Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

I dont know if anyone has asked this yet, they probably have, but could you make the stargate large enough to fit tanks and helicopters in it? That would add more possibilities for missions and such.

I read the Readme, but I never did that scripting so much before. Only things like setunitpos or something like that. I build in my own music in some mods. I never knew, that the SQS must not be written in a .sqs data.

But However it works now

No.

Because the stargates aren't that big.

Supergates not withstanding.

Bad news people, a majority vote held within DSF Productions has caused us to withdraw our participation in the StarGate mod.

From this point all DSF Production SG related projects have been cancelled, this includes: The StarGate, Rings, Promethus, Dadalus and Ancient Cloak.

I'll still be working on the gates myself but updates will be slower due to the loss of man power.

Bad news people, a majority vote held within DSF Productions has caused us to withdraw our participation in the StarGate mod.

From this point all DSF Production SG related projects have been cancelled, this includes: The StarGate, Rings, Promethus, Dadalus and Ancient Cloak.

I'll still be working on the gates myself but updates will be slower due to the loss of man power.

Will there be a Multi version 1.2 release ? huh.gif

Mind to tell us the reasons why they voted against it? The website is currently down so I can't see if it was posted in the forum there.

Hopefully this stargate mod will reach at least multiplayer compatibility someday before a new game is out. confused_o.gif

You think you could enlighten us a little as to why? Too much work? Dilution of the mod source material?

Just saying you had a vote on it makes the decision seem a little...well...selfish. confused_o.gif

Personally though, I just hope you finish the gates. I had no idea you were even making the other addons.

There's only so much whining any of us can take.

We've tried to be patient with all the stupid questions, all the "ZOMG THIS DUZUNT WURK! I NO U SED IT DUZUNT BUT IM TELLING U NEWAY INCAES U WER RONG ABOUT IT NOT WROKING!!!" posts, and all the "Can you add X because without X it will really suck and X is what'd make it good!!!" when X is some stupid little vanity feature.

I'm not sure why the website's down- we still have other projects unrelated to the gate that should be listed.

I'm going to leave it down for now though until I get further instructions.

The server's still responsive and is now running the other sites that are totally unrelated to OFP again.

I'd say "majority ote" wasn't quite right the right way to word it, though.

I'd go with "unanimous decision"

Edit:

I'll change the site back to the placeholder site and reenable those forums and stick the current forum DB up.

As for reenabling the whole site with all the flash and downlaods and stuff, that's still not going to happen for a while.

Quote[/b] ]Bad news people, a majority vote held within DSF Productions has caused us to withdraw our participation in the StarGate mod.

sad_o.gif

:'( you guys break my heart :'(

but i understand perfectly... but about those other addons did u guys already start on those or not? cuze if u did u could send the things youve got to walmis or bxbx... if theyre interested....

truly a sad day for fans

but i gota say thanks for your work/time/effort

you've done an amazing job so far

it is a time consuming job,

and its about time you took a break biggrin_o.gif

nothing worse than noticing its 6am, when you started at 9pm

ofp sure does make to many hours fly :'(

:'( you guys break my heart :'(

but i understand perfectly... but about those other addons did u guys already start on those or not? cuze if u did u could send the things youve got to walmis or bxbx... if theyre interested....

We have code or models for all the projects previously listed.

Walmis, re your earlier message...

I don't have a problem with n00bs.

It's retarded n00bs that I can't tolerate.

Ahh too bad, your work was looking pretty nice.

But i dont really agree with the "Noob" remark, it's true there are a lot of stupid questions being asked in this thread because people are having problems with the gate, however as you guys stated it's a beta and there are many bugs still needing "squashing" wink_o.gif so offcourse people are going to have problems and asking you for advice on them!

Every mature mod-team knows this is a big part of their work and it's just how it is for any mod, not just stargate/sci-fi as most people will tell you on this forum. (seems many freaks think OFP should just be for military addons and no other themes)

Dont forget the readme was also incorrect/incomplete causing many people not to get it right the first time!

A Shame you guys are stopping your SG modwork, thanks for the effort and good luck on your future projects.

Ahh too bad, your work was looking pretty nice.

But i dont really agree with the "Noob" remark, it's true there are a lot of stupid questions being asked in this thread because people are having problems with the gate, however as you guys stated it's a beta and there are many bugs still needing "squashing" wink_o.gif so offcourse people are going to have problems and asking you for advice on them!

Every mature mod-team knows this is a big part of their work and it's just how it is for any mod, not just stargate/sci-fi as most people will tell you on this forum. (seems many freaks think OFP should just be for military addons and no other themes)

Dont forget the readme was also incorrect/incomplete causing many people not to get it right the first time!

A Shame you guys are stopping your SG modwork, thanks for the effort and good luck on your future projects.

What he said. One should ignore the whining and not let it get to oneself...

hé crionyk ,  tu as  des infos sur la progression du boulot de Walmis sur le puddle jumper ?

guys stick with english plz wink_o.gif

ok, sorry , it's just little french tounge2.gif

OK here's a question I'm sure most of you will be able to answer. I've downloaded a stargate command mission and required addons after visiting the operation flashpoint stargate community website. The work done is stunning and I want to write a mission for mp, now my question, with all the versions of various stargate mods and addons, is there anyway I can get a stable multiplayer mission using a selection of the released addons, if so which addons do I need? Sorry for sounding like a bit of a noob but the only way to stop sounding like a noob is to gain knowledge.

Cheers.

ATC Rogue.