Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Anyone Got any Ideas for planets you wanna see in a new Stargate World map?

1.0 which was released is just a crap/basic versian i made, this one be in the works for longtime, I have orignal looking planets but updated and quite a few other Alien Looking worlds i guess to call them confused_o.gif

So any Misson maker got any ideas, shoot

Thx

Lukemax

You could go for a world covered entirely by a massive plant crazy_o.gif

(I've got some other ideas, but I'm saving them for my own Stargate worlds map thumbs-up.gif )

Anyone Got any Ideas for planets you wanna see in a new Stargate World map?

1.0 which was released is just a crap/basic versian i made, this one be in the works for longtime, I have orignal looking planets but updated and quite a few other Alien Looking worlds i guess to call them  confused_o.gif

So any Misson maker got any ideas, shoot

Thx

Lukemax

You could go for a world covered entirely by a massive plant   crazy_o.gif

(I've got some other ideas, but I'm saving them for my own Stargate worlds map  thumbs-up.gif )

Say, a planet constructed entirely out of pasta? Mmm... meatballs... *drool*

Laying a gate on its side is impossible, and just won't work. It's out of the question. As for orbital gates, don't even bother using the orbital script, simply use a real gate object. Now you have more control over the gate and can put it wherever the hell you want without the script's messing it up. Then just add your gate to the network:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dsf_gates = dsf_gates + [_gate]

Origin = Origin + [_home]

Gateaddresses = Gateaddresses + [_address]

GateName = GateName + [_name]

Where _gate is the name of the gate, _home is a number (1-38), _address is an array of six numbers (0-38), and _name is any string (anything you want as long as it's in quotes). I mean, why have OFP execute all of that code for the CREATEGATE.sqf, only for it to be undone by more scripts, when you can make your own gate with 4 lines of code (not including spawning the gate). whistle.gif

I'm using version 1.1 of the stargates and I was wondering as you've put the init line for the 1.2 version, would it be very similar to do for version 1.1 except for the DSF_SG_DHD bit would be SG_DHD.

eg - [this,"Earth"] exec "\SG_DHD\sqs\NamedGate.sqs"

Would that be correct??

ok I've tried the init line I mentioned but it tells me there's no script with that name there....what should I be putting instead?

I'm using version 1.1 of the stargates and I was wondering as you've put the init line for the 1.2 version, would it be very similar to do for version 1.1 except for the DSF_SG_DHD bit would be SG_DHD.

eg - [this,"Earth"] exec "\SG_DHD\sqs\NamedGate.sqs"

Would that be correct??

ok I've tried the init line I mentioned but it tells me there's no script with that name there....what should I be putting instead?

if you read the readme for BXBX's gate, you'd see the line [this,earth] exec "\sg_dhd\sqs\createidentity.sqf"

who was looking for help on how to write the briefings cos ive worked out how to do it if they still want help?

Cheers Boo-Dro..I'm trying to get to grips with it and appreciate the help. I'm damn sure I read the readme several times and didn't find anything along what you suggested.

An IRC channel has been born...

irc.theartic.net (yeah, its supposed to be spelled wrong)

channel #stargate

go, and be happy

ye it seams the little language button on the page is no longer clickable  : /

the English instructions are here

http://bxbx.atrey.vdsoft.org/manualen.php

also how come on its side would'nt work ?

ive flown up and seen the orbital gate in the sky

so i dont see why it cant be rotated on its side confused_o.gif

i just dont remember how to string it, i can set hight and rotate in ofp

but aint tried both with 1 object before besides towing inflight lol

If it was rotated the stargate wouldnt work

Stargate worlds 2 nearly ready smile_o.gif

Now looking for a few BETA testers

Current addons needed:

AGS City

AGS Industrial

Baracken

E-Mail me, im looking for around 9 wow_o.gif

Luke.steel@btinternet.com

Just need to tie up a few bugs before the picures go out

Ideas for the next version of the Stargate island?

Yeah: less addons required (the Stargate mod won't need HKs be standing around, possibly there are more objects that can be cut out; a mission designer can still add that stuff himself in a mission if he wants to but the island addon should require MUCH less addons imho). In case the 3 addons listed on this page are the only ones that are required by the new version then all I can say is "well done". smile_o.gif

Second: there's a gate (number PCX-4 or so I think in the old SG mod system) with a very green environment and many many trees around it. While that looks really good, it lagged my PC down to 1 FPS or so and it took me forever to get out of there again (Athlon 2800+ with 1.5 GB RAM and ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, not state of the art but fast enough for OFP usually). As a mission designer I could never plan a mission taking place there since it's too slow for most today's computers (except the brand new ones maybe).

