Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA LIBYA

The bleed for oil missions are ace smile_o.gif Each night i complete one i feel good! Then when i go to quit the game it get's better,the cutscenes are ace as well inlove.gif

I just took two Land Rovers on a night patrol and got ambushed approaching the patrol objective. Two PKs ripped us up from either side of the road. The DMA Army Pack night vision effects (I think that's where the new ones are from) really added to the terror. Brilliant!

Quick question,

For the CAT/AGS Afghanistan Revisited island required, do I need the Special Edition, or can I get away with using the BIS Noe Textures Version?

The bleed for oil missions are ace smile_o.gif Each night i complete one i feel good! Then when i go to quit the game it get's better,the cutscenes are ace as well inlove.gif

eh what cutscenes are they? I haven't seen any

Thank you for the nice comments smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For the CAT/AGS Afghanistan Revisited island required, do I need the Special Edition, or can I get away with using the BIS Noe Textures Version?

The BIS NOE textured version is recommended, since its not as big as the other one its loaded faster. Only the buildings are used from the afghanistan map.

Quote[/b] ]eh what cutscenes are they? I haven't seen any

taken from the readme:

Quote[/b] ]Libya_256_Anim folder has to go into "OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons", otherwise it won't work!!!

If you got the Libya_256_Anim folder in any other folder you will not see the cutscenes for the map (the intros that are shown when you leave a mission or the editor) wink_o.gif

Thats weird - it is in the correct folder but when I complete a mission nothing different happens

do you have the Libya_256_Anim folder in your res\addons folder?

it would look like this then OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons\Libya_256_Anim\introA1.libya_256, OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons\Libya_256_Anim\introA2.libya_256, OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons\Libya_256_Anim\introA3.libya_256,

and so forth wink_o.gif

Sorry by "cutscenes" i mean the island anims what play when you go back to the main bis screen with options and editor ect

Hi fellas. I'm also really enjoying these missions - excellent work. Just one possible bug to report. I'm near the enemy camp at the north east edge of the island and when I try to call in an air strike I get a CTD. This is the first time I've tried to use this particular form of support so it may happen in other missions as well. Is this a known bug?

Cheers

do you have the Libya_256_Anim folder in your res\addons folder?

it would look like this then OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons\Libya_256_Anim\introA1.libya_256, OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons\Libya_256_Anim\introA2.libya_256, OperationFlashpoint\RES\addons\Libya_256_Anim\introA3.libya_256,

and so forth  wink_o.gif

Yep -exactly the same. Although actually I had a little anim of my soldier when I started the mission but it was about 1 second and he said something to the squad. Apart from that nothing else

Quote[/b] ]I'm near the enemy camp at the north east edge of the island and when I try to call in an air strike I get a CTD. This is the first time I've tried to use this particular form of support so it may happen in other missions as well. Is this a known bug?

Have you been playing with ECP, then it is due to not being compatible to ECP, there are problems during the spawning of units. But if you play with out a mod or with the DMA Army/Naval packs, then it could be a bug.

Quote[/b] ]Yep -exactly the same. Although actually I had a little anim of my soldier when I started the mission but it was about 1 second and he said something to the squad. Apart from that nothing else

the mission does not have any cutscenes, what action man and I ment where:

Quote[/b] ]Sorry by "cutscenes" i mean the island anims what play when you go back to the main bis screen with options and editor ect

wink_o.gif

I'm having problems starting the OA oil pumps and oil wells that are pre-placed on the map, neither user actions nor scripts seems to work :/

I have recieved messages about even door actions to stop functioning on the map, I will look into the issue and will try to find a fix. The pumps action not working is another one off the actions seize to work on the map bugs, but they dont even seem to work in the beginning, strange to hear that they cant even be initialized by script. (the oil towers can be activated by scripts, it has been tested on an earlier version of the Last Fight Libya mission) wink_o.gif

Just wanted to repost these thoughts here, as they were not really relevant to the Dynamic Afghanistan campaign:

Regarding paradrop versus helo insertion (fast rope?), I would like to see it as an option for many of the missions. The near-water paradrop restriction is a minor problem that has both realistic and unrealistic implications (yes, many a para has been dropped in the drink, but then would paras been inserted into a coastal oil facility by parachute in 2005?).

I can see both sides to this, and I would hope the paradrop option is retained. What would be ideal is if there were tactical implications for either choice. Perhaps a helo insertion would put you right where you want to be, but enemies in the area would be at a higher alert level, while paradrop would not place you precisely and scatter your squad, but enemies encountered during this vulnerable period would be less alert.

In general, the more ways that the same mission goal can be approached, the better. I think that freedom is what makes this concept behind the campaign so great.

Down those lines, what do you think about adding a small dock just north of the UK base (connected by a trail/road) with some boats available to be used by the player to approach shoreline objectives from seaward in addition to by land or air. A rigid-inflatable or inflatable boat add-on would be ideal, but BIS patrol boats could be used just as easily. Just the option would be cool, but once again added tactical implications would be even better (e.g. shoreline facilities could be more lightly defended to seaward, but if you are detected your unit is far more vulnerable in a boat).

Just some ideas, but I may be going beyond the capabilities of the DM system.

moved over from the Dynamic Afghanistan thread:

Quote[/b] ](yes, many a para has been dropped in the drink, but then would paras been inserted into a coastal oil facility by parachute in 2005?).

