Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

Keeping in mind the good old logistics question that AKM brought up, I'd go for MG's and assault rifles that chamber the same ammo (7,62 x 51 mm). As a country with few resources it would be practical to keep the different ammotypes to a minimum.

Same should be applied to sidearms and SMG's. It would be best to stick with 9 x 19 mm for both.

So here's my suggestion (keeping in mind that the status of the Sig-540 is still unkown and that NAFP are still going):

- HMG: MG3  (7,62 x 51 mm)

- LMG: Bren L4A4 (7,62 x 51 mm)

- Assaultrifle: G3 - SG1 variant for marksman  (7,62 x 51 mm)

- GL: HK79 40 mm grenadlauncher

- SMG: Sterling  (9 x 19 mm)

- Handgun: SIG-Sauer P220 (9 x 19 mm)

Alternatively:

A second loadout possibility (some mentioned previously):

- HMG: Same as above or below

- LMG: HK21 (7,62 x 51 mm)

- Assault rifle: IMI Galil AR and IMI Galil ARM - Also a scoped variant for marksman (7,62 x 51 mm)

- GL: M79 "Blooper" 40 mm grenadelauncher

- SMG: UZI  (9 x 19 mm)

- Handgun: Beretta (9 x 19 mm)

A third loadout possibility is (some of which NAFP are making):

- HMG: FN MAG (7,62 x 51 mm)

- LMG: FN FAL with modified barrel - Canadian or Argentine version (7,62 x 51 mm)

- Assault rifle: FN FAL and FN FAL Para - Also a scoped variant for marksman (7,62 x 51 mm)

- GL: Rifle grenade

- SMG: M3A1  (9 x 19 mm)

- Handgun: Browning HP  (9 x 19 mm)

Any which one that is chosen, you're still keeping it down to 2 main ammotypes (7,62 x 51 mm and 9 x 19 mm)

Quote[/b] ]- HMG: MG3  (7,62 x 51 mm)

- Assaultrifle: G3 - SG1 variant for marksman  (7,62 x 51 mm)

That looks good IMO. The only thing I'd change would be the Sterling. I'd give them a G3KA4 for crew etc etc as its used a lot by less modern countries and stays with the G3/MG3 concept.

I posted a pic before of this but I still think its a good choice

The 2nd loadout though...

Isnt the HK21 (and I think it'd be the HK21E for any export) a bit on the expensive side? And would you really have an M79 or an Uzi when you can afford weapons like HK21's?

The HK-21 series of GPMG is a superb weapon according to many sources, but it is also an expensive one. I don't think it'd be a feasible weapon for a low-budget nation-state, considering that at least one GPMG traditionally goes to a platoon (M-240G/B, whichever designation, usage in the US Army, for example), or one per squad, as is often seen in Flashpoint.

I suggest the following:

Alt 1:

MMG: L7A2 GPMG/FN Mag

LMG: L4A4 Bren

AR: L1A1 SLR/FN Fal

SMG: L2A3 Sterling

HG: L9A1 Browning HP

Alt2:

MMG: Rheinmetall MG3

AR: HK G3A3

SMG: UZI MP2A1

HG: HK P7

Alt3:

LMG: Stoner M63A

AR: Armalite AR18

SMG: Beretta M12

HG: Beretta 92

But basically I belive that any combination of somewhat older and affordable weapons that keeps the number of different

ammunition types down could be realistic.

Not really regarding the load-out, but more regarding the soldiers: could it be possible to add different types of headgear? Right now most of the EDF soldiers carry 'plain' helmets, but it would also be neat to add goggles/camo to their helmets (not all of them, just a few soldiers) I think... Or add a few carrying berets/hats instead of helmets... This would create some diversity among the soldiers...Just a suggestion though... wink_o.gif

Not really regarding the load-out, but more regarding the soldiers: could it be possible to add different types of headgear? Right now most of the EDF soldiers carry 'plain' helmets, but it would also be neat to add goggles/camo to their helmets (not all of them, just a few soldiers) I think... Or add a few carrying berets/hats instead of helmets... This would create some diversity among the soldiers...Just a suggestion though... wink_o.gif

New headgear will be added in the next version of the infantry. Look back a few pages and you will see boonie's, baseball caps and watchcaps. Goggles are planned for "elite" soldiers smile_o.gif

- HMG: MG3  (7,62 x 51 mm)

- Assaultrifle: FN Fal (7,62 x 51 mm)

This would be ace.

Edit - phoenixes template, agreeing with everything except the rifle, Fal's for everybody wink_o.gif

Erm.. Do the EDF team actually have a loadout in mind? Cos these are getting a little repetative.. Sorry guys huh.gif

I think you should just stick to pretty much the same loadouts the old guys had. If people want to customize the loadouts, they could alter them themselves.

After they made all the weapons of course wink_o.gif

New headgear will be added in the next version of the infantry. Look back a few pages and you will see boonie's, baseball caps and watchcaps. Goggles are planned for "elite" soldiers smile_o.gif

That's great! Exactly what I meant! I also noticed that you're actually adding some vehicles? Well, I had a very small suggestion for the EDF to use as a vehicle; the V100 armored car perhaps? It would really fit the EDF I think. Here are some pictures:

http://sunsite.tus.ac.jp/pub....0-2.gif

http://talalchouman.com/35th%20scale%20models/V-100/V100-017.jpg

http://sunsite.tus.ac.jp/pub....0-1.gif

Of course, the addon maker should decide wink_o.gif

Is MG-3 really fit for the HMG role? huh.gif

It fires the 7.62 round and Ironshight would have to make the MG-3 in tripod version because a machinegun firing 7.62mm round with a bibod can hardly be considered as HMG.