In case your beta testing includes wanted feedback (not just about bugs) then count me in.

Quote[/b] ]it lagged my PC down to 1 FPS or so and it took me forever to get out of there again (Athlon 2800+ with 1.5 GB RAM and ATI Radeon 9600 Pro,

arg banghead.gif mine is so bad goodnight.gif for this sad_o.gif

Ideas for the next version of the Stargate island?

Yeah: less addons required (the Stargate mod won't need HKs be standing around, possibly there are more objects that can be cut out; a mission designer can still add that stuff himself in a mission if he wants to but the island addon should require MUCH less addons imho). In case the 3 addons listed on this page are the only ones that are required by the new version then all I can say is "well done". smile_o.gif

Second: there's a gate (number PCX-4 or so I think in the old SG mod system) with a very green environment and many many trees around it. While that looks really good, it lagged my PC down to 1 FPS or so and it took me forever to get out of there again (Athlon 2800+ with 1.5 GB RAM and ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, not state of the art but fast enough for OFP usually). As a mission designer I could never plan a mission taking place there since it's too slow for most today's computers (except the brand new ones maybe).

In case your beta testing includes wanted feedback (not just about bugs) then count me in.

if you ever find yourself on that island again, just look at the ground as much as possible. looking at the ground stops the lag

Stargate Worlds will NOT be released untill Rc5 of the stargate MOD is out, due to bugs the stargate worlds map will not work properly and that map will be renderred useless, However the map might be released Befre 10th of april after that o start work at sea so i wont be able to do anymore work on it so it will be released along side all my other Addons.

this is just a general stargate question but were cronus Jaffa snake heads or did they not show their helmets?

hi guys how do i put what is the name of it MP5 intar if i am to give it to a civillian?because it says that it cannot find the weapon. or if i was to put it in a Ammo crate?

create an SQS in the mission folder (with notepad),

like  Intar.sqs

in that put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"

_unit addWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"

_unit selectWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"

in the Units INT put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this] exec "Intar.sqs"

that'll exicute the script

Or in a trigger or waypoint put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[name of civilian here] exec "Intar.sqs"

or instead of a ussing scripts,  in the units INT place

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this addWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this selectWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"

always remember (add a magazine 1st) then weapon,

or the gun needs reloading when mission starts

(to add magazine or weapon to car, truck, crate)

its this addMagazineCargo "SGC_MP5Int" and addWeaponCargo

as its cargo, not carried (shopuld read the com ref, its a must)

ps

audio FX addon is at 99% completion for v4

(and weapon script is complete  yay.gif  )

just need some Ashen dialog but the audio quality on my ashen ep's sucks  banghead.gif

anyone got any flags, faces, sounds or anything they want adding before i compile v4,  pm me  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]create an SQS in the mission folder (with notepad),

like  Intar.sqs

in that put

Code Sample  

_unit addWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"

_unit selectWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"

in the Units INT put

Code Sample  

[this] exec "Intar.sqs"

that'll exicute the script

Or in a trigger or waypoint put

Code Sample  

[name of civilian here] exec "Intar.sqs"

or instead of a ussing scripts,  in the units INT place

Code Sample  

this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this addWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this AddMagazine "SGC_mp5Intmag"; this selectWeapon "SGC_MP5Int"

always remember (add a magazine 1st) then weapon,

or the gun needs reloading when mission starts

(to add magazine or weapon to car, truck, crate)

its this addMagazineCargo "SGC_MP5Int"  and addWeaponCargo

as its cargo, not carried (shopuld read the com ref, its a must)

ps

audio FX addon is at 99% completion for v4

(and weapon script is complete    )

just need some Ashen dialog but the audio quality on my ashen ep's sucks  

anyone got any flags, faces, sounds or anything they want adding before i compile v4,  pm me  

you have to add this in init field game logic:

Quote[/b] ]"{_x exec "\staffweapon\init.sqs"} foreach units this"

if you don't add it, hittted units will no run sleep script

Stargate Worlds will NOT be released untill Rc5 of the stargate MOD is out.

Don't hold your breath.

"{_x exec "\staffweapon\init.sqs"} foreach units this"

^^^

is that something new just for the entar ? or need bah..

i'l have to send ye the weapons script (@ CRIONYK)

before i release the fx addon

i thought the civ's and basicly none sg/jaffa units just needed the int from the Sg_soldier readme banghead.gif

i hate being a noob goodnight.gif