Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

T-90 and T-80U RELEASED!!!

While in an APC rear heading into combat , do you sit gazing into the eyes of the AI across from you?

If you name is Tim you do...

man... when you know how weak points of abrams you can do easely, you can destroy it from 1 round, when fired into abrams ammo storage place at the end of it's turret, at least i did this with old sigma's T-72 pack tanks with apfds rounds wink_o.gif

maybe not one round, have to check it again, remind my abrams killing tactics... wink_o.gif

in the 1991 desert storm, iraq, T-72 managed to knock(not destroy) out M1A1 abrams with heat round(abrams became not functional)... have a vid...

Was that the T72 hiding that struck the M1 in the rear disabling the powerpack??

While in an APC rear heading into combat , do you sit gazing into the eyes of the AI across from you?

If you name is Tim you do...

ROFLMFAO !! rofl.gif

A short look at new addons. It could be see that authors made a lot of hard work and mostly made very good job. But there are, as always, few flaws.

T90

hull

- front hull lights swapped; IR light FG125 (used as aid for passive driver NV) should be on the left (looking from front), shielded light on the right

- side skirts near engine exhaust should have different shape (skirts upper edge is sloped there)

- engine exhaust is too narrow (in model it is similar in dimensions to oval exhaust of T90s with stronger engine)

- no sign of skirt division

- there is something wrong with front sides-wheels-additional armour plates proportion, just compare with drawings from Fofanov page

http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/MBT/t-90_line.gif

- if you get in as driver and turn your head (internal look) right you will see "crazy" clock when driving wink_o.gif

turret

- normal light near gunner night sight; there should be IR light

- mentioned above light is too far from turret front; should be circa in level with gunner night optics

- both right and left K5 ERA pannels between main gun and Shtora emiters are too big and have wrong shape

http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/IMAGES/t-90001.jpg

(right one - when looking from front of vehicle - is too high and little too narrow; left one should be two times narrower and not as high as now)

- Shtora emiters look strange a bit, too many "nets"; should be, erm, black (or even a little red)

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T90/?img=T90_10.jpg

http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/MBT/t-90s2.jpg

http://jedsite.info/tanks....001.jpg

- Shtora emiters too small; also all instalation should looks more like rectangle than square

- interesting, while both Shtora emiters are open, two laser detectors above main gun are closed; and there are no other two laser detectors (should be near hatches at turret roof, one could be seen on pic below)

http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/IMAGES/t-90001.jpg

- wrong shape of gunner day sight shield (too "sharp", there is strange slope on back of it)

- wrong shape and dimension (too small) of gunner night sight shield

- very simplified turret hatches textures

(f.e. commander hatch look like this from outside

http://mukhin.vif2.ru/tankalbom/T-80/10.jpg

and inside

http://www.kotsch88.de/feuerleit/t-72/kdt-luke%20t-72.jpg )

- I am not sure but OVPT seems to be to narrow

(just compare with those from T80BV)

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T80/T80U_B.jpg

- there are only 10 902B smoke grenade launchers - should be 12

varia

- very, very long reloading when changing ammo type

- 35 HEAT + 35 APFSDS + 8 ATGM = 78 rounds; and T90 have only 43 rounds (or 42 in T90s of the last series)

- in my Polish OFP version 9M119 looks strange in menu action, some problem with both "M" letters

- HEAT ammo seems to be overpowered against BIS and INQ M1s

- antimissile protection is working - but it seems like there is no difference between LAW and TOW hit. Even very strong missile hit can do nothing against the tank... even from behind while number off ERA cells on T90 is limited. IMHO better if ERA protection was simulated by increasing tank HP (Armor) and "survivability" (armorstructural) than scripting - because now ERA works like APS Arena.

T80U (cito)

hull

- front light swapped - just like in case of T90

- some very strange "structure" on both sides, above skirts

t80u6kn.th.jpg

what is it?? I could not see it on any pic or drawings

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/T80/T80U_B.jpg

turret

- again, gunner day sight has wrong shape

- a little too small smoke grenade launchers

- 78 rounds instead of 45...

orson

Just get in BIS M1A1, then in INQ M1A2 and see the difference... you got right, there is no need of working interior. But it is nice feature if model is detailed and good.

King Homer

Yes, HEATs are overpowered, but probably because of your addon armour system (AFAIR developed to force crews to bail out before tank blow). It was good enough BIS or RHS tanks, but not against ORCS T72Bs and that new T80s and T90s, with probably no mass and velocity difference between APFSDS and HEAT rounds, which make their 600-750 DIRDMG too much deadly against SEP. OTOH APFSDS round from the latest release seems to have good values; 3BM42M is superior than f.e. 3BM42, more lethal, accurate and barrel friendly.

