Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

SEF_LAV

nah I mean, I had a LAV which moved like an LAV, not like a tank...

Will that be fixed in future Versions Fischkopp?

@SgtEversman

Quote[/b] ]BTW: It is a tank class vehicle. That means it move like a tank. It is a engine limitation. The LAV-25 would be possible as car class vehicle but LAV-AD, LAV-AT and LAV-M would be impossible as car class. Cos of unitary i kept tank class for all.

... Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil ... biggrin_o.gif

so ... goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]nah I mean, I had a LAV which moved like an LAV, not like a tank...

Like Wa_Va_Voom that was Wilco's reskin of Sigma 6's LAV-25 that moved like a car seeing as it was configed in the car class. FK has already explained why he made his LAVs tank class instead of car class: because of the limitation of ther being no proper optic views on car-class weapon stations i.e no proper zooming and the gunner must be at the same height as the weapon so he can aim it; if you look at his HMMWV with the CROWS system fitted you'll see that it has no optics because the player is below the level of the weapon and human gunners can only traverse the gun a full 360 degrees in the third person view. On car class vehicles there is also no possibility of a commander's turret either, which would make it extremely difficult for players to act as the commander on these vehicles since they couldn't be able to have full 360 degree coverage in the pilot view.

The only possible solution I see to all this is if someone figures out how to put turrets on land vehicles in a similar fasion to how Col. Klink did on his PT boats. Then FK could have the turret and hull as separate vehicles (the turret being armour class, similar to Marfy's ZSU-23-2) allowing for zooming optics, missiles, commander turrets etc all to be placed on a car.

Eh, nvm, way too many models there to convert icon_rolleyes.gif I'm not up to it. Anyways yes we all know the limitations but thats still stupid, I would rather have it classed as a car like it should be than have working optics, and also, the commander's turret doesn't need to rotate.

Quote[/b] ]

I would rather have it classed as a car like it should be than have working optics

That's what I thought when I made a BRDM-2. Thank goodness that was a OPFOR vehicle... Trying to shoot those guns and hit a target from internal or external was a real PITA! rofl.gif

Eh, nvm, way too many models there to convert  icon_rolleyes.gif  I'm not up to it. Anyways yes we all know the limitations but thats still stupid, I would rather have it classed as a car like it should be than have working optics, and also, the commander's turret doesn't need to rotate.

You can try and grab sigmas LAV, its a great looking addon too with openable doors and sounds/textures from vitapc, classed has a car the way you like it too, its not like you dont have an alternative out there wink_o.gif . I personaly prefer working optics and TOW missiles over perfectly animated front wheels. One thing i found a bit too powerfull with SEF's were the tows though, can one hit really take out a T80 tank confused_o.gif .

Eh, nvm, way too many models there to convert  icon_rolleyes.gif  I'm not up to it. Anyways yes we all know the limitations but thats still stupid, I would rather have it classed as a car like it should be than have working optics, and also, the commander's turret doesn't need to rotate.

You can try and grab sigmas LAV, its a great looking addon too with openable doors and sounds/textures from vitapc, classed has a car the way you like it too, its not like you dont have an alternative out there wink_o.gif . I personaly prefer working optics and TOW missiles over perfectly animated front wheels. One thing i found a bit too powerfull with SEF's were the tows though, can one hit really take out a T80 tank confused_o.gif .

Its not just the animated front wheels, its a bunch of other things. Also, BOH was able to make wheeled ACP's PERFECTLY, I don't see why you couldn't...

Its not just the animated front wheels, its a bunch of other things. Also, BOH was able to make wheeled ACP's PERFECTLY, I don't see why you couldn't...

how are FischKopp's wheels not perfect? huh.gif

Guys chill. He made a design decision based on what he could and couldn't do. He's largely working by himself - if you don't like it and you have a better idea how about you team up with him and help make them better? Ideas are like assholes - everyone has one but almost nobody knows what to do with them.

Think about that. wink_o.gif

personaly, i dont give a damn if its based on car or tank class, i'd rather have gunner optics than realistic steering, in fact, no optics is very unrealistic, congratutations for your wonderful releases, great work smile_o.gif

p.s: my only gripe is the arty optics, half the time the FOV is blocked by the LAV itself.

i belive FDF and CSLA has optics on their wheeled APC´s..

however, those APC´s only have MG´s....

so it doesnt seem to be impossible to use gunner optics on a wheeled APC...

