Sign in to follow this  
fingolfin

A flag for Everon

Hello!

Inspired by Ironsights great EDF-soldiers I started to make a flag for Everon. After a few hours work I've finished two differnet versions and leave the choise to you. The winner will be used on the EDF-units I think...

Flag 1: green-white-green

Flag 1: green-white-blue

Flag 2

I tried to use animals and objects that could be somehow connected to the islands, like eagles, fishes and firtrees.

There are two version of flag one, because the NAFP already uses a green-white-green flag for Nogova.

I vote for flag #1 in blue-white-blue or black-white-blue colours.

Guest The Cobra

Green-white-green.

Green white blue looks a bit strange, it just doesn't connect to eachother...

Nice work

smile_o.gif

wasn't the nafp's flag for all the islands for the repbulic of M.E.N?

Hm... not sure, but the forces Ironsight is making have no connection to Nogova or NAF so they need a new flag.

Hi,

Due to the predominantly French place names of Everon, I would expect to see some reflection of that in the flag either by incorporation of the republican colours red, white and blue (added advantage of being representative of the Czech background suggested by the resistance names), or alternatively by incorporation of older royal elements like the fleur-de-lis into the flag.

Regards,

Sander

wasn't the nafp's flag for all the islands for the repbulic of M.E.N?

Hm... not sure, but the forces Ironsight is making have no connection to Nogova or NAF so they need a new flag.

lol...and judging how there isn't a NAFP ...it shouldn't really matter.. tounge2.gif

Very nice, although we have a flag for the Republic of Nogova (Nogovo?)

I like the first one best, green has always been Nogova's color.

hm... i think Green-white-blue looks ok, though im not 100% sure...

Green for the nature

White for what?

blue for the ocean...

im not quite happy with the blue color... blue is ok, but that blue color is.... wrong...

also as someone mentioned, the blue and green isnt quite working together imho... but that might be becouse the very dark blue...

and i have a question to top everything of...

what is the main source of income for Everon?

is it fishing? or do they got a lot of valuebal minerals in the mountains? maybe diamonds or some other valubal mineral..

the green - white - green flag is also very nice...

actueally a bit better then the one with blue...

Guest The Cobra
...White for what?...

Peace?

smile_o.gif

Green-white-green, but I think that cross looks a bit strange there... I didn't know Everon is a pro-christian state?

Guest The Cobra
Green-white-green, but I think that cross looks a bit strange there... I didn't know Everon is a pro-christian state?

Yeah... Whats up about that?

Maybe take that away... But keep the fishes since Everon could easiely fit in on a nation there people make money on fishing smile_o.gif

wow thats really weird, i thought i was going to have an unpopular opinion with choosing green-white-green! i'd keep the cross, i think the gold of the cross goes well with the gold of the island, and makes the flag seem more realistic (ie, it references the people of everon)

Quote[/b] ]colossus Posted on Aug. 03 2005,12:40

Very nice, although we have a flag for the Republic of Nogova (Nogovo?)

I like the first one best, green has always been Nogova's color.

these flags are supposed to be for everon! icon_rolleyes.gif

Too quick to post and too little time to edit, sry.

It's great that we both have a national flag and a county flag (or whatever you want to call it),

the only thing left now is Malden's flag and a national song biggrin_o.gif

*clears throught*

lets see here...

(-) Cross - count how many Christian churches there is on the island. the cross seems to fit more with Nagova not Everon.

(-) Wreath - looks a llitle like the Charlie Brown x-mas tree, its missing a few leaves/there too spaced out

(/) Fish - eh, you could put fish netting or fishing poles somewhere instead of fish, but the fish hit me kind of odd. especially with the cross next to it.

(+) Color - very good selection

(Other) Shield - that will be a hassle to get make it look good in OFP, don't blow up your computer if it looks wierd.