I would think M2HB .50cal Browning or DShK would fit into that role better and they both have a reason to be on the island. tounge2.gif

That's great! Exactly what I meant! I also noticed that you're actually adding some vehicles? Well, I had a very small suggestion for the EDF to use as a vehicle; the V100 armored car perhaps? It would really fit the EDF I think. Here are some pictures:

http://sunsite.tus.ac.jp/pub....0-2.gif

http://talalchouman.com/35th%20scale%20models/V-100/V100-017.jpg

http://sunsite.tus.ac.jp/pub....0-1.gif

Of course, the addon maker should decide wink_o.gif

We already have an APC, the UR-416. I thought for a while about the V100 but I don't think we will make one. Here's a list of ground vehicles that we started on or planning to make:

MBT: AMX-13

APC: UR-416

Jeep: KIA KM38 series

Boat: MKIII Patrol boat

Chopper: UH1H

About the firearms, all suggestions will be taken into consideration. And we hope to present a final firearms list very soon smile_o.gif

The MG3 is a universal machinegun.. it can serve as a heavy machinegun, crew served machinegun, light machinegun, anti aircraft machinegun... I'm wondering if roles would be better read 'Light machinegun' and 'SAW', tho.

I know it is serving in all those roles but to be considered as an HMG it still would have to be on a tripod, would it?

This is what I'm saying.. I'm wondering if the weapon classes for EDF shouldn't be 'lmg' and 'saw' rather than heavy vs. light machineguns.

edit: and not classes in a programming sense.

People are confusing the roles of "heavy" and "light" MGs. These don't really apply so much to weight as to role. Nowadays, the distinction is not as clear and tends to denote large caliber automatic weapons (which themselves blur the line between the traditional distinction between heavy machine gun and automatic cannon).

A heavy machine gun used to be tripod mounted, not very portable, water-cooled and used in the sustained fire role at long range. A light machine-gun was lighter, more mobile but not as capable of sustained fire. An excellent example would be the water-cooled and air-cooled Brownings used by the U.S. during WWII. The former was a HMG while the latter was a LMG (although hardly a lightweight).

The Germans turned this system on its head by developing the first general purpose machine gun in the MG34, which could easily adapt to either role.

The M-240 is a GPMG (LMG role in-game), the M-249 is a LMG(the term SAW being more particular to American OOBs and small unit structure), and the M2HB is a HMG. This is not because of the calibers, but because of their roles.

You said what I was thinking, akd. From my familiarity with machineguns, what I see as a modern measure (At least in the Canadian Forces) is that:

Automatic Rifles were things like the L4 BREN (Also called a LMG), C-2, or RPK.

Lightmachineguns are things like the M-249 SAW,

Medium Machineguns / General Purpose Machineguns really came into their own with the introduction of the MG-34 and MG-42, and include such weapons as the FN-MAG/58, which may also be equipped with Sustained Fire Gear to include spare barrels, optical sights, tripods, and the like.

Heavy machineguns used to be things like watercooled Brownings, as akd mentioned. Nowadays with SF kit available for most GPMGs / MMGs, the easiest rule of thumb to follow is that "It is an HMG if it slings 12.7 or larger" rounds. The HMG as we know it was designed to kill lightly armoured vehicles, the KPV 14.5mm for example, being able to punch through both sides of an M-113 APC at ~1.5 kilometers, and the M-2HB being able to rip into a BMP's flank or top from as much as ~1.2 kilometers away.

An MMG is not an HMG and a LMG most certainly isn't an HMG.

Instead of multiple antitank systems (Some ATGMs and RPG-7esque systems would be needed I imagine,) heavy machineguns could also be used; examples being the OFrP M-2. Unfortunately Flashpoint does not allow proper armour penetration, etc, so the HMG becomes in essention, an antipersonnel / light vehicle tool rather than being used in it's true roles.

Ironsight: Good to hear, looking forward to news of more progress, as always.

Are you guys considering a heavy troop transport truck? Like a Ural or M138, etc... Just curious. Once again, mod looks great. Really love playing with these units. smile_o.gif

Are you guys considering a heavy troop transport truck? Like a Ural or M138, etc... Just curious. Once again, mod looks great. Really love playing with these units. smile_o.gif

There will be one but not yet decided upon wink_o.gif

Our KIA KM38 series is almost finished:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101....MG]

The KM38 will be included in the next pack with some other variants smile_o.gif

The KM38 will be included in the next pack with some other variants  smile_o.gif

Just two questions:

When will it be released?

And do you already have someone to make 1 or 2 demo missions for the pack. I will be kind enough to do that if you don't have anybody icon_rolleyes.gif Just send me a PM if you need me.

The KM38 will be included in the next pack with some other variants smile_o.gif

Just two questions:

When will it be released?

And do you already have someone to make 1 or 2 demo missions for the pack. I will be kind enough to do that if you don't have anybody icon_rolleyes.gif Just send me a PM if you need me.

No date has been set for release but I don't think it should take too long wink_o.gif

I'll contact you if we need some missions wink_o.gif