Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA LIBYA

hi

I made some tests the last days myself and here is now how you can get the oil-pumps working:

1) (Not tested) Easily place one pump in the editor on the map.

Than it should be possible to use the MAP_OA_PumpOn function on the pumps placed with wrp.

Example: object (5393) call MAP_oa_pumpOn

2) (Tested) Write in one init line of a unit the following code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if (format [{%1}, MAP_OA_Load] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) then {[object 5393] call loadFile {\MAP_OilAddon_script\MAP_init.sqf}}; [object 5393] exec {\MAP_OilAddon_script\MAP_OA_pumpInit.sqs}

the object xxxx should be a pump.

After you have done this you can use the MAP_oa_pumpOn function as mentioned above.

regards

Flashpoint_K

or add the call for the script via a Game Logic entry in the config.cpp of the island.

Student Pilot added it to my map to call up the rotation of mapfact addons, RW lights, or any other .

Now all I do is place the approp. game logic n a mission and there ya go....no need to place anything in a units init field.

De-pbo my map...Goons An Najaf and you'll see what I mean..

I started to add gamelogics to the next update, as the first questions about the functions of the Mapfact objects appeared. wink_o.gif

So far gamelogics are for the airport (hangar doors, mapfact airport radar building gets a radar + turning), and for the harbours (the rusty Mapfact radar towers turning).

I am not done with making the gamelogic for the Oil fields (fire on the oil towers, pumps working), since the object ids are still changing with every alteration of the map. But for the release I will add 2 more gamelogics to take care of the oil field towers and pumps (or maybe 2 for each of the two oil fields, making a high and a low version of effects). smile_o.gif

Thank you for the info though, Goon. wink_o.gif

That's helpful and great news, Honcho. I look forward to the update, frame-rate hit or not.

I played w/ Flashpoint-K's instructions ingame last night, and I was getting very mixed results. If I used method 2), it would work, but only for that particular pump that was referrenced. So I'd end up having to have that long string in an init for every pump I wanted to activate. Also, if I tried to activate another pump w/ a trigger and the call function, I'd get a "Mapfact OA error, email raedor@..." hint box. Kind of strange. The turrets worked fine though everytime w/out the long weird init string.

I don't mean this to be a complaint, just reporting my issues. I'm not really sweating it, especially now that Honcho is adding gamelogics. This was mostly me learning how this stuff works for missions that are pretty much only played by me. I appreciate the help, guys.

NP...Just a heads up...

I also added some small red lights to the top edges of the hangars, tops of radio towers that blink on and off for effect.

Need someone to give me thw code that will kill these lights if the objects they relate to are destroyed.....that way they dont float in mid-air if the object is destroyed. wink_o.gif

Honcho (or maybe Ag_Smith):

I had a quick question for you regarding the upcoming Libya release. I've noticed that either day or night, the blue mosques seem to cause some slowdown when they're in view. It can be with just me on the map. Was there any optimization for the update? Just curious.

You guys sure do know a thing or two about marketing. Parvus just keeps making those screenshots look amazing, and it makes me look forward to the release even more. Thanks for all of your (as in all of DMA) work.

I am sorry to tell you that the mosque hasnt been reworked regarding lag reduction. I actually never experienced frameratedrop, caused by the object. I guess the problem might be because the building is always placed within the citys and villages, so there is always an additional amount of buildings around.

But since you say that it causes lag on your system, whenever it gets into view, it might be interesting to have another look at the object. But any fixes wont make it to the next release of the map, since its about done and ready to be wrapped.

Quote[/b] ]Parvus just keeps making those screenshots look amazing, and it makes me look forward to the release even more. Thanks for all of your (as in all of DMA) work.

Yes I am also very content on how Parvus presented the included content, its nice to have a single combat photographer to present a mod content, since it will give the whole presentation a unified look, specially when its such a picture artist as Parvus. smile_o.gif

since its about done and ready to be wrapped.

horray. Beta 1 was great. This will be excelent biggrin_o.gif

@Honcho:

Okay, fair enough. Glad to hear it's in the final stages. I'll just live w/ the slow down. For what it's worth (for reporting purposes only), it tends to happen when the mosque is in view, but not necessarily when you can see it. It will happen when it's behind some buildings, as well.

Anyway, looking forward to the release.

sorry for dig out but...

i have this error when load in libya:

http://i52.tinypic.com/34xjm0p.jpg

i loaded in this addons (dma_libya.rar, dma_oil_workers.rar, dmalibya_missions_vehicles_addons.rar, dmapackarmy.rar):

http://i51.tinypic.com/mr8l7n.jpg

as i see the trees and plants are missing.

im tried to found the Unsung BFV plant pack whats the island using but all links are dead.

anyone can help with link or am i f**kd up something when installed island?

thanks

Edited by Incubus

I checked my version. I have this error during loading too and I have all neccesary addons... strange thing. I'll try to check it in wrp tool.

Bielow

I checked my version. I have this error during loading too and I have all neccesary addons... strange thing. I'll try to check it in wrp tool.

Bielow

Remember that there are two versions of DMA Libya: Libya_256.pbo (older one) and 'proper' DMA_Libya.pbo!! Older one will give you errors, newer is working flawlessly.

I can upload both somwhere if needed

y, strange.

i added ur plantpack and its ok now.

trees growing on island :)

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Remember that there are two versions of DMA Libya: Libya_256.pbo (older one) and 'proper' DMA_Libya.pbo!! Older one will give you errors, newer is working flawlessly.

I can upload both somwhere if needed

ah thats why. i found lybia_256.

can u u/l the newest?

thanx krzychu

Damm. I had old version probably :P Now I have no errors. Thanks Zulu!

Bielow

Probably the ones included with the mod, they are pretty fun.