2005,19:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets just stay at what gnat is doing first huh >?

low poly models, that can be used with no lag and full viewdistance??

A guide only cuz they are not final;

0.0 LOD

Krivak - 3500 points, 3000 faces

Kashtan CIWS - 650 / 550

OHP - 1600 / 1100 so far

Arleigh Burke - 2000 / 1600

Type 45 - 1500 / 1300

Akula - 1000 / 900

Los Angeles - 700 / 600

Patrol Boats 950 / 800

Most textures are no more than 128 or 256 in one dimension or other.

If there is going to be lag, its really only going to be because of the proxy-gun positioning scripts, but so far its looking quite good performance wise.

Quote[/b] ][APS]Gnat Posted on Dec. 31 2005,14:19

Quote (t80 @ Dec. 31 2005,18:29)

A guide only cuz they are not final;

0.0 LOD

Krivak - 3500 points, 3000 faces

Kashtan CIWS - 650 / 550

OHP - 1600 / 1100 so far

Arleigh Burke - 2000 / 1600

Type 45 - 1500 / 1300

Akula - 1000 / 900

Los Angeles - 700 / 600

Patrol Boats 950 / 800

Most textures are no more than 128 or 256 in one dimension or other.

If there is going to be lag, its really only going to be because of the proxy-gun positioning scripts, but so far its looking quite good performance wise.

Thats great for more strategical playing OFP, open up a hidden dimension in the game thumbs-up.gif

Gnat @ Dec. 30 2005,17:37)]The kuznetsov ?! huh.gif Its already been done by others ... and even retextured once .... why would I do it again ?

Perhaps just implement a script that properly positions all the pieces instead of manual places? Never used the old Kuznetsov because of that. You would be my hero if you made this "plug&play" improvement. smile_o.gif

over that old kuznetsov .

i have retextrue that ship again , look little bit better now

with little bit research you find many thing over kuznetsov

if you want it, pm

I'm halfway to a full functioning, static Carrier. But as great as the Nimitz was, it's looking a bit dated now.

If someone could update or revamp the kuznetsov (my AI can't land on the thing without roadways) I'd be happy to get it up and running alongside the Nimitz.

I'm halfway to a full functioning, static Carrier. But as great as the Nimitz was, it's looking a bit dated now.

If someone could update or revamp the kuznetsov (my AI can't land on the thing without roadways) I'd be happy to get it up and running alongside the Nimitz.

hmmmmm ........ maybe not a lost cause afterall from what you are all saying.

BUT, I gotta finish some normal ships first otherwise I'll end up with ANOTHER half finished project.

So whats the last, best Download link to the kuznetsov?

UNN, if you know whats missing from the kuznetsov model (vs the Nimitz) I'll looking into updating the model so it works also.

Hey all, I've been away for a good little while (for my standards anyways),  and I've gotten some decent naval modelling progress done.

Here is an Osa I've been fixing up.  The original model was very badly made and considered worse than half-ass quality.  Just to be clear on this, I was not the original maker of the Osa missile boat model, but if I was I would have not done as crappy as he/she did.  I'll probably have to create new textures for it as well.  It's not perfect but its definitely close to "in-game" quality.

osafixed23qm.jpg

osafixed14dg.jpg

I've also started modelling on the NATO/US missile used on a lot of NATO ships and other countries as well.  It's the standard missile, the model I've made probably is the more advanced SM2 model but it also could be used for the older and shorter range SM1 model.

I'll have it scaled better when I get the exact specs soon on the missile.

standardmissile30xm.jpg

standardmissile28ul.jpg

standardmissile13nz.jpg

Feel free to provide feedback or ask questions about this stuff, I just work on this content to add depth to the game, whoever does it doesn't matter.  

The Standard missile model is planned to be available for all to use in their addons.  Hopefully there will be standardization or something close to how air defense weapons are done on ships.

Later,

Havoc.

WHOO HOOO!!! Wow.. it looks fantastic!!! You have no idea how long I've been hoping someone would make a good Osa class missile corvette as it is one of the most widely used missile corvettes in the world and a very powerful little ship (not to mention very cool looking).

Thank you so much for your hard work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>