Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

VTE open beta 09-13-05

I think we should hear both sides of the story before calling this a leak or a disrespect.

I believe his motives were correct, in trying to get interest in the mod. But, he shoulld get the permission of other members first, if that is the case.

Para @ Sep. 15 2005,14:09)]This release of VTE is unsanctioned by Vietnam: The Experience mod members. It is an embarrassment to all concerned.

Para

VTE mod member & self confessed "Nam Freak".

I express my regret too.

As reading your statement, I think we should remove the d/l mirror from our german OFP site ofpc.de

We didn't know that the release was not authorized by the team.

Sorry about that.

In future, when the mod will be released officially, you are welcome to get a mirror again!

As longs as we cannot be sure that the VTE Team agrees to that release we will keep that mirror on halt.

greez

Clausewitz

Well its i say its a leak.. anyways nearly 1000 people or more probely have it now so... lets just hope it doesnt happen again.. so much work from someone released by a nam freak as i seen it wink_o.gif

No more discussion about whether it was a leak or not or who should apologize to who for what. It's none of your concern - its a team matter. Let them handle it.

If anyone feels like chatting about this, don't do it here.

Quote[/b] ]No MIG-21?

There is MiG-21, but its not on the screenshot.

Quote[/b] ]Stallion should be green

Yes we have that, I did choose the wrong color for the screenshot.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry if I  was a pain in  the neck

Nope PEPE, those were good suggestions. I have written them down and will definitely go through them in time. Thanks for posting them and even finding the links, much appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]The C-47 Skytrain, the pilot is standing up.

Yeah it seems to be somewhat strange. Also I think when the pilot ejects, he dont get parachute open and just plumets to the ground. I'll look into this.

Quote[/b] ]on Ilo ilo, theres a big white square (missing texture).

Thanks for reporting this, when I read it I actually recalled seeing it long time ago in development, yet for unknown reasons it never got fixed.

Its fixed now.

Quote[/b] ]the B52 is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too small.

Okay, I didn't check its measurements since it feels quite big already. But will do so now. Thanks for letting us know.

Quote[/b] ]I keep getting p3d errors everytime I use the editor or try a mission.

There must be something wrong in your installation/mod directory. Use only the VTE stuff with the VTE required addons, it should work fine.

Quote[/b] ]The missions are worthless in a lot of cases.

Most of them are shit.

Okay, as I stated previously, I will not comment one way or the other for the mission quality made by others (and gee whiz not my own either).

Quote[/b] ]aeroplanes start a mission with their gear down

Yeah noticed this too, we'll try to fix this is possible.

Quote[/b] ]There were other things like CTDs which need fixing also.

Must be related to your missing p3d (Magic) errors.

Quote[/b] ]ARVN guys are placeholders for now?

I'm definitely hoping to get some improved models to replace them, yep.

Thanks for feedback, regards,

VTE Founder and Leader

Snake Man, PMC.

Fixing the mission problem is simple. Bin all the crap ones. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that a few good ones is better than a bundle of average to poor ones.

Jeez, you didn't even include mine which is better than 90% of those.

A few things:

First, I read Para's post, and immediately went to download the mod to see the readme.

Para's post is really only partially comprehensible without reading the "History" section of the readme, wherein S.M. states unequivocally that Para is no longer a member of the mod. S.M. also accuses Para of "leaking" models, and makes certain disparaging comments about his character.

Now, I can't comment on the veracity of either party's claims, but I can certainly say that here is not the place for such disputes. I'll further agree with Para that a readme file is no place to make accusations or criticisms of the character of present and former collaborators. I don't care about those dirty details, and you only make problems for yourself by putting them in the file everyone's supposed to read.

Also, about credits: yes, this is a huge(300+ MB! ) mod, but I disagree that it's too much work to personally acknowledge each and every contributor. You need their permission to release such a mod, and if you can list every object in there, you can try to indicate its provenance. Besides, as this is a public beta, those "overlooked" could contact the team and clear it up.

Speaking of which, the Mk77 Napalm and CoC_Willypete (which is in fact the WP igniters for the napalm, and not WP bombs or grenades) were part of an experimental project and never achieved the level where we were comfortable even passing to beta phase.

lmao.. just copy and paste then into your ofp folder smile_o.gif

Dudududuuududududuuu Wooly Bully biggrin_o.gifrofl.gif

I remember putting that song into my Leningrad Island, lol indeed after seeing Full Metal Jacket. But I must say the Snake Man did a really nice job alone! smile_o.gif

The mod/addon pack is great. It gave me quite an intrest in the Vietnam war notworthy.gif I have played around with the mod a few days and found some bugs:

- NVA Rifleman 6 gives a CTD

- VC Engineer 3 and Viet Minh Rifleman have Mp40s and some 7.62mm mags witch don't work together in the game nor in real life

- RPG2 has the model of an RPG7. SebNam 2 had a different model for RPG2 and there's also the ORCS RPG Pack wich has one.

- Enfield nr4 rate of fire is too fast

- M1 Carbine Mag capacity is 30 rounds

- A6 Intruder looks textureless from a far

- When firing a weapon on the F4 (USAF ARM) I get: "Script \Vte_air\script\bluscript.sqs not found

And the napalm on that paricular plane explodes like an ordinary bomb

- There are two T-34/85s, one of them looks like T-55

- When using the VTE Ia Drang Valley I get a CTD after about Ëmin

The mod lacks standardization: There are two different DsHKs useing different ammo and sound. Same goes for M2 (on vehicles and on tripods), 3 (at least visually) different napalms

and probably some more odd difrences.

