Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

The barrels are (generally) to scale with the rest of the weapon, and I tried my best to scale each weapon accordingly. There will be fuck-ups - there always are.

well that was conclusive *sits and presses F5 repeatedly*

You might be there a long time.....

I think its best we leave Jackal alone until hes got the addon finished. Sitting around and asking for status reports aint gona speed things up wink_o.gif

...Sitting around and asking for status reports aint gona speed things up  wink_o.gif

It'll speed up the rise of 'The Patented SJB Piss-Off-o-Meter' which is a 100 point system, based on how pissed off I am. On a usual day, it runs at between 15 and 25, after a bad day at work that results in me wanting to physically kill half of the customers I've served, it can run upwards of 75 - you don't want to be within 5miles of me if it reaches the 90s.

On another note, bugger all is gonna get done until Saturday, so nothing, bar a few quick screenshots, is gonna be done until then.

Quote[/b] ]It'll speed up the rise of 'The Patented SJB Piss-Off-o-Meter' which is a 100 point system, based on how pissed off I am. On a usual day, it runs at between 15 and 25, after a bad day at work that results in me wanting to physically kill half of the customers I've served, it can run upwards of 75 - you don't want to be within 5miles of me if it reaches the 90s.

Are there patches for this too, like the Fun-Meter that I always wear? biggrin_o.gif

I knew a USAF Combat Cameramen over there and he had a "Fun-Meter" sewn onto his body armor, and it was always into the red. More than likely if you "patch" it the meter will always be bugged to always stay at the low red..

you don't want to be within 5miles of me if it reaches the 90s.

On another note, bugger all is gonna get done until Saturday, so nothing, bar a few quick screenshots, is gonna be done until then.

1. That's a fact tounge2.gif

2. Ah, too bad, going away this weekend sad_o.gif

I knew a USAF Combat Cameramen over there and he had a "Fun-Meter" sewn onto his body armor, and it was always into the red. More than likely if you "patch" it the meter will always be bugged to always stay at the low red..

That's the beauty of the patch. It's always pegged, but you can rotate it 180 degrees so it's pegged in the direction you're feeling. A buddy of mine had a nice one for his flight suit, but I could never find one as good as his (that was flippable).

could we please stop talking about "fun-o-meters" and return to the topic of SJB_TOS please

I knew a USAF Combat Cameramen over there and he had a "Fun-Meter" sewn onto his body armor, and it was always into the red.  More than likely if you "patch" it the meter will always be bugged to always stay at the low red..

That's the beauty of the patch.  It's always pegged, but you can rotate it 180 degrees so it's pegged in the direction you're feeling.  A buddy of mine had a nice one for his flight suit, but I could never find one as good as his (that was flippable).

lol

Then again, it may have been one of those, it's not like I was going to reach out and touch it either.  I mean I had more important things to worry about.

Anyways give it a rest man, it's yeah okay, a side topic but things like that represent what people do "over there" and is always something of a touch to add it to something, like maybe something like this:

US306.jpg

could we please stop talking about "fun-o-meters" and return to the topic of SJB_TOS please

At the moment, there isnt much to say about the addon except the likes of "Where is it?" "Status Report?" etc, so give em a break

...and? So what?

Anyway, in some vain attempt to get this back on topic before I'm forced to have it locked until release, I'll be working my ass off to finally get a BETA out over this weekend. I'm working tomorrow (firday) but after that, I'll be working all-out to get the BETA ready. I'm already 6 months behind schedule, whats a couple more days eh?

very good jackal progress is good very good and like he said no more fun-o-meter !!!!

What happens when you reach the 100 Points.

Eh sorry i know offtopip, but iam just curios to know.

banghead.gif god damn it listen to me and jackal please or placebo will lock the topic and we wouldnt want that now would we icon_rolleyes.gif

banghead.gif god damn it listen to me and jackal please or placebo will lock the topic and we wouldnt want that now would we icon_rolleyes.gif

To be honest if it stopped all this crazy offtopic shit, maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea until Jackal has something new to report

listen to me

Who put you in charge?  whistle.gif

Reasonable (mostly) questions that can be answered in the meantime:

Ok, so after the BETA goes out, then what? If everthing goes well during testing will the next step be public release? Do you already have a readme made? How do you feel about your work? Is there a sense of accomplishment? Relief? Will Ondrej finaly settle on a hair style? What's planned after the release, starting on the next version or working on smaller patches if they are needed? Or just relax and take a break? Will you answer any of these questions? Do you think I should stop? Really? Ok.

I think it would be best if both Kyle and helping_hand kept their filthy posting-hands out of this topic until release...

huh.gif that wasnt very nice now was it JW and that was a lot of questiosns for jackal KS reckon he'll answer them huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]...Ok, so after the BETA goes out, then what?...

Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll make any final adjustments, and release the public version of v2.0

Quote[/b] ]Do you already have a readme made?

Yes, its a modified version of the v1.1, it isn't quite finished yet (hasn't got all the new classnames etc includeD) but it'll be filled out by the time I release.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a sense of accomplishment? Relief?

The simple answer is, both. I feel I've compiled possibly the largest single weapons pack for OFP, a "one stop shop" as it has been described - for "western" weapons anyway. In the future I hope to add more generic/"OPFOR" weaponry into the mix, to make it truly inclusive. The pack will never become all-encompassing, with every single weapon in service by every armed force throughout the wolrd included, but I'll do my best to get it as close as possible wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will Ondrej finaly settle on a hair style?

Who knows and/or cares?

Quote[/b] ]What's planned after the release, starting on the next version or working on smaller patches if they are needed?

That will all depend on the feedback received. If small tweaks are needed, then they'll be made, if a lot of tweaks need to be made, I'll release larger updates. Fact of the matter is, I'm always adding to the pack, and already have plans for the direction in which I want to take it (Armed Assault, VBS2, Game 2 and beyond). As long as I am able to not only model/code, and find hosts willing to put up with the initial release's bandwidth rapage, this Weapons Pack will go on. When I lose my enthusiasm for the game/modelling, thats when I'll call it a day, until then, "SJB - It works" as sloganizer.com keeps telling me in my signature.

Quote[/b] ]Or just relax and take a break?

I wish...

Quote[/b] ]Will you answer any of these questions?...

No...oh wait......shit......