(Other) Shield - Ah, found a good spot for fish netting, between the inside and outside of the shield. there you can remove the fish. they really hit me as odd, i don't know why.

(Other) the map of everon - why don't you mix the 1st and 2nd flag together by putting that tree in the middle instead of the map. that messes with my head too.

(Other) Shield - back top the shield, did you want it to be centored, because it isn't or are you making it look like the Slovakian flag?

Its a good... start *braces for a mob*

...but it just needs a little more tender loving care. But, thats what i think. you don't have to change it just because of a suggestion, its your work.

nr 2 cuz blue stands for the sea arround the island!

bloody excellent idea btw!!!! yay.gif

The first one I prefer, the blue looks extremely outta place, and the last one (In the vote-listing I mean tounge2.gif) doesn't look right, it's got to much empty space (IMHO)

That said, their all well made thumbs-up.gif

- Ben

Thank to for all comments! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](-) Cross - count how many Christian churches there is on the island. the cross seems to fit more with Nagova not Everon.

Every church on the BIS-islands is christian. So the cross would fit on every flag...

Quote[/b] ](-) Wreath - looks a llitle like the Charlie Brown x-mas tree, its missing a few leaves/there too spaced out

Took me three hours to make it. I won't make a new one... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Fish - eh, you could put fish netting or fishing poles somewhere instead of fish, but the fish hit me kind of odd. especially with the cross next to it.

I know the fish is a very christian symbol, but that's not the reason why I choose it. Look at Everon, there are no industries and only a few farms. Fishing seems to be the biggest source of income.

Btw I didn't choose the cross because I do believe in god. I don't. I'm an atheist, but I think people on such an small island will be quite religious.

Quote[/b] ](Other) Shield - Ah, found a good spot for fish netting, between the inside and outside of the shield. there you can remove the fish. they really hit me as odd, i don't know why.

I thought about putting 18 fleur-de-lis into the empty place between the shields for the 18 town on Everon.

I just don't see what you don't like about the fish... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ](Other) the map of everon - why don't you mix the 1st and 2nd flag together by putting that tree in the middle instead of the map. that messes with my head too.

If I would add the fir to the first flag it would show to much nature imo.

To everyone complaining about the blue. It's no problem to change it to a lighter blue. I just liked that dark blue. wink_o.gif

I wasn't sure that I would have given all the island the same patterns in the flags, but as a inspiring test I decided to make a Malden flag.

Malden flag

The halberd is a bit pixelated but as I said this is a test flag.

I decided to go for a Orthodox cross instead of the regular one since I have seen some orthodox churches on Everon and Malden.

It says it's a chapel on the map though.

PS: Sorry if I can't use some of the objects in the flag,

I'll delete it at once.

EDIT: BTW, I think your first flag (green-white-green) should be the offical Everon flag from now on thumbs-up.gif

I wasn't sure that I would have given all the island the same patterns in the flags, but as a inspiring test I decided to make a Malden flag.

Malden flag

The halberd is a bit pixelated but as I said this is a test flag.

I decided to go for a Orthodox cross instead of the regular one since I have seen some orthodox churches on Everon and Malden.

It says it's a chapel on the map though.

PS: Sorry if I can't use some of the objects in the flag,

I'll delete it at once.

EDIT: BTW, I think your first flag (green-white-green) should be the offical Everon flag from now on thumbs-up.gif

Nice one! smile_o.gif

About the cross: It's kind of strange. The towns have french-sounding names and the churches have orthodox crosses. It don't seem to fit anyway... crazy_o.gif

I don't know what runned through the minds of the creators when they made the town names, but if you listen to the people in OFP: Resistance it sounds a bit like they speak english with russian accent. So since that was the case I figured out that Russian/Eastern Orthodox was what the majority beleived in. Either before 1985 or after, which explains the other types of churches on the islands.

EDIT: Besides, this could be from there history. Slovakia for example has a similar cross on there flag but just about 4 % are Orthodox.