Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

I wouldn't mind if you leave out the MP5A4.

Doesn't matter one more or less wink_o.gif

Well, from a personal point of view (when is it not?), I'd still like to have the Safe-Single-3rndBurst-FullAuto trigger-group on the MP5 Tactical, which still requires that I define a new magazine, so I might as well add MP5A4s into the pack. I'll just have it so the magazines can be alternated, i.e. the MP5N can use the MP5A4 magazines - they are exactly the same ammo etc. after all AFAIK. The only draw back is, as previously mentioned, you could be carrying an MP5A4, grab the MP5N magazines from a crate or whatever, and all of a sudden be able to fire in Safe-Semi-FullAuto trigger grouping. This is however a draw-back I'm prepared to live with.

Bug-When you fire the shotgun with shells loaded, about a dozen shells are ejected every time you fire.

That is because multiple bullets are fired to simulate the shotgun effect wink_o.gif

Bug-When you fire the shotgun with shells loaded, about a dozen shells are ejected every time you fire.

That is because multiple bullets are fired to simulate the shotgun effect wink_o.gif

Grrr why haven't weapon makers scripted their shotguns yet?!

I got the script of anyone needs it. It works like a charm!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the script Kyle, my e-mail is Jackal326@Hotmail.com.

In other news, the only thing that remains to do is fix up a couple of optics (the glow of the ELCAN, and incorporate an AK47 optics for which I'm still looking for a good example - suggestions?). I also have to sort out the MP5 situation outlined earlier.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the script Kyle, my e-mail is Jackal326@Hotmail.com.

In other news, the only thing that remains to do is fix up a couple of optics (the glow of the ELCAN, and incorporate an AK47 optics for which I'm still looking for a good example - suggestions?). I also have to sort out the MP5 situation outlined earlier.

Hey Jackal... Why dont you use the Elcan from the Diemaco pack by Mattjis (Spelling?)... And for the AK, the optics from by Earl from the Marine pack.

Crunchy

Thats what I had done previously CrunchyFrog, but it messed up due to ODOL-Explorer incorrectly converting the 'shining' faces in the model, and no-matter what I did, they would not shine (the zasleh and the reticle area). So, this time I tried it without converting them to MLOD first, and changed the texture paths accordingly via "Mike's Texture-Path Swapper" tool. This caused the optics to appear strangely to say the least (grey and white boxes despite all textures being present and correctly pathed). So, I went back to the old MLOD versions, and remade the zasleh (muzzle flash) and aiming reticle to enable their shining ability. This is almost complete now, just a few tweaks need to be made. Then its on to the AK optic. I've decided upon the E/S AK47 optic, as it seems to be fairly top quality like most of the other optics in the M.A.P. Just need to know if its OK will Earl/Suchey for me to use it. They OK'd my use of the aimpoint optic etc. so I can't foresee them having any problems, but I've still got to ask wink_o.gif

Edit: Oh, and its my birthday today biggrin_o.gif

Edit 2: Added mirrors courtesy of OFP.info to first post.

first of all, great pack, kudos!

great models and textures and what not

but, do you have any plans of making it JAM compliant?

Great pack, I love some of the cool weapons in it like the UMP and the P90. One major problem though, which may already have been mentioned. I use Y2K3, and the current anims that it uses mean that at certain angles, when you fire, you hit your hand. crazy_o.gif

As these anims are much better than the original ones, is there any chance you could look into this? Also, has anyone else had this problem? huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Grrr why haven't weapon makers scripted their shotguns yet?!

I got the script of anyone needs it. It works like a charm!

I've got to agree with Kyle, the shotguns that fire at the same time are much better than the scary BIS method of having the gun fire over a second or two. wink_o.gif

Daniel @ Aug. 26 2005,11:45)]Great pack, I love some of the cool weapons in it like the UMP and the P90. One major problem though, which may already have been mentioned. I use Y2K3, and the current anims that it uses mean that at certain angles, when you fire, you hit your hand.  crazy_o.gif

As these anims are much better than the original ones, is there any chance you could look into this?

No, because if I edit the gun model positions they'll be incorrect for people who use the default animations. So I'd suggest using better animations (DMA/Sanctuary etc.).

As for the shotgun, I'll look into it.

And as for JAM, I have plans to make it compliant, and will be releasing a seperate config sometiem after releasing v1.1 of the pack.

jackal, check out the ak47/ak74 optics from the new CSLA mod, IMO they are the best...they are not quite as 'fancy' as suchey & early, but they are more realistic.

@olemissrebel: I'll check it out. Thanks.

In other news, the MP5 issue has been resolved (finally!wink_o.gif. The MP5-N now fires in single-full auto, and the (new) MP5A4 fires in single-burst-auto. I accomplished this by adding a new magazine with the new trigger-group. Both weapons (and their variants) can use either magazine, which isn't 100% realistic, but it was either that, or people complain about not being able to pick up the other guy's magazines when he's killed etc.

