Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

SEF_CH53

The rapel is just perfect, you can even look around, looks really great, well done animation, i have just seen the credits wink_o.gif .

my only complaint is the same as the beta i had...

2048 sized textures?! crazy_o.gif

u loose 5-10 fps per helo.

if u reduced those textures to half thier current size u would still have great resolution and the pbo wouldnt be nearly 70 megs

found a tiny bug...

a missing texture on the thing between the landing gears (wheels) on the rear landing gears...

seams to be on all versions.

You sure? I havent found anything like that and ive taken an exagerated look all around them confused_o.gif .

yes, im positive....

might not be on al models, but its missing on the crashed MH53E and also on the normal MH53E.

I think FK has been bending over backwards to make these releases for you guys. smile_o.gif

Yes no doubt,4 releases in 2 days? Man I bet that took alot of quick work,great job FK I respect ya man!

Bugs:

-Small Helicopter (Showed you a pic of it already)

-Squad Leader keeps telling us to get in/target blackhawk instead of chopper

-CH-53 tends to run away instead of fight when it starts to take fire

-While transporting a Humvee when the CH-53 comes to a stop both vehicles explode (only tested this over a mountain and when in the same group)

-Sometimes when the pilot bails out he gets killed by falling out of his shoot or because he hits the helicopter as he jumps (may not be solveable)

Bugs:

-Small Helicopter (Showed you a pic of it already)

-Squad Leader keeps telling us to get in/target blackhawk instead of chopper

-CH-53 tends to run away instead of fight when it starts to take fire

-While transporting a Humvee when the CH-53 comes to a stop both vehicles explode (only tested this over a mountain and when in the same group)

-Sometimes when the pilot bails out he gets killed by falling out of his shoot or because he hits the helicopter as he jumps (may not be solveable)

all helicopters armed with a pintle mounted weapon or no weapon tend to run away.

the same thing with the pilot jumping out the plane in fact if jumping between 10 and 50 meters the parachute doesn't deploy fully and you DIE

by fixing "taget chopper" instead of "taget blackhawk" that's a config thing i believe i havn't seen the config but i think the ch53 config would have been based on the uh60

Yeah, the blackhawk calling instead of chopper was the first thing i noticed, i also noticed that if you place a chopper in the editor already flying the rotorwash/dust wont work, one time after i disembarked and the engine turned off the rotor dust was still coming up and at night the front lights dont seem to be aligned with the model, these were all i could find so far, please dont kill me has i am only reporting these in case FK plans an update sometime in the future goodnight.gif .

These were well worth the waiting, i will love them forever, great helos yay.gif .

Quote[/b] ]all helicopters armed with a pintle mounted weapon or no weapon tend to run away.

the same thing with the pilot jumping out the plane in fact if jumping between 10 and 50 meters the parachute doesn't deploy fully and you DIE

Blackhawks and Chinooks don't always run I have had them return fire.

I was higher than 50m I think I jumped out and then I hit the side of the Ch-53 so it took away my chute thinking that I landed and then I fell to my death.

1000 thank`s for this and the other USMC addons you released. thumbs-up.gif Very good work on addons that i want to have since a long time ago. notworthy.gif Please keep up the work on USMC addons.Thank you. smile_o.gif

I was higher than 50m I think I jumped out and then I hit the side of the Ch-53 so it took away my chute thinking that I landed and then I fell to my death.

MG armed helicopters will run away when under fire, even if its just a PK machinegunner, the a.i. will not jeoperdise their birds because the a.i. is too acurate when firing at them.

I havent tried to jump out of them yet but regarding the chutes i see it has a realistic feature and i hope BIS will remove all parachutes from helicopter pilots in ARMA tounge2.gif .

edit: You can make them atack ground targets CAS style with a simple search and destroy waypoint behaviour set to combat, its not their role but its just impressive to see these birds circling around a hot AO when your down there, this is just too cool to be true notworthy.gif .

Man I love these addons, especially the pave lows, I've been wanting them in ofp for ages, and this ones are excellent.

The only problems I've found are that if you tell the pilot to transport and the time passes, you won't be able to select transport again. Also if you do, bu there is nothing to transport, you can't tell it to abort. Also the rappeling animation could be faster, it is fastrope after all, I think the Bas blackhawks got the fastrope pretty well.

