Sign in to follow this  
remo

Small is beautifull

Our "@ofpd realism mini mod" is available here at Ofpd. It just 1.65mb (!) of reconfigurations of cpp (weapon/amo values, speed, fuel, flare etc all details are on our site and in the readme), insertion of some effects (smoke, explosion,recoil) and changed some models (mi24, bmp, mi8), with very few scripts, it keeps most of the original visual and sound and saves download size at the minimum to make MP game easier. We don't claimed it's absolut realism, it just make some ofp features a little better.

We enjoy a lot testing it in MP, despite some points that could be upgraded. We make it "public" because I'm sure there're a lot of people who want a "cheap" upgrade without having to dowload 400mb mod, 150mb patch, and have so much script that one can't have big battles.

(Credits are inside readme and on our page)

Remo

Now that's exactly what I've been waiting for!

Thanks!

looks good.

I would suggest to think about adding/changing also the insideSoundCoef parameter of some vehicles.

Because when you are playing in MP, it's very hard to hear voices of your teammates - especially when you are inside a helicopter, or tank (in reality the crew has a headsets so that they don't need to shout over the engine sound).

For example, in my custom config i am using a value of insideSoundCoef=0.004 for the Apache or Cobra helicopter, instead of default 0.05

What do you think about to set the fire distance higher than normal.LibMod did this with its soldiers and vehicles.

Also the AI sniper should shoot/hit at farer distance.Hitcounts proportional to his skill of course.

I like your mod,good work thumbs-up.gif

For example, in my custom config i am using a value of insideSoundCoef=0.004 for the Apache or Cobra helicopter, instead of default 0.05

Your're right, I will try it

For distances fire I made it a little longer than the original but I forgot to write it in the details !

Quote[/b] ]- Flarescript on OFP-CWC planes (ofpd_FlareP) and helicopters (ofpd_FlareH). Automatic for AI. For human players, choose flare weapon when warned of incomming missile (then launch is automatic). Need to be improved to be more effective.

you should look into the Y2K3 flare script i used on my helos. incorperates a proximity detonation. so the missel explodes within 10m of the vehicle. to simulate the missel going for the flares. for slower moving aircraft its more deadly. faster aircraft its less deadly. what the script basicly does is create a second missel in the path of the first.. forcing them to collide doubleing the explosion for a neater effect, louder explosion, and more dammage done to the proximity vehicle. however with a lil practice and experiance the MANPAD can be a rather deadly and effective weapon in the hands of a player  smile_o.gif

you should look into the Y2K3 flare script i used on my helos. incorperates a proximity detonation. so the missel explodes within 10m of the vehicle. to simulate the missel going for the flares. for slower moving aircraft its more deadly.

Thanks for the hint, I'll have a look on this to improve the system

Hui

Nice Remo.

Two little questions.

Is it possible to combine the configs from remo's realism-mod, locke-mod and maybe ecp?  whistle.gif

If yes, who can (is allowed to)?

Any new features in the future? Is this the final version? You could go up to 10 MB with maybe Sanctuary's anim pack and some new ironsights or new skyes. I like this mod very much and wish you best of luck biggrin_o.gif .

I accidently found out this thread and picked up this mod at ofp info in both versions.

However it seems to have an issue in the config.cpp:

no entry config.cpp/cfgvehicles/bmp2/turret.minElev

and also, in Battlefields mission for instance:

no entry config.cpp/cfgvehicles/bmp2/turret.gunAxis

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It should be something in bmp2.pbo

As for now I have removed any reference to bmp2.pbo in the config.cpp and removed bmp2.pbo from addons folder...