Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

That MP7 is looking mighty nice. And there 100+ .p3d's in the pack.

Actually, at present there are 336 P3Ds in the pack (15 are magazine models to replace the default bag of ammo when you drop a seperate magazine for some weapons, 23 are empty weapon models for the handgun slide animation and the LAW, and 1 is of a template muzzle-flash I use for new models which has the correct Alphas setup so its all visible and doesn't suffer from the Alpha-Ghosting).

Its worth noting not all of the other models are actually used - there are at least 5 of the other 298 or so that are weapons I have removed from the pack because I was unhappy with them and/or was unable to fully implement features for them with current engine limitations (e.g. the M4A1 model with night-vision optic).

damn that is a big project.... notworthy.gif

no wonder the time it takes to release a big weapon pack like that tounge2.gif

Holy shit thats alot of .p3d's. Thats some great work there jackal. Thanks for the pack and the time you put into creating it. cheers yay.gif  yay.gif

BTW Jackal whats the difference between your LAW and the BIS LAW

Not a whole lot, except its animated (well, not technically animated, but it is "folded up" when shouldered, and when readied up, it becomes extended). This I plan to change however thanks to the donation of several AT weapon models by Laser, including the M72 LAW Launcher from his pack. This change however wont be made until after v2.0

Thanks for that Jackal. Do you intend to incorporate any M136 AT4's or any heavy AT weapons in any upcoming packs

I just saw the MP7 pic and I am amazed. This is absolutely perfect thumbs-up.gif

Just read about BB giving you his SCARs, I presume these are ending up in version 2.1 or whatever it will be called?

Just read about BB giving you his SCARs, I presume these are ending up in version 2.1 or whatever it will be called?

One could hope, but there is likely a lot of work needed to be done to them, so I suspect we won't see them until pack three.

Whatever the case might be I'm sure Jackal will do them justice (which would assuredly make BB proud.)

Now to imagine how many variations Jackal will churn out wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif.

One could hope, but there is likely a lot of work needed to be done to them, so I suspect we won't see them until pack three.

Whatever the case might be I'm sure Jackal will do them justice (which would assuredly make BB proud.)

Now to imagine how many variations Jackal will churn out wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif.

Yeah, we prob wont see them till ArmA though. Well, at least I still have the Betas to play around with

Is there an online weapon reference, or a link to the readme file as I deleted the file I downloaded a while ago and dont want to have to download another 200mb file just to see the weapon names.

Yes, there's a list of weapons on the first page, but no readme with the classnames, which I'd assume he wants.

Too many, too long to paste them here though. crazy_o.gif

Thanks alot, it was the class names I was after smile_o.gif

heres the readme file with all classes names, i uploaded it for you:

click here

edit:

abort pop-up blocker if you have one, that's the only way it works for me

With regard to the SCARs, I'll probably be releasing those as a seperate pack. I may integrate them into the larger pack, I'm still not sure. It depends when Blackblood gets around to sending them to me, and what state they're in when they arrive (i.e. how much work still needs to be done on them).

On another note, I just got through uploading a few files to my FTP, one of them being an ingame shot of the C7A2 DMS (or DMR if you prefer, its the same thing so I'm not going to argue symantecs).

CLICK ME.

I also uploaded a shot of the C7A1 w/ Aimpoint and the HK416 Aimpoint. There is a slight yellow hue, so take that into consideration when judging the colouration of the weapons wink_o.gif

CLICK ME.

Looks good, but whats up with all the black lines on the Elcan lens?

glare dispersers (sp?) - basically a honey comb mesh of some material of sorts that helps prevent lens glare from the scope, thus preventing it giving away the sniper's position.

Its a honey-comb cover designed to cut down on glare and reflections off the lenses and ultimately help disguise the users' position from the enemy. It doesn't work out too well in OFP/VBS1 though due to the texture mip-mapping. Up close it looks good, but from 2m+ is looks shit. I'll probably remove it.

Very good smile_o.gif

2 questions:

1.) is the gun in the first picture is that Canadina assualt rifle ? (CA something) ?

2.)Is those units are VBS 1 ?

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]2.)Is those units are VBS 1 ?

They are smile_o.gif