Sign in to follow this  
Jimpy

News from  the "Northern Ireland mod"

If you mean the "Confindetial Telephone" bit it will be included but only as a hidden selection, as it was introduced after the mods time period.

If you mean things like Vehicle numbers, they will hopefully be random.

Hope thats what you mean, if not Pm with what you mean and I'll add it.

smile_o.gif

Your voice replacement sounds excellent! I would help but i'm under 18 and I don't have a mic... sad_o.gif

Dear Community

To All who have noticed our website/forums/host has taken a turn for the worst, and will be down until further notice.

We are not sure what the problem is, nor how long it will take to be fixed.

Any questions,feel free to let me know.

We are also gathering a small selection of news items to show in a few days or so.

Stay tuned smile_o.gif

Smiley smile_o.gif

so what news on this now?

Also if needed I'd like to volunteer for voice work. I'm as Irish as Irish comes, and apparently I do good accents too.....

Regarding why the website is down for people wanting to know, the server which currently houses nimod.co.uk is currently bust (as far as i know, i cant currently raise the owner a personal friend, but from another friend who is in contact with him gave me this info), he is trying to get his website, and the mods back up smile_o.gif

whereas im lucky tounge2.gif im on an entirely different server al lto myself wink_o.gif

Wildo

Hello there c_jay_ie

We have had a large downtime over the past 2 months, due to server hosting problems from our suppler. This has now been sorted and we are setting up a few things before we go "public" again.

It wont be long, but for now we are out of the spot light until things are all back up and running again.

Thanks for showing interest, watch this space wink_o.gif

Smiley smile_o.gif

Progress Report

We have some bad news and some good news.

"The bad news follows as this"

Smiley_Nick has decided to hand in his notice as project manager, he will no longer take a actice part in the running of the mod"

Smiley joined not long after the mod was founded as the projects island maker, he worked his way from there to become joint project leader of the mod. With out him the mod would have died long ago, he has brought us new members, brilliant ideas, stunning islands and has found us Webhosts and managed our forums.

As he said "This isn't the end, just the end of a chapter"

He has handed control back to myself and Jimpy and we will continue the project from where he left off.

Now onto the good news.

The good news is that the website is almost finished, it just needs a few more things and it will be ready, also the Forums are now ready for public viewing, this is where most of our WIP work will be posted.

The new forum address is :http://www.the-troubles.co.uk/forum/

Feel free to ask questions and we will try our best to answer them.

The team.

Oh well, I'm sure you chaps will do a great job (as you have already done).

Can't wait for a release (but, still no pressure)

A small update showing pictures of two vehicles.

Daimler Ferret

The Ferret has seen service in the British Army since 1954.

It is a four wheel drive armoured car with a two man crew, a driver and commander/gunner.The armour is very light but it has fairly good off road mobility.

NIM-Fer1copy.jpg

NIM-Fer2copy.jpg

Humber "Pig"

The events in Northern Ireland had renewed the "Pig's" service career.

In 1972 it was discovered that High velocity armour-peircing rounds were

in the hands of Paramilitary Groups in Ulster.

In response to this all 500-odd "Pigs" in use in Northern Ireland were returned

to various Royal Ordinace factories in the UK for additional armour plating to

be fitted(Operation Bracelet). Suspension was also modified to take the extra weight

and various vision ports were updated and CS/Smoke canister dischargers were added to the roof.

NIM-Pig1copy.jpg

NIM-Pig2copy.jpg

The varient of "Pig" shown was Nick named "Flying Pig" due to the large folding mesh riot screens.

I know the mod has shown lots of grey untextured models before, but these are in the process of being textured.

Really nice. I hope that ArmA will feature better urban combat and that you guys will also work on addons for ArmA when it's released. I really like the various unique vehicles used in the NI conflict.

yay a ferret i love u guys dont suppose as a side project one of the days u'd make a turretless one with a bren or 1919a4?? cause that would be awsome

A turretless one with a 1919a4 is being made and will be included in the mod. wink_o.gif

Bit ( tounge2.gif ) before my NI duty but so looking forward to playing with this mod.

Keep up the good work lads, looking absolutely smashing!

Nice lookin vehciles. Especially like the look of the Humber. Keep up the good work mate. thumbs-up.gif

Hmm, I haven't heard anything from this mod for a long time. And the website isn't available.

Is this mod still alive? Because the topic of this mod was very interesthing. I hope to hear that you are still alive and have made a good progress smile_o.gif

Hi #FoX.Flyer

The NIMOD has disestablished, I made a very hard decision to leave the mod from the project manager position about 6 months ago, leaving it in the hands of Sniperuk, however i belive it took a turn for the worst.

Which was a shame, as i was quite confident it would carry on, as its had a long transition from day one, and the fact we had a core team working very hard on their projects.

Not all was lost, as we released the Dynamic weather pack, and a lot of members improved their modeling and texturing skills, and hopefully that will have a impact when Arm A comes out.

As for the future for NIMOD, im not sure, you will have to ask SniperUK, but i can see Arm A offering us more options to play with as from the experience i had while running the mod, the majority of time was spent trying to figure out work arounds, and new concepts that "was" possible in ofp, however due to the limited time and members it was a slow slog, but all these workarounds where a very important part and aspect of the mod to capture the feel of the conflict.

So i am hoping Arm A will offer more, and possibly there might be a rebirth of the NIMOD, but dont quote me on that.

Nick

Well, I thank you very much for your answer!

And I hope for the best with the release of ArmA