Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

id-macpher2-2.jpg

Seems like C7s are being getting short barrels

That's NOT a C7A2. That's a C8 SFW.

http://www.diemaco.com/sfw-page.htm

Infact its a C8A2, not an sfw.. "but why? it has an ANPEQ module and EOTech sight thats covering the half top rail!"

Well its apparently been fitted with rails on the outside of the regular frontgrip of the C8, so the owner could attach whatever accessories he/she saw fit even if he/she didnt have a SFW issued.

example on how, under the handguards:

MT-R6andVG-GRwtmk.jpg

No, he was right it is the SFW, that little rail there does not come issue with the C8A2.  It is a accessory you can buy for it, I believe the manufactuer of that rail on the handgaurds is GG&G.  None of those accessories on that weapon are issued, unless you are JTF-2.  I know I'm in the CF. The vertical foregrip on that SFW is actually the vertical foregrip on the stock of the C9A1, I've seen guys put them on they're C7s/C8s. It does not require a rail.

Did you read this? This was settled a while ago (as far as I know)

EDIT:

This too

No matter how many times Jackal asks you to stop arguing you just can't seem to manage...

Saw the nwe shots jackal, the new weapons look awesome. I can't wait for release. smile_o.gif

No matter how many times Jackal asks you to stop arguing you just can't seem to manage...

Saw the nwe shots jackal, the new weapons look awesome. I can't wait for release.  smile_o.gif

its just instinct i guess for some...

jackal are the diemaco's using the M203 or EAGLE??

Not as of yet, just made the basic C7A1 and C7A2 so far. I plan on making M203 versions, but it all depends on the time frame. I wanted v2.0 released 6 months ago, so a few more weeks wont hurt (much).

Do the Canadians (or anyone else) use this EAGLE g/l? I'd just prefer to see M203 as its what everyone uses (except for some countries that use the HK AG-C with their SFWs and C8s)

The CF, as far as I know, uses the Diemaco-produced "M-203A1" which is essentially an M-203. I've not heard of the EAGLE UBGL until now, and I believe it's the Koninklijke Landmacht (The Dutch) who use the AG-36 / AG-C with their Diemaco rifles.

Yeah, also the SAS and other British Spec Ops. The Americans have M203A1 aswell, I think it uses mounting rails instead of the big bracket that you see on M16A2s

Yeah, that's true. I was about to come back here and mention them actually. Good coincidence. And although I don't know for certain, I think the difference is that it takes advantage of a rail system rather than that giant forestock bracket... gimped thing that you mentioned.

I will have to check. It's a damned shame that Colt bought out Diemaco, or I'd head over to the Diemaco site to check, but I'm not willing to sully myself by accessing anything owned by Colt. tounge2.gif

Its pretty much the same site, except they dont have the PDF brochures for the weapons which gave good technical info. Anyway, M203 should remain, EAGLE looks like a AG-C rippoff tounge2.gif

The Constant talking about this Weapons pack is great I love all the topics being brought up I just want to know if there will be a G-36 and Aug added in this version

No there won't. I had planned on it, but simply lacked the3 time to implement them. Hopefully in future versions they will appear.

@B-R

Just a suggestion, but between WIP's G36 pack and B3liar's G36 there's selection. Just thought I'd mention that. smile_o.gif

@Jackal326

I really like your M16A3 from the FFUR 2006 patch preview picture. Judging from the image it looks like you made the textures lighter (which makes it look more realistic) on the barrel and the foregrips to a more matte finish than the previous straight dark black? Whatever it is it looks really good, that and the M4A1/M203 with that PEQ-2 's blue switch (awesome attention to detail)! Thanks

...I really like your M16A3 from the FFUR 2006 patch preview picture.  Judging from the image it looks like you made the textures lighter (which makes it look more realistic) on the barrel and the foregrips to a more matte finish than the previous straight dark black?  Whatever it is it looks really good, that and the M4A1/M203 with that PEQ-2 's blue switch (awesome attention to detail)!  Thanks

Its an M16A3 wink_o.gif The textures were made lighter by popular demand, I was never really satisfied with the originals, and after release a lot of comments were made about them being too dark. Ergo, I've fixed them.

We can thank Dasquade for the awesome PEQ-2 and the great attention done in both the modelling and the hi-res texture it uses. He was great enough to allow me permission to use it (amongst other attachments such as the SUREFIRE flash-light for the M4A1-CQB as well as an aimpoint magnifier that features on a "secret weapon".

It's sad to hear that, but at least your thinking about adding the Aug and the G-36. Thanks jackal.

as well as an aimpoint magnifier that features on a "secret weapon".

Is this the SL-8 'secret weapon' or is it something completely different?

as well as an aimpoint magnifier that features on a "secret weapon".

Is this the SL-8 'secret weapon' or is it something completely different?

I think if he say it, this weapon will be no secret any more biggrin_o.gif

If you want some good quality G36 models sgt evrersmann si working on some. jackal i'm surprised nobody has notice "secret weapon" yet icon_rolleyes.gif

The SL8 is not the secret weapon, but it is in the pack. The "secret weapon" has kind of already been announced (infact I've posted a few shots of it in one of the combat photography threads).

The Custom M4A1 Marksman? IIRC...?

Like Mr Homer said the heavily customised m4 with killflash aimpoint and magnifier harris bipod etc...

i wont ask if we are right because that will lead to "off topic faggotry" again

EDIT:

1.Pressed Image instead of HTTP:// ok!

2.sod it god rid of the link alltogether