Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

You'll get yelled at for that picture, you should know the rules by now - no images > 100kb... If I were you I'd edit that before Placebo sees it...

C'mon now, let's not forget about these things, there's no excuse for breaking that rule... Even if you're new, the rules are pinned and you are advised to read them before posting.

i already have one of them in my addon (i just cant release it yet)

also i made a few off world boards (like that ep were they study the black hole, some offworld sites had like big welcom signs

i'd suggest looking for a Flags addon, that'll narrow down how to add the jpg to an ext file (if needed)

then use a Standard this setFlag "filename" command from the com ref, and move the flag over the other board

or add your texture to a MapBoard and put that over the sign smile_o.gif

addon with a flag is best bet to learn code style from smile_o.gif

you could open the addon in oxygen and find the actual texture, replicate its size, they use a setBoject texture command, im not sure how, but it can be done

legal note:  that would be changing how the addon looks "during your mission"

NOT changing the addon its self

wich is what im stuck on at the moment   banghead.gif

Area-SGC  

tounge2.gif

Area-SGC pic

thats cool the way you mapped the extra monitors at the top yay.gif

can you see the back of them from the other side or does it hide the back ?

Area-SGC  

tounge2.gif

Area-SGC pic

thats cool the way you mapped the extra monitors at the top  yay.gif

can you see the back of them from the other side or does it hide the back ?

I hide the back from them

look pic2 :

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4898/areasgcpic22wm.jpg

but i can test whit  see the back  wink_o.gif

I post an another pic3 soon  thumbs-up.gif

nice back monitor pic yay.gif

Area-SGC pic3

smile_o.gif

wish i had the SGC....

Gate update:

Fix a number of addressbook bugs, added support for walmis' GDO.

Anymore that people know about?

that version of the SGC is avalible dude

its on here http://www.ofp-sgc.com/content/blogcategory/14/18/

its the mission called "Stargate Command"

and you need the buildings addons from the link under it smile_o.gif

(thats not the BxBx SGC though)

before millions say its nothing like the pics on thier site lol

ps

The Puddle Jumpers Looking good,

but the readme kinda sounds like people cant even use it in a video confused_o.gif

that version of the SGC is avalible dude

its on here http://www.ofp-sgc.com/content/blogcategory/14/18/

its the mission called "Stargate Command"

and you need the buildings addons from the link under it smile_o.gif

(thats not the BxBx SGC though)

before millions say its nothing like the pics on thier site lol

ps

The Puddle Jumpers Looking good,

but the readme kinda sounds like people cant even use it in a video  confused_o.gif

it is not bxbx

it's colonel well Area-SGC tounge2.gif me tounge2.gif

Yip I'm pretty sure it's Colonel Well's Stargate Command. I'm currently using it as a base for a mission but then I remembered after reading all the posts about other people's material I thought I would be stupid if I didn't ask you before using your creative work.

@ Colonel Wells....Would it be ok if I took your SG command mission file and merge it with a different Island (Lost Brothers Southern Sinai Island), then use it as a basis for a mission?

If that's possible I know I'm pretty new to mission making but I have a few team mates to help me however I've been the only one tracking the progress of the Stargate addons and I don't understand how to script and add commands to make sure the gates work how I would like them to within the mission, therefore I probably would need help as I've already come across one problem I don't understand.

If I'm not allowed to do anything or you wouldn't like me to then I would happily stop all work I have on the mission and scrap it.

Thanx

ATC Rogue.

Yip I'm pretty sure it's Colonel Well's Stargate Command. I'm currently using it as a base for a mission but then I remembered after reading all the posts about other people's material I thought I would be stupid if I didn't ask you before using your creative work.

@ Colonel Wells....Would it be ok if I took your SG command mission file and merge it with a different Island (Lost Brothers Southern Sinai Island), then use it as a basis for a mission?

If that's possible I know I'm pretty new to mission making but I have a few team mates to help me however I've been the only one tracking the progress of the Stargate addons and I don't understand how to script and add commands to make sure the gates work how I would like them to within the mission, therefore I probably would need help as I've already come across one problem I don't understand.

If I'm not allowed to do anything or you wouldn't like me to then I would happily stop all work I have on the mission and scrap it.