Sure, I cant think why not, it would give them the element of suprise, and the paras from today got steerable chutes, so they would land exactly on target.

Quote[/b] ]What would be ideal is if there were tactical implications for either choice.

Yes, I believe its better to leave the option to the player, so I will insert the additional form of insertion. Maybe make them rappel, to avoid the problems with the not viewable palms on the map screen.

Quote[/b] ]In general, the more ways that the same mission goal can be approached, the better. I think that freedom is what makes this concept behind the campaign so great.

I got the same opinion about the mission, the more variety the player gets to accomplish the mission the better.

Quote[/b] ]Down those lines, what do you think about adding a small dock just north of the UK base (connected by a trail/road) with some boats available to be used by the player to approach shoreline objectives from the sea side in addition to by land or air.

I think its a very interesting idea, actually I wanted to make such a little military harbour on the Libya map, but I forgot about it along the line. Now that you ask for it, I remember, so I guess you can expect such a harbour in the next mapupdate, and of course also used in the Bleed for oil mission once created, thank you for bringing back that idea. While I am at it, I will also add a military harbour close to the east coast, roughly close to the 2. military base. Would be nice to see some sea action.

Quote[/b] ]Just some ideas, but I may be going beyond the capabilities of the DM system.

The DM principle is absolutly open for additions, the only thing that is limiting the principle is the lack of imagination smile_o.gif

Thanks for the replies. Glad your looking into the boat idea. some nighttime infiltrations by sea of enemy held coastal facilities would wonderful. I think I've seen some decent rigid-inflatable boat add-ons around also. I'll have to look. Thanks again for the great additions.

I have recieved messages about even door actions to stop functioning on the map, I will look into the issue and will try to find a fix. The pumps action not working is another one off the actions seize to work on the map bugs, but they dont even seem to work in the beginning, strange to hear that they cant even be initialized by script. (the oil towers can be activated by scripts, it has been tested on an earlier version of the Last Fight Libya mission) wink_o.gif

Well I'm pretty n00b at scripts so I will try some more smile_o.gif Thankyou for a great map anyways.

Quote[/b] ]

Have you been playing with ECP, then it is due to not being compatible to ECP, there are problems during the spawning of units.  But if you play with out a mod or with the DMA Army/Naval packs, then it could be a bug.

Nope, not using ECP or any other MOD (I am using DMA Army). I've tried it in 2 other missions and unfortunately get the same result. I do however get this error message at start up:

No entry 'Config.bin/Cfgweapons.DSL_GAU8'

Not sure it's related?

honcho, the Flashpoint 1982 team has a very nice rigid hull raider they are close to completing:

http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk/news/uploads/rrpromo04.jpg

It would be perfect for the purposes of adding  small British spec ops boats to your map. Maybe they would share? Creators are CBFASI and BAM.

There is also a beta zodiac by col. klink for the same project at ofp.info:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/boats

First impressions of Libya is great - the map looks and feels right and I have gained alot of respect for the addons. Never played with the mapfact stuff before but the oilfields are a nice touch. Forgot to download map_misc last night (not obvious), but got it now - hopefully thigs will look even better when I play tonight.

yeah harbours would be a very useful update to this great island, you can put out containers and stuff. I also had problems with 'em oil pumps not being able to be switched on.

How and where do i put the script? or init commands to activate the oil pump? i remember actually mapfact nogova had some kind of system to get their airport radar towers to spin and stuff at start of mission. Any chance boats could be used in Dynamic missions biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Have you been playing with ECP, then it is due to not being compatible to ECP, there are problems during the spawning of units. But if you play with out a mod or with the DMA Army/Naval packs, then it could be a bug.

Nope, not using ECP or any other MOD (I am using DMA Army). I've tried it in 2 other missions and unfortunately get the same result. I do however get this error message at start up:

No entry 'Config.bin/Cfgweapons.DSL_GAU8'

Not sure it's related?

It seems that you have diesels A-10 installed somewhere that is causing problems. The Diesel A-10 is not used in the mission, and is not written in the needed addons for the mission. So its an external problem with a faulty config, that keeps the mission from running. wink_o.gif

AKD: the falkland boats look nice, I think I will use them once they get released.

ade_mcc: yes that mapfact stuff is nice, the mapfact misc is needed for scripts I think, so there wont be any more change.

Commando84: I havent made any example missions igniting the oil towers or animating the radar at the airport. It is done by the object ids, the scripts can be run anywhere, in the init for example.

Honcho, I hope you do have an opportunity to use those raider boats. They are very cool and oh so British. Maybe Col. Klink's zodiacs could be used as a placeholder (you would need at least two to carry a squad).

Also, this may just be an issue with the BLB units, but is there a way to have the Paras default to "helmets on." Just an aesthitic preference, but men jumping out of aircraft without helmets is strange. Also, I noticed that I can order 1 soldier to change his appearance, but then the "wear-n-gear" options for the other soldiers are not accessible via the orders-->actions menu. I like the random units and appearance, but it seems more appropiate for the BLB SAS units than the Paras. I wonder if there were a way via scripts to have the soldiers don helmets when they board a helicopter, or goggles when the board a vehicle. These things are really beyond my understanding. smile_o.gif

small issue: each time I rearm my squad, I lose my binoculars and have to grab them from the crate.

Yes I've also had that. Along with the annoying aspect of loosing any enemy weaponry you've picked up from the previous mission. But - small point and no big deal. thumbs-up.gif