Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

A4- Skyhawk re-release Public Beta

Great work, Col. I love the tailhook scripting. I'm not sure if you'd call this a bug, or just a necessary or unavoidable part of the script, but with engines off and no forward velocity, lowering the tailhook "drags" you back a couple of feet. Perhaps a check could be made to make sure both forward movement exists as well as the plane being on deck before the scripting is called.

1) Repeating the request for pilot-controlled canopy.

2) Any chance you will increase the field of view, esp upward, when in first-person view?

Great work, Col. I love the tailhook scripting. I'm not sure if you'd call this a bug, or just a necessary or unavoidable part of the script, but with engines off and no forward velocity, lowering the tailhook "drags" you back a couple of feet. Perhaps a check could be made to make sure both forward movement exists as well as the plane being on deck before the scripting is called.

1) Repeating the request for pilot-controlled canopy.

2) Any chance you will increase the field of view, esp upward, when in first-person view?

Tail hook. This wil be easy to fix

User controlled canopy. Yep NP

Field of view. Will check this out

Fantastic Release Klink!!! notworthy.gif

Klink: I need your permission to modify the colors of the design with those of my country. Yes? whistle.gif

PS:The modification is not for mod, single to personal way. wink_o.gif

This looks brilliant! Gonna try it out as soon as my internet connections stops being a plank.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: Just tried it out. Great model, textures, weapons, and stall flashy lighty thing. biggrin_o.gif

Only problems are little error that flashes when you eject, and twitchy controls using a joystick. Footmuch's latest planes (Su27, F14, etc) are great examples of planes in Flashpoint tweaked for joysticks.  wink_o.gif

One bug: Missing sound file when ejecting, but other then that its great, and dive bombing with the Mk82's works really well. notworthy.gif

Wow, I love the canopy jettison. Was really cool when I stalled whilst flying in third person, and was forced to eject, the canopy flew right into my face tounge2.gif

Top work, klink. Like always notworthy.gif

Fantastic. I'm so glad that this plane is getting an update, I loved flying this in the old days and recreating Top-Gun.. don't suppose there's any chance of an Agressor skin?

(Just asking whistle.gif )

Looking forward to the next update. Great stuff.

agressor.JPG

Fantastic Release Klink!!! notworthy.gif

Klink: I need your permission to modify the colors of the design with those of my country. Yes?   whistle.gif

PS:The modification is not for mod, single to personal way.  wink_o.gif

I dont have a problem with that, however if you'd like to wait for the next release there has been a number of additional features added that affect the model itself.

I get the missing windblast message when ejecting also... other than that best plane addon in OFP looks fantastic!!!

Fantastic. I'm so glad that this plane is getting an update, I loved flying this in the old days and recreating Top-Gun.. don't suppose there's any chance of an Agressor skin?

(Just asking  whistle.gif )

Looking forward to the next update. Great stuff.

agressor.JPG

__

| Highway to the danger zone !!!!!!!! |

whistle.gif / -------------------------------------

I get the missing windblast message when ejecting also... other than that best plane addon in OFP looks fantastic!!!

Yeah sorry about that. The problem has arisen that the ejection seat routines have been added from the Flk A4 addon and some references weren't updated. My fault entirely:

*Klink needs 30 days in the cooler!!!

The agrressor skin looks simple enuff. I might do a version of the A4 and put it under the East side.

On that note I've had the current US Navy and the Flk Argentinian versions locked in aerial combat... and lost smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Superb addon! thumbs-up.gif

*Klink needs 30 days in the cooler!!!

No, no, no you need 30 days of hot sun for that great airplane i love it since day one. Hope that you fix it good! rofl.gif

As noted by other uses i have been recieving the missing audio file error message but apart from that small indescrepancy, the addon as a whole is absolutly excellent and well worth the download. Well done. Vietnam colours would be an excellent idea, and i was most surprised and overjoyed by the "dud" MK 82 Bomb feature as well as the canopy splitting from the main body of the aircraft on ejection, each of these makes this addon more and more exciting to fly.  smile_o.gif

As noted by other uses i have been recieving the missing audio file error message but apart from that small indescrepancy, the addon as a whole is absolutly excellent and well worth the download. Well done. Vietnam colours would be an excellent idea, and i was most surprised and overjoyed by the "dud" MK 82 Bomb feature as well as the canopy splitting from the main body of the aircraft on ejection, each of these makes this addon more and more exciting to fly.  smile_o.gif

The two versions I'm currently working on are Vietnam era. From what I gather the Navy versions were as skinned. I'm not sure of the skins for the USAF or Marine ones at this stage as my concentration has been the Navy ones.

Here's a mockup of the USS Intrepid version currently being done (ignore the 300/400 marking error - this has been fixed smile_o.gif

a4intrepid.jpg

Expect public beta by weekend... possibly smile_o.gif

Expect public beta by weekend... possibly smile_o.gif

Possibly? Possibly is not a direct and acceptable answer, you shall have the Public Beta ready for downloading this weekend, you shall. Now, don't make me watch you like a hawk over your work. *Produces truncheon*

*Homer Simpson mode: Hmmmmm... truncheons! smile_o.gif

Well the Public Beta is ready now really, but with two packs sharing the same basic sound and scripting files I'm doing a repack so that the end user will d/l a base pack (small), and then version (skinned) specific packs without the double/triple/quadruple etc amounts of sounds and scripts. So depending upon the version all you will need to do is d/l the base pack and the version your heart desires smile_o.gif

Dunno if that makes a lot of sense at all.

hold up a minute klink.

get on AIM and give me a buzz i got some more serious bugs to report

Oh no! Not the serious bugs!!!! banghead.gif

Oh no! Not the serious bugs!!!!  banghead.gif

Yep ......... I found it too ........ in the HUD, only appears sometimes ...

HUDbug.jpg

rofl.gif

But seriosuly, please consider getting some tweaking done for joystick users, as it really is a great plane, and its a shame not to be able to use the stick at the moment. confused_o.gif

But anyway, good luck with the next update. thumbs-up.gif

I see a new pilot on last picture that you posted on page 3.

Sore looks like a new model or just clothes that you changed.

Will we see him in next release? huh.gif