Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

USMC Mod V 1.4

Yes, standart colours would be nice. The BW-Mod has done this for german addons. Look here.

About the BWMOD they are probably made by a single texture artist or textrue artist which have been taught by the same texture artist a good example of this was Rudedog and Pablo from Combat addons, you couldn't tell which one did the work becuase they were taught and one taught the other about texturing

Look at his link. They are using paint chips with corresponding RGB values, something skinners in the Il-2 community have been doing for a long time for the sake of greatly improved consistency. Most militaries have standardized paints for which you should be able to determine RGB values. That leads to greater consistency, but not total (weathering, changes in paint, etc. all lead to a degree of variability in real life anyways).

ah ic what you mean but its still very hard because certrain filters some people use change the texture colour completely

not only that but shading methods, highlighting (could seem brighter) shadowing, weathering, scrathes all land a big inpact on how the end result is gonna look. So even though the colours match untill the whole thing is done it hard to say if they are going to look similar. BUt almost certainly if you have two different people that can texture their techniques are going to be very different.

Watch out. I will present you tomorrow/ today a brand new vehcile for Armed Assault ... never seen before in OFP and VBS1 (so far i know) whistle.gif

Im very happy to see a good team of artists working in anticipation for AA USMC addons, maybe Sarah will fit the idea FK originaly had for his mod, great stuff and good luck guys smile_o.gif .

Ofcourse this is awesome looking and very "Cool" but iam afraid of that we will have to wait for 2-3 years for release. sad_o.gif

The MTVR 7t truck. Yet, without camo. Will folowing.

USMC13.jpg

USMC14.jpg

@nx_illusion: We should do our best to avoid that.

Looking very nice. Just two little things...

Headlights are bigger than it actually are; and the height between truck body and the wheels should be a little bit bigger.

BTW good job! thumbs-up.gif

Headlights are bigger than it actually are; and the height between truck body and the wheels should be a little bit bigger.

BTW good job!  thumbs-up.gif

AFAIK headlights are small in real life (seems ok to me)

the overall truck seems very good compared to the real thing nice job Fischkopp wink_o.gif

mmmm I think i´ve not explained well enough: I meant that the headlights are smaller in the real MTVR compared with FK model.

About the height, I maintain what I said.

BTW good job! thumbs-up.gif

Headlights, maybe.

But don´t forget this vehicle is brandnew and information is very, very, very, rare. I also ask Oshkosh directly for a blueprint ... no reply. So, i´ve used a side photo of a MTVR MK25 vor the MK23 version.

And i think the wheels are right in size. Ok, a little bit too big as the org one, on a second view. But only centimeters. And the height looks correct for me too. Starts half of the size of the wheels.

But after a search for something diffrent (LVS) i discovered by chance a very good MTVR drawing. But too late. All is done. crazy_o.gif

But it is only a little bit to long. Caused by the MK25 ohoto. It are only some centimeters (20-35 cm).

If somebody say now ... buhhh ... shut up and make it self. I put a lot of time in it and i´m personally satisfied with that.

and hmmwv you have not offend me. Just in case you feel that you have.

I only want to give here a statement that it is sometimes very hard to find some information of some vehicles. Especially the new ones for the USMC (AAAV/EFV, LW 155, JSF, MTVR, HIMARS, LVSR/ LVS, HTTV).

I know. wink_o.gif

I´m trying to help you like when I was part of the USMC Mod a long time ago, and I consider one of the best ways to help you making this little (and sometimes annoying, I know) suggestions.

I know the fact that it´s difficult to find info about new material, but spending a few hours searching, sometimes can gather results. (that´s what I do)

Anyway, if you need any pic of the MTVR ask me and I´ll see what can I do.

Greetings FK and good work mate. notworthy.gif

The finished MTVR 7t truck ... only one version.

USMC18.jpg

At next i will do this vehicle. A Oshkosh product again. The LVS.

USMC19.jpg

Looks very good m8 thumbs-up.gif

The other vehicle will it have the trailer too huh.gif

Edit: also the MTVR 7t truck will there be an unarmed version too huh.gif

but why? huh.gif

I mean the connection in the middle, is it like for when one of the two half's blows up you can just connect a new part! confused_o.gif

Or for better terrain handling and cross country travel like over hills. confused_o.gif

huh.gif

@ Extraction:

MTVR Versions that will inlcuded (final):

-MTVR (Open)

-MTVR (Clodes)

-MTVR (Closed, M2HMG)

-MTVR (Ammunition)

About the LVS. It will have a trailer but it will not work cos of engine limitation. It will move like the CBT_HEMMT. I know there is a script for the FAUN HET. But it´s ugly and do not work correctly with hills.

I planned 3 trailers:

Cargo (Ammunition in that case)

Container

Fuel

@manhunter: What you want to say with that? I don´t understand?

Fischkopp m8 saw some missplacing on camo patern here m8 the camo patern on the tent and chasis of vehicle does connect each other would look better if you change it look here in pic this is what I mean

usmc185ud.jpg

@Extraction: The colors are equal bot not the lightning. Cos if i use normal lightning it would look really weired. So i decided to put it to "half-lighted". This solved the lightning problem, but now the colors differ a little bit. But in real life i had never seen a awning (used one) which fit with the color of the vehicle. I was in a Supply unit. A lot of truck we had ... smile_o.gif .

I think you have not understand my question what I mean the tent hood on the back is placed later the camo patern on the hood tent and the chasis of the vehicle cannot loop at same lines or they must have such a good placer that the lines loop at same line.

Now I think you understand what I mean usmc182bw.jpg

It can never placed so good the patern loops on hood tent and chasis can never loop that correct that is what I mean wink_o.gif

Just made a quick edit of your orginal picture it would look more realistic if it looks so

usmc181xg.jpg

sure it can. In german military every veihcle and the right awning has standard camo. And they do fit. Sure through the years and some reparirs it can differ but it fit. I think they fit in the US armed forces too.

an example with an M998 Canvas

sure it can. In german military every veihcle and the right awning has standard camo. And they do fit. Sure through the years and some reparirs it can differ but it fit. I think they fit in the US armed forces too.

an example with an M998 Canvas

Oh my bad than indeed it can banghead.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I thought it can never loop the same whistle.gif

The colours look wonderfull m8 thumbs-up.gif

And i think the wheels are right in size. Ok, a little bit too big as the org one, on a second view. But only centimeters. And the height looks correct for me too. Starts half of the size of the wheels.

I think what he meant is the distance from the top of the tire to the top of the tire well isnt big enough, which makes the truck look out of proportion. Its a really tall looking truck. Compare the pic of your truck with this one I found:

USMC13.jpg

And the real deal:

Warning: Big pic

Looks about right to me,just the part covering the wheel is a bit low,hmmm I bet it would suck to get run over with one of those.

Jeez those headlights in that pic are small,I don't see how they could generate enough next to any light...