Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Lovely stuff, nice to see some of the other weapons youre working on thumbs-up.gif

Edit button wouldn't work otherwise I'd have edited my previous post huh.gif Anyway...

Just took a few ingame screenshots of a couple of the updated weapons in the hands of Nephillim/Retro's fantastic Mercenary units.

Updated M16A2 in the hands of Jennifer.

The M249 with the updated (high-detail) M145 optic.

These pics are super-dark man, but M4 sure looked nice.

They're not THAT dark, perhaps its your monitor's brightness/gamma settings that are to blame?

Admittedly, the M249 image is rather contrasted, but it was to begin with as it was taken earlier in the mission, before it got lighter.

How much work would it be to change the M16A4 Eotech with.

A mag pouch on the stock, with mag>> I know just for looks though, nobody has done it yet!

and also move the front grip like to 1/4 of the front piece....

>>closer to the mag,

Piccy

Exactly like the bottom one!!! >> would be sooo elite, with EOTECH scope on it!

As I am yet to update the M16A4 models with the new textures (the changing of which has, for some unknown reason) screwed up some of the texture mappings, so I'm having to recheck every model that uses them to see if they have been affected), I may consider the idea. I doubt I will do it though, as then people would say "Add the mag-pouch to 'X' Version". Ergo, I would have to do it with all the M16A4 versions, or none at all - my guess is, it'll be the latter.

The M16A4s will be getting an over-haul anyway, as I mentioned above. Plus, I never really liked how I did the RIS area on the fore-grip, so it'll be remade from the ground up to fit in better with the rest of the rifle.

The M4A1s, M16A2s and CAR15s are now done, bar a few tweaks (such as changing out the old ELCAN model for the newer high-detail version, and updating one or two barrel configurations). The LR3000s and the M16A4s are yet to be fixed.

As I have said before, I will post updated screenshots as and when I have them.

OK, I've just managed to update the M16A4s, and they look a thousand times better than they did before. However, I didn't add the magazine pouch on the stock.

I also was able to edit the AN-PEQ textures.

I hope to post some ingame shots of them shortly.

EDIT: I just took this screenshot in Buldozer, which will hopefully tide you over until I can get some better ingame shots of it later tonight/tomorrow.

Updated M16A4 with tweaked AN/PEQ-2

Looks awesome as usual. The brighter look does look a bit better I must say. I also liked the dark ones, but this is just a bit better notworthy.gif

I have a question Jackal. Have you ever thought about changing the sounds on the M16's, M4's and M60's? You have absolutley great models, and even greater now with the retexturing, but I must say that the current sound on the above namned weapons just sounds wrong confused_o.gif (note: This is meant as constructive critisicm.) I think that Laser prettymuch have nailed the sounds on those weapons in his weapon pack. Maybe you could ask him if you could use his sounds? wink_o.gif Altough the decision is comletley yours if you want to change them or not, will use your weapon pack either way wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif .

Also on a different note, have you thougt about including more RPG's and rocket/missile-launchers in you pack?

Its funny. When I released the first version of the pack (over a year ago, with the public BETA of the SEALs), people said the sounds were wrong. I changed them, and they were still wrong. When I changed them to the ones that are currently in the pack, everyone (mostly) liked them, they were even described as "the best weapon sounds around" by one person, I think on the VBS1 forums. As for changing them, I'm not going to. If you dislike the sounds, then you can depbo the file and replace them with ones you prefer wink_o.gif or use JAM magazines.

The M60 soundis the only one I am considering changing as I never liked it in the first place.

As for including more missile-firing weapons, I have considered it, but there are already enough RPG variations knocking around for me to even consider that. Other such weapons, that anyone is likely to need, have also been done with death (AT4s etc), so I doubt I'll be bothering with any versions in the pack.

I'll consider the idea for grenade-launchers, though I doubt any will make it into v1.2 of the pack, mainly because I've already got ~40 new weapons that still remain uncoded, so I don't want to be adding anymore until they're coded wink_o.gif

In other news, which contradicts my above statement, I've added two new UMP45 variants, with aimpoints mounted on the receiver's rail. Should post some screenshots later today/tomorrow (along with some more ingame shots of the M16A4/A2 variants).

How about grenade launchers? Haven't seen remade MM-1's or 6G30's yet...

Just a thought.

For weapons that dont get used too much (by me anyway tounge2.gif ) I think BIS's ones are fine, at anyrate, I'd much prefer to play with those M4s asap than have some stupid grenade launcher that wont get used alot.

The only complaint about the sounds (M4/M16 series, SR25, PSG1, M82) would be that they could be louder. Overall the sounds are not very balanced; some are loud some are not. This is AFAIK something which can be tweaked in the config.

The sounds themselves are very good. Nothing wrong with them.

Yet another for the sauerkraut munchers:

MP05_HK_416D_2.jpg

'HK 416 D' ?? Is that a variant or is it just some random marking?

I don't know but the carrier key in the current Hk416 is the thrid version since HKM4. But its problery a referance too the barrel lenth.

STGN

I don't know but the carrier key in the current Hk416 is the thrid version since HKM4. But its problery a referance too the barrel lenth.

STGN

I think youre right, i googled HK 416 D and discovered that HK416 model names begin with 'D', however, when I googled HK416D it came up an airsoft gun whistle.gif Akd, are you sure that thing's real?

STGN

I think youre right, i googled HK 416 D and discovered that HK416 model names begin with 'D',  however, when I googled HK416D it came up an airsoft gun  whistle.gif Akd, are you sure that thing's real?

Yes, the rifle is real. The picture from some arms-show

Yes, from a recent trade show. Paris Milipol, or something.

For the past few days, I've been round-house kicking my new computer, and have finally got O2/Buldozer/Binarize all up and running *cheers*

So, as a result I've begun work on an updated USSOCOM pistol. I will post screenshots as soon as I get Photoshop to work *winds up for another round-house kick to his PC tower - Chuck Norris, eat your heart out!*

I finally got Photoshop working, and was able to get a fiarly good quality screenshot from Buldozer. The original model and textures are by Stoke (permission pending), with a few edits here and there by me. The silencer will be worked on, I still haven't been able to obtain a designation for the silencer (if it even exists - possibly fictional?). Anyway, just figured I'd keep you guys informed.

EDIT: Forgot to post the link rofl.gif

Here it is: (Possible) NEW SOCOM (depending on permission granting)