ofp can handle 100km x 100km island without major problem smile_o.gif

with 982082 object with a good fps smile_o.gif

more than 1000000 ofp crash crazy_o.gif

EDIT:

======================================

link screenshoot scroll down for see the screenshoot smile_o.gif

======================================

http://www.3division.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5655#post5655

wow 100*100 that would actully large enough for division based battles this is cool and imaging you can actully have artillary 10km away from the front line and it wont be on the otherside of the map. Also SAMs will be super realisitic.

A 100*100 km island would be great for desert enviroments with major cities at about 20km intervals or what ever.

It would be great to make the Kuwait-Iraq basra theatre where the 2nd Iraq war started with this size becuase the Iraq coast is no more then 50km

What is your point?

We (WrpTool Dev Team) have been knowing and being able to do 102km x 102km islands for a long time now. So I'm not quite sure whats the meaning of your topic, at least it aint any news to OFP wrp/world building community.

What is your point?

We (WrpTool Dev Team) have been knowing and being able to do 102km x 102km islands for a long time now. So I'm not quite sure whats the meaning of your topic, at least it aint any news to OFP wrp/world building community.

i known it s not new to build a 102Km x 102Km island smile_o.gif

but i dont knewn that ofp can handel almost 1000000 object on a 102Km x 102Km island without problem smile_o.gif

why nobody make a island of 102Km x 102Km (it s allways 50km x 50km)? smile_o.gif

with 1000000 object everybody can make a good island smile_o.gif

i have a question how binarize a island? smile_o.gif

Because not all pc can handle it, and will prolly lag in MP aswell. And 50x50 is still quite large

Quote[/b] ]i have a question how binarize a island?

Good that you ask as many Islands out there aren't even binarized which normally should cut the Island size in half and prolly will smoothen out loading it.

Just have all addons from the pbo's you used and your island folder in the same location and use Binarize. wink_o.gif.

Such an island would also be great as a shooting range for aircraft! with 1 large military base, you could use the island for practice in all sort of warfare, you could have different settings for different parts of the armed forces!

nice! But the same question for me, how did you get 102x102?

How many objects are:

Nogova + Everon + Malden + Kolgujev + Desert Island = ?

Someone should build a big island with all 5 BIS included.

Maybe delete some objects if it's to much.

MfG Lee inlove.gif

Yes, AEC Island. Big fun, especially for CTI.

But all would be amazing.

Should be not that much work for a talented island creator.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

A 100x100 map is impossible for ofp crazy_o.gif

I sugest to wait until AA and then maybe such big desert island will be possible...

Naval battles?

Between who? There are no real battle capable ships except aircraftcarriers, but then it wouldnt be naval battle.

yes there is,philcommando made one

and we have those patrol boats which look like ships anyway

Think that is really a little bit late ....while ArmA is knocking on door soon (i hope) menawhile there are enought "unmissioned" Island ;-)

Quote[/b] ]How many objects are: Nogova + Everon + Malden + Kolgujev + Desert Island = ?

Objects number aren't the problem, textures are. OFP can have only 512 individual texture types.

Quote[/b] ]Someone should build a big island with all 5 BIS included.

When I made the AEC, Abel, Eden and Cain island with Everon, Malden and Kolgujev together, I think I had to reduce the texture amount there already. If we would be adding Nogova there it would go way over the 512 texture limit.

Of course it can be done, but the island textures would look much more plain since less texture types would be in use.

Speaking of Air Combat islands, there was topic discussing about large air combat type island but I cannot find it right now... if anyone remembers this topic, it might be helpful to throw us a link there.

what if somebody who makes the "big 5 island" would scrap the original everon , malden textures and say replcae 'em with nogova textures? Dunno how it turns out but maybe it would work? Thats something i would like to see anyways tounge2.gif

or make nogova with old textures crazy_o.gif i dunno thats a crazy idea maybe tounge2.gif

i played a cti on the aec islands and my comp went berzerk with lag after 30 minutes or so, but the mission had like tons of addons in it lagging it down and was base don a older version of mfcti. But i always love exploring new islands, even if aa comes knocking on the door i will still try out any new ofp 1.96 islands coming out smile_o.gif

i just wonder a bit if old ofp island addons will still work on AA?

Didnt they say that all addons, including islands, would be compatible/able to be ported into it?

You have to be careful with Big Islands ..... just a 51kmx51km island takes 14 minutes (real time) to fly across in a B52 ......... thats a long time to fly a plane in game, and then to be taken out by 1 SAM missile ! crazy_o.gif

Obvious much longer for land or sea transport.

BTW, a simple 51x51 was using 390Mb memory.

My addon making plans include a proper east and west navy.

Something like for each side; 1 AC, 1 Battleship, 1 Missile Destroyer, 1 Missile Frigate, 1 Fast Frigate, 1 large Patrol Boat and 1 sub.

While they may not be pretty to look at, I intend them to be quite functional, but not in the individual salior/soldier sence, more in the "command a small fleet" sence.

That way you dont have to worry so much about the OFP limitations like decks you fall through and missile batteries that are held to the ship via scripts.

And yes, and the addon list includes a 25kmx25km "island" with low land mass.

A 100kmx100km "island" only sounds useful for an "Air War" mission using F-18s and Mig25s with full afterburners on tounge2.gif hehe

Sounds like the old board game battleship is coming to flashpoint..

F6 OMG you sunk my carrier !!!

ah sweet memories

haha biggrin_o.gif yeh that was a nice game,i played it too,but in internet. wink_o.gif

100x100 km island would be useful for artillery addons,nukes and big battles.but lag is the worst problem.it would be a slideshow really (1fps or 0).

For running it at normal speed you would need a super computer.

but hey,wheres your enthusiasm.You can take many pics biggrin_o.gif

So, while we dream of 102x102 km islands, let's talk about the 51 km ones. Are there any out there that aren't just scratch islands made for fun? (EDIT: I'm aware of the "PMC Euro" island.)

Heck, we need more 25x25 islands too and not just ones with a small island in the middle (like Tonal...which is waaaay too small biggrin_o.gif )

Yeah...larger islands and bridges the AI:s can actually drive across with more success. The Nogova bridge is a good example of how NOT EVER to model a bridge...(think: AI:s love lamp posts)

hahaha yeah many cti's with vehicles and convoy's driving up those lamp posts crazy_o.giftounge2.gif maybe if the bridge would have been a little little bit wider. smile_o.gif