Gedis

Do you think that Abramses have more weak spots than T72s, T90 and T80s? Important is balance between addons, some paramaters simulation that make one tank statisticaly easier prey for another than the other. KO SEP with two HEATs while T90s can survive multiple TOW hits is an absurd.

So, next addon that looks good, have some nice features and scipts - and is a little useful when someone is looking for realistic tank battles. There are no Western counterparts for the newest Russian tank addons. Hope that RHS would release something more balanced.

Respect that one very good review notworthy.gif

STGN

Don't know about scripts used in this, but here's an old Arena script that intercepts unguided missiles in addition to the guided missiles...

It's not completely finished, but gives an idea on how it could be achieved... smile_o.gif

cool! you are amazing! i'm/was and will be giving abrams a winning possition, not because my oppinion, because others, all think that T-80/90 are so deep shit, that... wink_o.gif

you defenetly should be a tester of pre-release addons biggrin_o.gif

abrams has quite easy hitting weak spots, when T-90 more hidden and less reachable, i think... i should recheck that...

but leclerk is complete absurd, so many weak points, you can't even imagine... wink_o.gif

review is great!!!

P.S. basic T-90 models don't have Arena-E, only Shtora, which works like this: enemy's tank gunner fires laser, shtora emediatly lauches smoke grenades with some other things in it, and then laser finder can't calculate accurate range of target, then T-90 changes his possition while smoke grenades are hidding it from laser... (thought it is still visible with thermal imaging, but no accurate fireing is not possible)

but, there are versions with Arena-E. it comes with Shtora, two things on one tank, one is from laser range finder, another from ATGM

It is probably one of the best tested addon by community - see comments at flashpoint.ru forum wink_o.gif Next version would be released soon, I guess.

where? can't find in the forum... smile_o.gif

even when i understand russian...

em... i should register there, though i like russian vehicles...

P.S. Przezdzieblo, i thought you didn't saw shtora full system bug, there should be 6 laser detectors... but dam! you saw it...

It is probably one of the best tested addon by community - see comments at flashpoint.ru forum wink_o.gif Next version would be released soon, I guess.

Hopefully with the most small bugs and errors corrected smile_o.gif

*me can't wait*

whenever i try to download it from flashpoint.ru, all i get is a readme huh.gif

thanks loads for that as I only got a readme file as well and I am completly addicted to all T-tanks. These ones do look amazing but are not without their bugs

New updated version released smile_o.gif

too late! it was released yesterday...

em, where do you put snorkel? because my tank stucks in water...

i see that you updated ammo names, reloading time, added fire extinguishers...

why you removed lights? because i can't see small red lights from back...

For e.g , while in combat , do you sit in the commanders chair , viewing the interior through 1st person , or are you using commander 3rd person and optics ?

While in an APC rear heading into combat , do you sit gazing into the eyes of the AI across from you or do you view the action and the surrounding world via 3rd person ?

1. The 1st person+optics, in real world you cannot look from a third person. And some servers don't even allow 3rd person. Plus the 3rd person commander's view rotates like hell, making the poor commander feel dizzy.

2. Sit and gaze the face, or if possible, try to look out from windows. In a M113 you could see something (=sky) from the gunner's pit.

That's like when you feel the exitement when you sit in the higgins boat or a Huey and try to see what's around and hope "don't let it be me"

Ahh, anyways, the tanks look great, going to go swimming with 'em now.

I wish if model were so accurate (in shape) as SeaDemons T72B... just compare T90 and T72B turrets and see the art of those second model.

Still playing with it wink_o.gif

King Homer,

Do you realy think your SEPs are better? I tryed with 1xT-80U(with basic experience and ranking) against 4xSEPs (with maximum experience and ranking)

whole abrams platoon was in smoke, as for me, being a tank commander, for this crazy and heroic action, i would be reworded by the medals...

though i did same thing with T-90, more esyer than with T-80U  nener.gif

so let the tank battle knowledge be with me! wink_o.gif

And i start to think that T tanks are over powered, compared with sigs T-72, i found it very difficult to destroy SEPs, but i did it, now, with these tanks i'm one against at least 4 and i do it very easly, strange, i didn't expected that...

but i like hard training and work... so i hope rhs tanks will be correct in every part...

Przezdzieblo,

T-72B and T-90 turrets have to be different a bit, not because of T-90's ERA plates, but because of basic turret armor is also increased...

P.S. how to cross out this last phrase about turrets? I checked, it's not truth... wink_o.gif