Sign in to follow this  
SHWiiNG

What are you going to do?

Install it reading the manual and box obessively. Jumping up and down. Running around the house a few times waiting for it to reach 99%. Once at 99% I will not breathe until it completes 100%.

I will then set up all the graphics, controls and everything. Admire the startup sequence. Recheck I have enough food and drink to survive for 4 days in my room.

I will then play a single mission most likely, just to see how it works, loading times etc. See how many new things I can spot. I will then start converting all my missions over and making many many new ones. Hopefully with full documentation :P

I will then join the wankers on Zeus and play it with them for another 4 years.

I think I'm just gonna drop when I get the box in my hands. after I've been revived I'll probably try to install the game with my shaking hands biggrin_o.gif

maybe I'll just sit tight and play for a few weeks to get over the sweet rush of euforia tounge2.gif

If theres a mission editor I'm going to send two armoured columns at eachother, sit back, crack open a beer and watch the fireworks, honestly I may shed a tear.

lol. or if your really obsessive, you could have a 'spring clean' everything non essential to OFP '2' will be put into the loft, so alls that lft will be the fridge alongside a computer with copy of the game, and alongside that will be a bed.. tada!!! yay.gif

IM GONNA THROW THAT CRAP CD IN THE EFFING MICROWAVE AND WATCH IT BURN!!!

lol j/k rofl.gif

Stick on the mission editor and play around with the new units and armoured vehicles.

hehe i dare u ALL! to just torture yourself and go on this forum rofl.gif Im pretty sure at least 1! member will be browsing this forum when ofp2 is released rofl.gif

urgh.. i hate this sudden stalemate in the flow of news.. it was going great.. i mean screenshots, interviews, but for the past 2 or so months.. nothing, i dont like it. i thought they were getting a bit less secrative about this whole thing. confused_o.gif

Only ~a month left for release, if it's going to be ready before it's too late for c'mas.. But, you never know..

I kinda doubt it'll be out this year, though sad_o.gif

"I'm guessing 2 DVDs at the sound of things xmas_o.gif" crazy_o.gif

I fecking hope not.. UT04 was a single DVD, and took 5.5GB.. Plus mods.. *Crosses fingers I get that 1TB harddrive*

- Ben

err 1Tb do they exist ??

They sure do. Have for a while now. Apparently Walmart Corp, uses them to track customer buying habits and maintain records of their sales. thumbs-up.gif

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

It's not the size you need, but the bandwidth. I dream of when I can get a 64-bit PCI-X SATA RAID controller spitting 8 striped drives of data into a 4gb GigabyteTech RAM-Disk SATA Card. All parts available now, just out of my budget.

Since the RAM-Disk card exposes it's self as a SATA hard drive, I wonder if it is possible to stripe them with a real RAID controller...

Shin, maybe I didn't quite follow your point on RAIDing RAM-disks? Wouldn't you RAID in case of extended reliability (fault tolerance) or speed (stripe)? I don't really see the real-world scenario where you would actually RAID ram-drives. RAM drives should be very fast compared to any physical disk-setup and probably they would be used as real fast alternative in case you need to access some project files (videoediting, whatever) in almost realtime.

Okay, maybe a bit off-topic to technical side .. crazy_o.gif

I'm going to read the box and the manual 10 times over, and then i'm going to rub my finger against the CD a few times to feel the texture of the sticker, and then i'm going to look at the screen until it's done installing (and trying not to blink), and then I will go to the options and see what kind of graphical settings i can enable, and then i will play the campaign slowly and I will enjoy every bit of it yay.gifyay.gif

I will tell too all my friends that they must test this masterpiece.When they will test it they will want to buy it.When they will buy it, we will all enjoy it.

I will do the first campaign for a while. Then look at the island on the editor. Then create some big shoot out missions on editor. Then play single missions. Then the campaign again for ages (but not complete it). Go back to editor and try creating more sophisticated missions for a long time. A couple more single missions. Multiplayer. Campaign till i finnish it. And then mixture of single missions, editor and multiplayer till i die.

I will inform my neighbours that during the next 10 hours they should not get confused when hearing loud intensive war sounds. And I will turn up my speakers to max, and do a little tank-testdrive!

First ill make sure it runs as i want.

then ill open mission editor and see whats new there /..

Will crank all settings to highest immediately, to see if my monster (currently) machine can run it.

If not smoothly, I'll set 'em down a notch until I'm getting a nice, smooth level of FPS.

Then the carnage will begin. Oh yes. <evil laugh> biggrin_o.gif

I will do the first campaign for a while. Then look at the island on the editor. Then create some big shoot out missions on editor. Then play single missions. Then the campaign again for ages (but not complete it). Go back to editor and try creating more sophisticated missions for a long time. A couple more single missions. Multiplayer. Campaign till i finnish it. And then mixture of single missions, editor and multiplayer till i die.

Sounds like a good plan.;)

In fact, i think thats the way i played OFP (exept the dying thing) and all and every other game i've ever played!

im thinking of creating a sequal to my current camapign if it goes well or ill probaly create a good Black hawk down campaign based ont he real film and the documantaries ive got.

elo guys im confused.

There is Amred assault and nextgen ofp 2.  what's the difference between those 2.

check this out.

http://www.armedassault.org/web2/screenshots.php

the pics look TOTALLY DIFFERENT ESPECIALLY THE ANIMATIONS!!!!!!!!

Well, raj, Armed Assault is the new game under development by the creators of Operation :Flashpoint and due for release soon.

The Second Generation Game (or Game2 as some call it) is also a new game under development by the same people. But this 'Game2' is aimed at the masivly powerfull pcs of the near future, capable of so much more than todays technology.

In short, Armed Assault is for now, Game2 is for tomorrow.

Hope you understand