Sign in to follow this  
chipper

OFP Need For Speed Mod v1

Saw this over at ofpec.com I mirrored to filefront to save you people the need of registering and waiting up to 45min to download from gamespy.

48274_1.jpg

FROM OFPEC

Quote[/b] ]OFPfreak has sent some great news. OFP Need For Speed 1.0 has been released. Here's what OFPfreak has to say: Hey guys! Yes finally my first big mod has been released! It is the biggest racing modification for OFP ever! The mod doesn't have a real logo yet, or a modified menu. A racing campaign will be released in patch V1.1 along with more cars! It contains the following:

# More than 70 cars

# 4 race track islands

# about 5-10 boats

# loads of other stuff that you can race with!

Download here.

Not meaning to sound funny, but is this really a Mod, I'd have said its more a collection of OFP addons form the very start of the community being formed up to the present day,

Anyway thats just my view!

whistle.gif

I agree with that, it's just a load of other people's work, bundled in a big pack.

Yes, I can recodnise (sp?) many models, but anyways what are armed HMMWV's doing in this pack? crazy_o.gif

Yes, I can recodnise (sp?) many models, but anyways what are armed HMMWV's doing in this pack? crazy_o.gif

Very Extreme sports? rofl.gif

It seems that there are more re-releases, packs of already-released addons and "mods" made from existing content in the community than there are actually new addons.

From the above news post it doesn't even appear to mention that these are not new addons... I think Lt. Hunter should update his Steal-O-Meter.

well it does come with 4 or 5 racing islands or tracks thumbs-up.gif

yeah, what do you think mods are, like FFUR, they are everyone elses work that someone else gets credit for.

Ah, but the question is "Has credit been given where credit is due?". There's some stuff I haven't seen before on there, but way too much which I have on my HD already, which raises my eyebrows. If someone's got it, maybe post a copy of the readme?

yeah, what do you think mods are, like FFUR, they are everyone elses work that someone else gets credit for.

Yeah, but that Need for Speed thing is not even a mod it is.. nothing smile_o.gif

It is sort of rephrasing of Family Guy quote:

Brian: Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

mods like FFUR, EECP, and Y2K3 never claim credit for models or textures used unless we the creator specificly made addon. we have always givin credit where credit is due. the only credit we take is for the hours and hours and hours of time spent replacing default stuff with it. remapping scripts, updating scripts, tweaking stuff. thats what we take credit for. so please dont group us with stuff like this where its just packaged up and released as a "mod". this is an addon pack.

Quote[/b] ]Hey guys! Yes finally my first big mod has been released

I think "that" line right there is the problem.

Just tell people what it really is...a shitload of cars you didnt make and packaged for convenience.

Mods change the game, as in edit the configs. This is categorised as a Collection of addons, not a mod. And more to the point, a collection of addons, 99.9% of which are someone else's hard work.

was it a joke or ? if yeah ... then you may be comedian...

As Pappy said , innumerable hours were spent on research, cpp editing, scripts incorporating, testing, design effort... and a bunch of other stuff in our packs.

This pack showed by Chipper has nothing to do with FFUR,Y2K3 ,EECP or FDF, cuz it's only a collection of addons and not a TOTAL CONVERSION PACK.

In any way, instead of reading such comments ,it'd be best that I continue my work...

Regards

TB84