Thanx

ATC Rogue.

welcome.giftounge2.gif

you can make what you want with my Aera-sgc and stargatecommande , if you have ideas for add addons in the sgc-base , do it ! notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

I think it's a god way to modifie and edit my area-sgc , because everybody can have good ideas for make a nice sgc-base wink_o.gif

yay.gif

I've used your SG Command mission as I mentioned and moved the outside stargate to another location, however when I start off in the SGC and try to dial the other gate I get the error :

'(sg_gates select(_num1)select|#| 1 select 2 == sg_gates select(((_this select 2)+1)-countSGaction)select 1 select 2)': Error Zero division.

Does anyone know what it means or how to fix it?

I've used your SG Command mission as I mentioned and moved the outside stargate to another location, however when I start off in the SGC and try to dial the other gate I get the error :

'(sg_gates select(_num1)select|#| 1 select 2 == sg_gates select(((_this select 2)+1)-countSGaction)select 1 select 2)': Error Zero division.

Does anyone know what it means or how to fix it?

try stargate mod rc4 wink_o.gif

I just checked and I am running the rc4 mod huh.gif

Edit :- I just thought I'd add that I'm attempting to make a multiplayer mission so I'm using the stargate v1.1 and a DHD that works with it (sorry I can't be more specific as I'm lost as to which versions of what file I've now got). I don't know if that info helps but I'm assuming the rc4 file was only for the stargate version 1.2 so technically it wouldn't matter if I had it in my res/addons folder or not.

The readme says nothing about my problem

Had you read the readme you wouldn't have the problem... icon_rolleyes.gif

The readme says nothing about my problem

not specifically, but if you read the readme, you'd know to put the description file in your mission folder

I would recommend using a flight stick, seems like it helps the most. I can fly at full speed a few feet off the ground and go through the gate...If I fly with the keyboard, I'm screwed smile_o.gif

Will the next bxbx gate pack incorporate this manual gate dialing? I kinda hope they don't, unless they also keep their automatic gate DHD. It seems good for missions where you want the whole SG experience , but not for just playing around.

Just wondering, has anyone used the Homelan map for any SG missions? The Stargate world map seems to lag on my comp sad_o.gif And thats kinda weird since I can play Half-life 2 on high res...

I would recommend using a flight stick, seems like it helps the most. I can fly at full speed a few feet off the ground and go through the gate...If I fly with the keyboard, I'm screwed smile_o.gif

Will the next bxbx gate pack incorporate this manual gate dialing? I kinda hope they don't, unless they also keep their automatic gate DHD. It seems good for missions where you want the whole SG experience , but not for just playing around.

Just wondering, has anyone used the Homelan map for any SG missions? The Stargate world map seems to lag on my comp sad_o.gif And thats kinda weird since I can play Half-life 2 on high res...

I can fly just fine with the keyboard, but...a puddle jumper with extended pods doesnt fit through the stargate. The end.

If you dont like the manual dialing, I would stick with 1.1, they arent that different. I, on the other hand, like memorizing the addresses like a true SG geek

I just checked and I am running the rc4 mod  huh.gif

Edit :- I just thought I'd add that I'm attempting to make a multiplayer mission so I'm using the stargate v1.1 and a DHD that works with it (sorry I can't be more specific as I'm lost as to which versions of what file I've now got). I don't know if that info helps but I'm assuming the rc4 file was only for the stargate version 1.2 so technically it wouldn't matter if I had it in my res/addons folder or not.

put in your mission folder the "description.ext" file wink_o.gif

Hi all !

I have a little question about wormhole animation :

when the  earth stargate  is in  a building ( like Area-Sgc )  , and when i dialing it , the gate don't work after event horizon , no wormhole and no travel to the next offworld stargate

someone have the same probleme ?   huh.gif  

who can help me to fix this bug ? banghead.gif

i think its a Object Proximity thing its a crazy little bug (although kinda cool to)

if you dial an earth gate (inside a building OR outside)

then go drop something on the ramp

i walk up to worm hole then select binoculars then i drop them (right next to the event horizon) then walk away

after doing this, your chances of the gate transporting you are 0% and the gate will Stay open for 38 mins

wich is megga authentic

weird though how it wont let you through untill you pic up the binocs then step through

Quote[/b] ]I just checked and I am running the rc4 mod  

If your using 1.1 then that is your version, the RC's are for v1.2.

Unfortunatly if your experiencing a bug with v1.1 then you can't get any help as its no longer supported by DSF, thus the release of the 1.2 gate.

You'll just have to wait for the 1.3 mp gate.