Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Well, im staying up all night..... hopyfully u release tonight(USA,ARIZONA) time... maybe even tomorrow... ew.. sweet yay.gif

Don't say things like that please, it's enough worry for the team as it is. If they need another month to do this then so be it, we are fans right? A little waiting never hurt us! smile_o.gif

Don't - when we say 'soon' we don't mean today.

lol biggrin_o.gif

If they need another month to do this then so be it

erm well sure but i uninstalled all the other ffur packs that i had when thunderbird said that it would be a good idea to, and that was two weeks ago!

But fair play, my comments and indeed those of others are simply an attempt to show the authors how much these packs are awaited by the community, and although we have no control over the release date, tis better to say 'i await these packs as much i as enjoy a fat spliff after work' than 'sod this shite im off down the pub for some beers and a fight'  yay.gif

Alchohlic 0 Stoner 1

Ohhhhh yeah!

these packs have taken months to create its good to show people that they are gonna be appreciated.

I know this question has been asked before,

But how are you guys progressing ?

Do you have any idea of when you will release it?

Thanks and keep it up !

- Viper

I know this question has been asked before,

But how are you guys progressing ?

Do you have any idea of when you will release it?

Thanks and keep it up !

- Viper

Browse one page back

im dying ffur is an effing disease

Jesus; thunderbird and co. arent superhuman! Give em some time wink_o.gif

well said ch_123 i bet theyre working their arses off to get this done so let dont try and rush them, take your time i dnt mind waiting if that means there will be less errors and so on

this thread starts to look more and more like the ecp one.

Folks plz stop whining about release dates, the more time the ffur guys have to spend reading useless posts the less they have to work on the mod.

Hi,

Be a bit patient mates, the packs are currently uploading and the upload's speed is around only 20 KB/s.

Btw here's a list of all installers's sizes :

FFUR 1985.exe -> 415 [mb]

FFUR '85 Winter.exe -> 415 [mb]

FFUR '85 Desert.exe -> 434 [mb]

FFUR 2005.exe -> 499 [mb]

FFUR Asian Crisis.exe -> 534 [mb]

And as mentioned yesterday :

* All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

* Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

DAMN what do i download first

i can only download one of them per day either the asian pack or the 2005 pack

but im not sure which i think i may go with the 2005 pack cause those blackops look sooooooo great

then ill probaly get the asian one

cant wait for the release dat but do take your time i dont want to be dissapointed when i run into a few errors

@thunderbird84

clicking on your signature leads to a "404 Not Found" tounge2.gif

Jens

...cant wait for the release dat but do take your time i dont want to be dissapointed when i run into a few errors...

Well, by the sounds of it, they're already completed and are being uploaded, so if there is anything wrong with them, its too late now.

@Thunderbird: Planning on releasing URLs to the packs as and when they're uploaded? Or going to release all the links at the same time? By the way, only 20kb/s upload? - I thought my 30kb/s upload was bad, but still, its better than 56K wink_o.gif

Mmm....2GBs of data at 20kbps, that would take about 10 days...Couple of days have passed by anyway, and at this stage, Ive given up expecting the mod to be released 'today' wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]clicking on your signature leads to a "404 Not Found"

Thanks, Fixed.

Quote[/b] ]Well, by the sounds of it, they're already completed and are being uploaded, so if there is anything wrong with them, its too late now.

Honestly it was very hard to test all the packs but we've done our best in the goal to reach the wanted result and I hope we fixed all bugs and errors , some talented Beta-testers as Canadian Terror helped us a lot to find'em and to tak'em out, the same goes for Benus who spent a lot of hours by testing each pack and reporting each bug.

We canceled a lot of packs a few days ago which were uploading just in the goal to fix some forgotten minor bugs.

Hopefully you won't encounter any major bugs and any CTD.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Planning on releasing URLs to the packs as and when they're uploaded? Or going to release all the links at the same time? By the way, only 20kb/s upload? - I thought my 30kb/s upload was bad, but still, its better than 56K

Yeah , I expect to release all the stuff at the same time making this release one of the biggest one ever carried out thus far for our favorite simulator.

Well, I have to say that 70% of the packs are already online and we're quite close from the release.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Well, I have to say that 70% of the packs are already online and we're quite close from the release.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

BITTORRENT!!

*Ahem*

...hmm, *scans about directorys on ffur.net*

- Ben

It's going to be uploaded to OFPfiles I can tell you that for sure! thumbs-up.gif

TB,

Is there any chance that you've included (or intend to include) General Barron's extremely useful "rally around the leader" formation, as found in his impressive Handsignals Command System (found here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....00;st=0 )?

The second screenshot supplied in his thread perfectly illustrates what the "rally" formation looks like. When used, the troops will automatically form an equally distributed defensive circle around the player's position. Now that is a very intelligent feature to have available in OFP!

This formation is a "must have" feature in my book, and while the hour may be late, it'd still be great if it could be somehow integrated into FFUR's releases, even if it's only through a patch.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

its being posted on file front cause thats where all the others were first put and the fact that Reven is a member of it i think

Kyle_K_ski your forgetting that this is a replacement mod it shouldnt make anytthing easier like that circle thing so i doubt that would be included but it would be cool if it was