Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Itweas Ninjas

Source: OFP.info

Quote[/b] ]Itweas has sent us his great Ninjas, this time it is the actual addon and not a video. We can wipe another limititation off the list. The swimming is especially well done. It is almost GTA style, which is unheard of in OFP...really wonderful work! This is a MUST download. smile_o.gif On a side note, some older computers might have some trouble running these, if that's the case just lower the settings.

sc1s.jpgsc2s.jpg

sc3s.jpgsc4s.jpg

Download:

Ninja's:

FTP1

FTP2

Demo Mission:

FTP1

FTP2

Just Chk out the swimming as well as other features, but the swimming is amazing, hat off. This is one amazing addon. Hopefully the swimming will be added to other units as well. Thank you for this one Itwea, you have greatly improved OFP! notworthy.gif

Its ok, but there are a few problems, like, its too damn hard to climb walls, and if you lag too much wall climbing and jumping off walls doesn't even work at all...

yeah, great idea, & success with getting it working, but flashpoint sucks too much in that area to actually make it fun. tis a pity. great job though!

Quote[/b] ]

Its ok, but there are a few problems, like, its too damn hard to climb walls, and if you lag too much wall climbing and jumping off walls doesn't even work at all...

Quote[/b] ]

yeah, great idea, & success with getting it working, but flashpoint sucks too much in that area to actually make it fun. tis a pity. great job though!

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]

--Second, Your PC must be able to keep FPS at least 15fps while using ninja ability.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tested my addon in many situation of game performance (heavy or light visual quality),

and I found that some ninja ability(Climbing up the wall, bounce off wall) won't work under

heavy performance. In fps 1 to 10, ninja ability never work. 10 to 14, randomly work but almost won't work,

15 to 30 is sured to work, 30 to 60 is best performance for ninja.

over 60, ninja climb up 2 times faster than under 30fps

Game performance also affect climbing up speed.

If you can make game performance best (by lower visual qulity, or set view distance smaller),

it's best to play my addon.

And I think fix these bugs is very difficult because they are caused by OFP's system.

And these fact mean my addon will not work on MP.

So , have a fun on SP mission.

It's still quite a big step, we've seen worse limitations. smile_o.gif

Yea, doesn't work in the demo mission cause I get too much lag, but placing it in the editor is good enough.

Ah the demo mission won't run for me, missing a editor upgrade, but thats ok. Getting just as much fun outta this guy by having myself a shootout in Provins. thumbs-up.gif

Well at least the concept of jumping and swimming works well, and as far as I can tell is uneffected by the framerate (or not effected as greatly as the climbing and jumping off walls).

finally the ninja, thank you I have been looking forward for this one

the swimming and climbing would be great for the just released BMI International Black Ops thumbs-up.gif

the swimming and climbing would be great for the just released BMI International Black Ops thumbs-up.gif

So would my recently released version of my Grenade Pack, and that actualy works (even in MP)! Anyways, the swiming is really the only thing that can probably be used on other units, its a great alternative to the CoC thing, that is only if AI are able to use this new way, and by looking at the scripts, I don't think they will confused_o.gif

Well at least the concept of jumping and swimming works well, and as far as I can tell is uneffected by the framerate (or not effected as greatly as the climbing and jumping off walls).

Im on a stinkin GeForce 2 and it works fine for me.

CCCOOOOOOLLLLLLLL notworthy.gif The AI even swim ... now theres something all Pilots in OFP need tounge2.gif

wow ...... how does he do it ? ... *opens up depbo* smile_o.gif

Overall a pretty fun addon biggrin_o.gif

The new animations are pretty cool too...Only thing is I haven't mastered the wall climbing yet sad_o.gif

So would my recently released version of my Grenade Pack, and that actualy works (even in MP)! Anyways, the swiming is really the only thing that can probably be used on other units, its a great alternative to the CoC thing, that is only if AI are able to use this new way, and by looking at the scripts, I don't think they will  confused_o.gif

I just tested it in multiplayer and it works fine. You dont get the animations but the capability is still there. Never hurts to try! biggrin_o.gif

This Ninja unit is truly fantastic, to reach places that werent used before is just plain awesome. Its just fun to run arround big cities on rooftops jumping from one roof to another cat burglar style.

A slight suggestion concerning the powerup of the jump "backwards+action" once started the percentage is hooked to the speed of movement (fast running=fast percentage rising, walking=slow percentage rising). That is why the fast jump almost cant be used, once I run fast to make a long leap jump the percentage counts fast up to hundred and gets reset to zero, resulting in a small jump (0%) instead of the house-high jump (100%). It would be nice if either the percentage would get locked once risen to 100%, or what might even be better, if the percentage wouldnt rise according to the speed of running, but rather with the same pace of the slow running. That would give the player enough time to "time" their jump.

The house climbing is kind of tricky, but I got it working several times, overall its easier to time a powerjump to get on houses, but the climbing still is a great feature. Once it works, its quite satiesfying to get on high buildings, that normaly could only be mounted by helicopter.

If the running power jump percentage could be fixed I would be very gratefull, anyway this is quite an astonishing unit, alot of fun, thank you very much smile_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

This is a really fun addon, haven't quite got the hang of everything though. The mission that comes with it is hard, but fun.

smile_o.gif

wow, this is amazing!

tryed demo mission, but couldn't do some crazy action, now, read all readme and tested, did wall jumps, wall climbings, wall bouncings, fast "hit the ground" and etc... man this is great! sad that these actions are done only from action menu, hitting fast "perform action", but it's acceptable!

but how can you do such things(create this addon)? I think it was realy realy realy difficult, huge thanx!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Wow, I had a look at the code ........ notworthy.gif Itwea has been VERY busy ...... and most of it I understand NOT ... hehe. Maybe you anim and soldier addon makers can work it out.

Question for those people, once they see how its done ........ is it feasable to add Itwea's SWIM feature to many existing and or new soldiers ?

Superb addon with lots of new possibilities icon14.gif .

Very very nice animations too,.

It proves again that OFP is a dream engine for a ton of different addons and great ideas.

This ninja and its features are not only interesting but very well done.

Now we can see the Real Ultimate Power in OFP wink_o.gif

haha this addon is great and fun to play around with.. i love it.. i now hope we can get improved divers tounge2.gif

Can anyone explain me how he made setvelocity command working for man class ?? I mean in the script of the jump we can see

_Unit SetVelocity [(velocity _Unit select 0),(Velocity _Unit select 1),2.5+((Speed _Unit) / 8)]

It seems to be working. However i tried to make a script in a custom mission like this :

_unit = _this select 0

~1

_Unit SetVelocity [(velocity _Unit select 0),(Velocity _Unit select 1),2.5+((Speed _Unit) / 8)]

But the unit which was entering the script havent been working (i even put the ninja there and wrote him in init [this] exec "script.sqs", he ought to jump up, not moving forward though, but he did not :/ ). My question is how Itweas made the ninja use setvelocity command and why/how it works

Now we can see the Real Ultimate Power in OFP wink_o.gif

HAHAHA rofl.gif That site is funny

"My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window." rofl.gif

Would help if you give a clue as to how to work the ninja skills. Some, (most?), of us haven't played Hitman II.

I guessed how to do the jumping, (hit perform action while turbo running), but when wall climbing he can get on the wall, but any movement just drops him back off the wall.

Are there any more skills?