Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

A4- Skyhawk re-release Public Beta

Just tried this new bird out and it's lovely! I love these small planes. I hate flying those fast big birds, but small ones like this one are awesome. Very well done.

in a seperate pbo file (linked to this one) i plan on helping klink out and doing a Blue Angels version smile_o.gif

as soon as he sends me the textures i need to embark on my task with i can begin work on it. with any luck it should be available with the next update. if not.. it wont be long after smile_o.gif

That's the VBS1 pilot model mate.

That's true.

I was going to create a new pilot but because the addon is cross platform It is easier to keep the pilot as the standard west one in the meantime.

I've never done any soldier models before, hence the use of standard crews.

The base addon pbo is nearly ready, now converting the current USS Hancock A4 addon to fit with the base. USS Intrepid is 98% complete.

or we could alwyas just use RZN's fight pilots  icon_rolleyes.gif

At this stage I don't want to have the A4 addons relying on external addons. This is mainly because of the cross platform issue. I may update the pilot textures later, perhaps when Armed Assault is released then we have a better idea about cross platform compatibility... or not.

What is the status on re-fixing A-4 right now?

But I think that RZN pilot's would be wery good for this bird.

And some more versions maybe 2-seat version. And cockpit textures could be better for sure!

Keep up the good work m8. thumbs-up.gif

What is the status on re-fixing A-4 right now?

But I think that RZN pilot's would be wery good for this bird.

And some more versions maybe 2-seat version. And cockpit textures could be better for sure!

Keep up the good work m8. thumbs-up.gif

Two seater model has been started but wont be in next release.

Next pack/s have current USS Hancock, and USS Intrepid versions.

Cockpit textures are being worked on, but dont expect miracles at this stage smile_o.gif

As stated above crew is as it is so I dont have to create separate OFP/VBS versions of the packs. Perhaps when it gets closer to final version (ie when I'm happy there are no bugs etc) I might consider alternative crews and separate packs. The intention at the moment is to get this right (for those that remember the very early beta of this wasnt a shadow of the current release).

Quote[/b] ]As stated above crew is as it is so I dont have to create separate OFP/VBS versions of the packs. Perhaps when it gets closer to final version (ie when I'm happy there are no bugs etc) I might consider alternative crews and separate packs.

You can auto detect the RZN pilot's by default from the init script of your addon, so if someone has them installed they would be used. If not you would use the default OFP pilots.

Or in the mean time, just use this script:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=24001

Add this to the aircrafts init field, and you should get the RZN pilot of your choice, without any nasty side effects.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[This,"RZN_Fpilot_usa2"] Exec "UNNCrewChange.sqs"

After 26 days of no new posts, I must ask you col.klink is progress going well with A-4. Or is stoped or on pause.

And if you need any help with cockpit images let me know!

I know one guy that was flying A4Skyhawk and can provide images of it. thumbs-up.gif