Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Sounds like the download screwed up, maybe download it again?

The video was very nicely done, if a bit short, but that's negligble biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

hmm let me see here. FFUR=FlashFX Unit Replacements......

Tried dling it 5 times already, no luck, but I dont think Im missing out on that much, the pack will be released in a couple days anyway rofl.gif

Looking really nice!  smile_o.gif

I would really like to see that video but somethings messed up with my Windows Media Player, it plays osme videos fine but some videos go all rainbow colours, its hard to explain but the videos get all pixelated and each pixel is a different colour. Like white is green, blue is red, brown is orange, its very wierd  crazy_o.gif

Thats weird. What version of windows media player are you using? If it is 9 then you need to update, if it is 10 then maybe you need certain codecs for the videos to play right. I'd try updating video card drivers or running windows update. If that still doesn't help ask for tech help on Microsofts site. Hope that helps but if all fails the mod comes out soon anyway.

Looking forward to release!

Soldier

this has probably been asked already, but ar you using ECP or Flashfx? huh.gif
Quote[/b] ]hmm let me see here. FFUR=FlashFX Unit Replacements......

rofl.gif

Ahh yes, sorry for the spam whistle.gif

*moves to the eecp club* rofl.gif

no ecp? come on, not even the craters? are you insane?

bang your head against a wall in shame banghead.gif

I thought that newer apache was being used however when I look at the screenshots and the video I see the same old thing?

This is nice, but how about a movie that's not edited. People want to see how it is like in the game, not an edited movie. I mean this isnt the video editing thread (no offence). And it should show the FPS too in the movie, so people have an idea. Are you trying to show us how FFUR 5 is or a propaganda movie to grab attention?

Im saying this because I have a good system and this mod lags really really really bad in proportion to everything else thats out for OFP.

Quote[/b] ]Are you trying to show us how FFUR 5 is or a propaganda movie to grab attention?

I would think it would be both. whistle.gif

A simple video showing a few new models vs the old ones.

Why not dload the thing when it comes out instead of worrying about a video. tounge2.gif

Because I downloaded this before and it laged like hell even thought they said they decreased lag. I rather play OFP with BIS models and effects and 40+ plus FPS than play this with 10 FPS. Not even ecp lags like this. My card isnt perfect for ofp (geforce 6), but still it shouldnt give me such a low FPS. And so far I wasnt proven that people get high FPS with screenshots showing the FPS meter.

With this, you'll most likely get around 10 FPS if your lucky that is.

Quote[/b] ]Why not dload the thing when it comes out instead of worrying about a video.

Yeah... great advice!

Quote[/b] ]Are you trying to show us how FFUR 5 is or a propaganda movie to grab attention?

Stealth3 , at first what's the objective of a "promo movie" ?

Plus the parts of that movie aren't EDITED , the movie's edited though , not the parts showing how FFUR looks like in game...

The reasons behind your attitude toward FFUR are due only to (...the old problems you had with Reven...) but as I said ya more than once , I don't care and I don't wanna discuss about it here...even by mp

Instead of devaluing the mod , it'd be cool to encourage us a bit... smile_o.gif

and FFUR incoming packs definately won't be lagy ! we have removed all useless scripts , reworked all of them , each main class do use the most important scripts like :

(..explosions , crashes , smoke ...etc)

I have only 1,6 Ghz, 448 SDRam , and 99% of BIS campaigns and missions work pretty well on my comp with new FFUR packs !

We do our best to kill the lag and CTDs ! I hope we reached our goal !

Quote[/b] ]I thought that newer apache was being used however when I look at the screenshots and the video I see the same old thing?

Yeah , the apache has been replaced by Franze one but this small movie has been carried out before I make the changes wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Hey Thunderbird, I LOVE FFUR! But, how would you say your upcoming pack's explosion effects compare to ECP 1.085's when it comes down to realism?

I know that FFUR tries to be as realistic as possible, so have you decreased the flash and added more dirt and dust to rocket explosions, etc?

Keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

FFUR and ECP effects are totally different , FFUR effects are based on reworked FlashFx 2.0 scripts , we do our best to make them at realistic as possible by still keeping the nice "FlashFx" touch that a lot of people do like

wink_o.gif

ECP effects are awesome though ! but one can't say which effects are better than others cuz people don't have the same choices !

maybe ECP guys think we're in competition against'em , but we aren't!

Our main and only objective is to satisfie YOU using the best of the community basing ourselves on the era 85 theme! but unfortunately few people only know how hard is the work ...

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

i supppose its just up to opinion on effects some people may prefer ECP's others may prefer FFUR's or any other effect packs out there but FFUR ones look pretty damn amazing

In that video i noticed it had flaming shrads from the Fuel truck any chance of them burning you if they land on you

well in the old FFUR 5.0 i got very little lag and that stil had a ton of useless scripts so this FFUR releases should be very lag free for high and low computers hopefully anyway

Great work to the whole team its looking amazing biggrin_o.gif

im happy as long as there are nice new craters biggrin_o.gif

if there arent i cant guarrantee your safety pistols.gif

it would be good to replace bis craters completely

BIS craters have been replaced by ECP ones for Helicopters crashes ,

why not for all other explosions ? simply because it will lag a lot if there would be craters everywhere !

456820 : too late to make any changes right now...

The release's very close !

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Stealth3's post was a little.. harsh. The point of the video (it seemed) was to show the difference in the (quality of the) models/effects, and it did that very nicely IMHO..

TB has already pointed out his system specs and that it doesn't lag most of the time..

The exploding shards could be edited into the mod by someone else easily enough (Something like : When the shrapnel script is run, start a loop on each [crazy_o.gif], checking if it's within x meters of a person, if so, start the fire script on them)

And I agree, the "what effects are better" thing is personal preference, I think the ECP ones are more realistic, but the FlashFX one are more "film like", and they look cooler tounge2.gif

But thats just me, if you prefer the ECP ones, wait for EECP icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

Hmm, with all this discussing on ECP scripts and FFUR scripts, I'm tempted to compare them when FFUR 5.0 is released, to see which is less laggy.

My computers specs are:

AMD Athalon 3000 (2.0Ghz)

Radeon 9600

512 DDR RAM Memory

I think that's all you need to know that will effect performance, I'll be waiting for the next release of FFUR so I can begin testing.

I'm sure it can't be long now, after what Thunderbird keeps telling us! biggrin_o.gif

Maybe test it using FRAPs benchmark thing (Logs FPS and then works out an averge) on a cutscene (Fixed thing, so the player can't affect it). Then get other people to do the same cutscene? (Though ECP has an unfair disadvantage as being a unit replacement, and ECP is only an effect thing..)

I'd be happy to to this (PC spec : P4 2.8GHz, 128MB Geforce FX5600, 1GB ram, can also try on a laptop. 3.4GHz, 64MB graphics, 512mb ram)

Can't wait smile_o.gif

- Ben

To be honest, I have a 1ghz, 256mb ram, and I can run FFur pretty good, somethings might generate some lag, like 40 explosions at once, but I dont get unplayable lag, its mostly pretty smooth. confused_o.gif

Or a different way would be to press App key (or somthing like that, between the Windows and Ctrl buttons on the right of the keyboard) and select show FPS (if you're using FlashFX).

Btw thanks, it would really help if as many people with different PC setups participate just to settle this arguement once and for all.