Man I love these addons, especially the pave lows, I've been wanting them in ofp for ages, and this ones are excellent.

The only problems I've found are that if you tell the pilot to transport and the time passes, you won't be able to select transport again. Also if you do, bu there is nothing to transport, you can't tell it to abort. Also the rappeling animation could be faster, it is fastrope after all, I think the Bas blackhawks got the fastrope pretty well.

Its rappeling, not fast roping, the two are actualy very diferent has you can see by the anims smile_o.gif .

After some testing of this helicopter, I think it really looks amazing. The general model and textures are done very nicely, and the features it has are very nicely done. There are a few things that bug me, though:

- It handles like a pig! (although that may or may not be realistic, I'm no CH-53 expert. wink_o.gif )

- Functions such as transporting a load or rappeling do not give you a prompt that they've been initialized. Slinging a load seems to only work once.

- Rappeling seems to only function for humans (pardon me if theres a way to make the AI use it.)

- AI pilots sometimes get themselves killed flying this, for example I rappeled out but the rest of my squad stayed in; I told one of them to disembark, the helicopter flew back to where he got on and landed at a awkward angle, with way too much speed - I think somebody pulled the pin on their grenade and tried to put it back in.

Those are mostly the key things that bug me about this helicopter. The key thing is that we now have a naval/marine helicopter now, dedicated from the start, so for that it's a very amazing piece of work. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]all helicopters armed with a pintle mounted weapon or no weapon tend to run away.

You can fix this by setting the helicopter settings to a high AI status and then setting their behaviour waypoints, not as SEEK AND DESTROY, but GUARD. When they are fired upon, they will fly in circles and try to engage whoever is firing upon them.

This is how I managed to create a quick dirty mission of resistance fighters defending a Marine seaborne invasion by US forces.

Fun but extremely frustrating mission to play. crazy_o.gif

@franze the way to get the ai units to rappel down is to select one at a time hit 6 for action and then press 1 for rappel down wink_o.gif

@franze the way to get the ai units to rappel down is to select one at a time hit 6 for action and then press 1 for rappel down  wink_o.gif

Roj, thanks much. smile_o.gif

so long awaited and finally it's here!

so i will give a try to fly hard, especialy Pave Lows smile_o.gif

what we would do FK, without you?

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

hmm I had a look at these forums today and saw 3 fk addon packs released. Holy crap well done that is a hell of alot of work to do.

the marines have finally arrived in style biggrin_o.gif

FK i thank you and my marines invading tonal thank you

yay.gif

notworthy.gif

is an av8 on the way?? crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

christmas was early this year, time to start working some marine style missions soon. Wonder if FK will have any marine soldiers waiting around the corner?

is an av8 on the way??  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

christmas was early this year, time to start working some marine style missions soon. Wonder if  FK will have any marine soldiers waiting around the corner?

There are some av8 pics on the semper fie work in progress thread in the addon and mod discussion thread it also comes with a kick ass harrier pilot

here is the news post of theharrier pilot,

the harriers and the thread

em... i found bugs...

they look like eye candy, but:

1) handling is very tough, i think you should remove that slow cow flying effect

2) correct ingame helicopters names, in editor they are correct...

3) i tryed to hook something... like your hummers, lavs... but i couldn't do it... and don't know why... maybe this feature doesn't work?

now... it was great to see that CH-53D has 2 engines and CH-53E/Sea Stallion has 3 engines... smile_o.gif i though you will forget this one... but when i checked i was amused, you realy know what you are doing...

about that cow flight... Stallions are big helis, well not so huge like Mi-26, but still, they are big... and why they can't fly like cows...

well, simple answer, engines...

CH-53D engines are and should be the weakest, when Pave Lows has new engines... CH-53E and Sea Stallions has 3 engines...

so CH-53D should be a bit harder to control comparing to 3 engines versions... and Pave Lows should be controled easyer than CH-53E, because they are similar to the CH-53D but with brand new engines, hydraulics and avionics...

So it's up to you, but i hope we will see fixed version soon...

Good Luck!!!