Otherwise it's a very enjoyable mod. Good work!

PS: Could you make it more ECP compatible (explosion effects).

Could somebody please upload somewhere the VTE_objects pbo? As my download was corrupted, even after two repeated attemps. Otherwise, great mod! Loving the new planes yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Jeez, you didn't even include mine which is better than 90% of those.

So where can I find and download this mission?

Quote[/b] ]I disagree that it's too much work to personally acknowledge each and every contributor.

as this is a public beta, those "overlooked" could contact the team and clear it up.

Yes so everyone is welcome to post here if their addon was used.

Of course I know most of the addon makers, but in all fairness its easier to say "VTE Credits ALL" than to list him, her but NOT YOU (by not knowing/mistake I mean). I dont know about rest of you, but this is how I see its done fairly.

But yeah, I'll add the credits list into the next readme to the best of my ability. All complaints from people who did not get credits I forward to you Dinger smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the Mk77 Napalm and CoC_Willypete (which is in fact the WP igniters for the napalm, and not WP bombs or grenades) were part of an experimental project and never achieved the level where we were comfortable even passing to beta phase.

This is SO old piece of addon which came to me from the range of FW200 - SelectThis - NPAM people. I never had any information relating that this is beta or so, it was passed to me as "here, napalm, have fun.".

Private Message me on further details or contact me through Bn880, or finally come to talk to me directly on your IRC channel, as you know I'm always there.

Quote[/b] ]I must say the Snake Man did a really nice job alone!

If you mean that I did this VTE release alone, it could not be further from the truth. I did not make this release alone, I had lot of people helping me!

Quote[/b] ]I have played around with the mod a few days and found some bugs:

Thank you ESFD, good bug reporting and I'll assure you these issues will be checked out and fixed to the best of our ability. Meaning, for example 30rd mag versus real life size would mean we most likely still use the JAM 30rd instead real life size etc.

Quote[/b] ]As my download was corrupted, even after two repeated attemps.

Where did you download? Did you try two different hosts?

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming, all of it is much welcome and appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]As my download was corrupted, even after two repeated attemps.

Where did you download? Did you try two different hosts?

I tried both places that were given on the simple site you set up (thats not criticising) could anyone upload just the objects pbo for me to get?

The daisy cutter bomb dropped by the Mc-130 flies in the air and doesnt explode. Certain guns use incorrect ammo/mag types eg. Enfield with 5 round 7.62x54mm instead of the real 10 round .303, or the Mas-36 SMG with an AK mag. I noticed recently in RHS t-55 pack that they have some nice looking NVA t55s. They'd be cool n this mod. So would INQ's M60A1.

Thanks Sim.

I got that Daisy Cutter to work when I aimed it at the ground by about 40 degrees. I couldn't get it to work when I dropped it whilst flying level. Plus when it exploded it killed me too. Very annoying.

Help !

I've downloaded this mod and wanted to play but OFP tells me on launch:

Quote[/b] ]Picture ofplogo1.paa not found

Then I CTD... What might I've done wrong ?

Quote[/b] ]The daisy cutter bomb dropped by the Mc-130 flies in the air and doesnt explode.

Thanks for letting us know, this is being worked now. So far it works better than before but its not perfect yet, I need to get some weapon delivery system worked on for the MC-130.

Quote[/b] ]Mas-36 SMG with an AK mag.

I see no error on the MAS36?

Quote[/b] ]RHS t-55 pack that they have some nice looking NVA t55s. They'd be cool n this mod. So would INQ's M60A1.

Aren't both of these quite heavy on the CPU?

Quote[/b] ]OFP tells me on launch: Picture ofplogo1.paa not found Then I CTD... What might I've done wrong ?

No idea about that error. Can you describe how did you install VTE?

Quote[/b] ]Quote

RHS t-55 pack that they have some nice looking NVA t55s. They'd be cool n this mod. So would INQ's M60A1.

Aren't both of these quite heavy on the CPU?

I dont think so at all. Using BIS models though is kinda crazy_o.gif at this stage of the game.

On that note, CSLA has a great PT-76 as well...instead of using a BIS russian bmp.

Oh, I finally managed to get it working. The problem was with the installer for sky textures, which seems to have corrupted the pbo...

Anyway, found a workaround and it plays. But, my comp kinda sucks, so it plays more like a slideshow biggrin_o.gif

Have A prob with the VTE campaign about third Mission (`1969 i think)

the mission won't end after the attacks on Plei mei pitter out...

How do I end it (do I need to hunt down Broken Squads of VC etc)

I'll find out the mission name asaP if that helps

I'm re-evaluating using the INQ M60, M113 and the PT-76's etc as most of the people seem to think they would be nice addition to VTE.

Quote[/b] ]But, my comp kinda sucks, so it plays more like a slideshow

I recommend you try the Vietnam 12km island first, its kind of lag free compared to the "high tech" new islands. What kind of computer hardware you got?

Also I recommend use viewdistance like 900m or less, it might help.

Quote[/b] ]VTE campaign about third Mission (`1969 i think) the mission won't end

This mission has already been fixed, will be included in the first patch.

Two images by dabitup using VTE

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/4427/ch538mu.jpg

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/4030/ch53w4iz.jpg