I only have a couple of issues to resolve now (AK optic and a slight issue with the reflex model), then of course comes the testing wink_o.gif

EDIT: Just resolved the Reflex issue, and have incorporated the CSLA AK47 optic (permission pending) into the pack. Hopefully Maa et al will grant me permission to use it.

Testing of the updated pack should begin tomorrow, and if all goes to plan a release should be sometime next weekend (around the 3rd/4th of September).

brilliant pack. i really enjoy these weapons.

eagerly await jam3 compatibility. but if not they still good.

thanks

these + ECP = mayhem pistols.gifpistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

thanks

these + ECP = mayhem  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Say what?

All of this is custom sounds...

Why costumize them even more?

crazy_o.gif

yeah man, all of the new jam sound packs suck. if you want realism, LEAVE THE DEFAULT sounds folks, except jackal, considering yours dont sound half that bad atall wink_o.gif

thanks

these + ECP = mayhem pistols.gifpistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Say what?

All of this is custom sounds...

Why costumize them even more?

crazy_o.gif

was talking about the amazing use of the sjb weapons vs smarter AI from ECP.

not talking about sounds. but thanks to you i will keep an ear out. smile_o.gif

SJB weapons handle 'among the best' out of all i've found so far. not sure why but they just feel so damn right.

Weapons look great smile_o.gif Tested them out one by one through whole evening.

What worries me is that there is almost no difference in recoil between different type of weapons (ie. sniper riffles behave almost the same) and the timming of reloading and fireing weapons is also somewhat neglected (shotgun can shoot like machinegun smile_o.gif m82a1 loads pretty fast for such type of weapons and every clip gets replaced in almost the same short time) Besides that weapons look and sound pretty good smile_o.gif

T.

PS. Maybe I did not explain my view clearly enough to be understud (it was really hard day for me and I am dead tired) therefore please PM me if you have any question about my mummbling smile_o.gif

I'm REALLY looking forward to trying out this mod, BUT thus far I've yet to load up a campaign/single player mission that allows me to select one of the new weapons via the "Gear" tab.

Would someone be so kind as to supply a DETAILED walkthrough as to how I can gain access to the new weapons in an offline game? It'd be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

@ Kyle_K_ski

Take a look in the readme that came with the SJB Weapons. wink_o.gif

In regards to making all the weapons available in all the campaign/single player missions, the following instructions were left by the weapons pack's author:

you'll have to use "addweaponcargo" and other such scripting commands

Alright, HOW, WHERE, and WHEN do I type "addweaponcargo" to get the cargo box full of the new weapons to appear in the mission I want to play? I'm very new to modding OFP, and I don't have a clue as to how to use the author's directions that he gave in his Read Me.

I also downloaded a mod called "Descriptions" which supplies .ext files for various weapon packs. Supposedly, this mod will allow the player to have access to the weapons during BRIEFINGS. I followed that Read Me as well, which spells out that:

To use a description.ext, browse to your Codemasters/Operation Flashpoint/Users/*YOURNAME*/ folder.

In there, you will find a folder called MPMissions. Inside the MPMissions folder, you will find folders

for all of the missions you are currently working on in the MP mission editor. Simply copy and paste

the description.ext into your mission's folder. If you are using the regular mission editor, you will

find your mission's folder in your Users/*YOURNAME*/Missions folder.

Unfortunately, when I opened up my /Users/*YOURNAME* folder there wasn't a folder called "MPMissions" waiting for me. So, I created one, and pasted a copy of the SJB .ext description there. It doesn't matter if I start up a campaign or a single mission, the SJB weapons are never made available to me through the "Gear" tab that's found during the mission briefing.

So, I need more DETAILED instructions in order to get access to these weapons in the game. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

this addWeaponCargo["WEAPONNAME", 3]; this addMagazineCargo["AMMONAME", 12];

Putting in the classname of the SJB weapon at WEAPONNAME, and the ammo classname for the weapon in the AMMONAME bit, then just edit the number of each that you want. You'll find the classnames in the readme included in the pack.

The description.ext you need to put inside the folder of a Mission you have just saved, so say you saved a mission called 'SJBweaponsTest' you would put the description.ext file inside

OperationFlashpoint/Users/YOURNAME/Missions/SJBweaponsTest

Then save the Mission again as a User mission, and then either hold down shift whilst pressing preview in the mission editor, or Save the mission as an SP or MP Mission and look at the mission via one of those.

Unfortunately, you can NOT use these weapons in the original missions, you have to make your own missions where you add the weapons manually to your soldiers, it is in these mission folders you can place the description.ext to use them in the briefing.

If you just want to shoot around with them a little, you can start the mission editor and place a soldier with the weapon on the ground. (select "units" (F1) and double-click on the ground)

The soldiers are under West->SJB Men->...

Just do what i did. I made my own custom config file as these weapons are beautiful. I've restarted the campaign with my favourite weapons and vehicles, oh and new units. These weapons are excellent. I'm no scripter but i just tinkered a bit and now i got custom cfg files coming outta my a*s! If i can do it anything is possible. Maybe man will walk on the moon. Maybe!

tounge2.gif