Car class or not, it's still a nice APC class vehicle. I don't think the world is going to end just because the wheels don't turn or the wheels dont go flat when you shoot them.

@SgtEversman
Quote[/b] ]BTW: It is a tank class vehicle. That means it move like a tank. It is a engine limitation. The LAV-25 would be possible as car class vehicle but LAV-AD, LAV-AT and LAV-M would be impossible as car class. Cos of unitary i kept tank class for all.

... Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil ... biggrin_o.gif

so ... goodnight.gif

sorry Fischkopp, übersehen whistle.gif

Nice work, I like your stuff smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

apparently the TOW can take out any tank in the world

Tow is a much large missile in size compaired to the hellfire, also wire guided. Limitation is you have to be stationalry to lauch a TOW while a Hellfire is fire and forget. Tow carries larger payload. oddly enough the Javalin is more destructive against hard targets than tow and hellfire missiles having gotten to destroy targets with all three missile systems. Hellfire was better sutied for aircract granting the the ability to use terain as cover to seak enage and destroy targes. The AH-1s main problem is having to hold postion to guide TOW to its target, most main battle tanks can aquire and engae quicker with the main gun against moving and staitionary targets eaasilly and faster than a slow moving guilded missle. Hellfire allows a platform to hide behind a hill and launch over it and destroy your target safely without exposing yourself to enemy fire.

Tow is a much large missile in size compaired to the hellfire, also wire guided.  Limitation is you have to be stationalry to lauch a TOW while a Hellfire is fire and forget.  Tow carries larger payload. oddly enough the Javalin is more destructive against hard targets than tow and hellfire missiles having gotten to destroy targets with all three missile systems.  Hellfire was better sutied for aircract granting the the ability to use terain as cover to seak enage and destroy targes.  The AH-1s main problem is having to hold postion to guide TOW to its target, most main battle tanks can aquire and engae quicker with the main gun against moving and staitionary targets eaasilly and faster than a slow moving guilded missle.    Hellfire allows a platform to hide behind a hill and launch over it and destroy your target safely without exposing yourself to enemy fire.

Only longbow hellfires are fire and forget, hellfires and hellfire II's are still laser guided. And Hellfish6, I said I would make a new version of these classed as cars, but it would take a while since there are a lot of models....

Car class or not, it's still a nice APC class vehicle. I don't think the world is going to end just because the wheels don't turn or the wheels dont go flat when you shoot them.

Wouldn't the wheels be solid rubber anyway? Rather than full of air.

Only thing I'd like is if they stood still when they come to a halt.

I had the AI drive a few around and they spin on the spot quite a bit.

P.S are there any scripts that would be good for using the mortars for indirect fire support?

Quote[/b] ]Tow is a much large missile in size compaired to the hellfire

Sorry, have to disagree.  Having hefted TOW around during my attachment to the AAC (the basic fitness test for ALL ranks includes lugging one around between 2 handlers...) I can vouch it weighs around 60lbs.  The AGM114A is around 100 lbs, later versions add about 7-8 lbs

(edited for typo.. huh.gif ).

Wouldn't the wheels be solid rubber anyway?  Rather than full of air.

Only thing I'd like is if they stood still when they come to a halt.

I had the AI drive a few around and they spin on the spot quite a bit.

P.S are there any scripts that would be good for using the mortars for indirect fire support?

No adds to much wieght among other problems, if one got ripped in half during combat it would be easier to change tracks on a tank/apc than change a solid rubber tire that size crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Yes have this problem with crazy AI. Also see LAVs float on the ground?

@FischKopp is there any plan to make LAV-M CoC- UA compatible or any other sort of system? BTW these are great.

wow they look so great the model is really nice, its a shame to see them dance arround like AI driven tanks allways do on roads! When they hit something, and the rest doenst know what todo! Ill just use em as static vehicles, because the humvees are great! If you are still going todo something on them maybee make the tyres a bit like these I mean more dirt and not so shiny. The desert camo variants look a bit strange with nice and shiny tyres in the middle of a sandstorm! wink_o.gif

The cannon sound is nice! Pop Pop Pop Pop

And are there also communication vehicles based on this vehicle? confused_o.gif

Wilcos LAV doesn't drive like a Tank and has Optics...I don't see the problem why not the same physics for this one?! huh.gif