Sign in to follow this  
Rhodite

UKF Warrior (MCV80) v1.0 Released

Great warrior guys,nice to see a mod who does its homework before making these things notworthy.gif btw great weopan sights :Dall we need now is your desert inf. yay.gif

Cheers m8 , glad to know its being used and enjoyed .

The Raven sight graticle is taken from the real thing , with only slight modification to distances . Because the sight is zoomable , the aiming marks only corispond when at full magnification .

One of the main things we just couldnt simulate is the lack of a gyro stabiliser , this means that the Ofp version can fire on the move ... but for those realism buffs ... allways come to a full halt before firing the main weapons , the Milan is actually aimed and fired by the commander in RL while turned out .

The pitch tweak has been confirmed to fix all sound issues, it will be in the next release.

Yay! I did something useful!  rofl.gif  tounge2.gif

But yes, glad I could help...

Cat

(*Goes back to his cave*)

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]The strange thing is that you're the first person (forgive me if I missed a post) that has mentioned a pitch issue, everyone else seems to be having volume issues... I'll pass an ammended UKF_weapons.pbo to one of our forum regulars who has the volume issue and see it if fixes things for him.

- Well that could be because they just misinterpreted what the real issue was, so instead of saying it was a pitch problem, they would say it was a volume (which when in "slo-mo", it does sound much lower in volume too). Glad you got it all worked out smile_o.gif

Bittorrent should be used more for new big releases. Yees

A TV/tech thingy I downloaded a day or so ago used bittorrent, and downloaded at 250kbs solidly. So it works well.

Anyway, tried the warrior yesterday, their great biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, is there going to be a PUKF campign to go with all this stuff? Or just addons and community missions/campigns? (In that case I suggest you make a place to upload them to your site, as FDF did succesfully)

Good luck whatever you do smile_o.gif

- Ben

Bittorrent should be used more for new big releases. Yees

A TV/tech thingy I downloaded a day or so ago used bittorrent, and downloaded at 250kbs solidly. So it works well.

Anyway, tried the warrior yesterday, their great biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, is there going to be a PUKF campign to go with all this stuff? Or just addons and community missions/campigns? (In that case I suggest you make a place to upload them to your site, as FDF did succesfully)

Good luck whatever you do smile_o.gif

- Ben

Best person to ask is rho - Tankie

I have a question for you PUKF guys:

I was wondering if it's possible to disable the damage inflicted on the soldiers in the rear of the warrior when the vehicle is 80%-100% strength. I ask this as the vehicle takes one or two direct hits and it's ok but when the soldiers debus they are unable to walk as there obviously below 40% strength. I know OFP has limitations but the whole point of these armoured taxis is to protect the soldiers inside. I wouldn't mind so much if the warrior was badly damaged but it's not. I never tested this out with Combats or even the BIS bradley as i've not been this engrosed in an addon for ages. If i havn't said it already i'll give you two massive thumbs up for this IFV   thumbs-up.gif   notworthy.gif

it could be possible, would only require us to add a little bit of scripting to the warrior... we'll discuss it and see what happendd

Mr Reality....

Reason for that .

Splash damage in the fire geo LOD .

If i removed the cargo proxies from the fire geo LOD then they would not recieve any damage at all , and would most probably survive the vehicles destruction .

As it is the protection for the cargo can only extend to non explosive rounds .. bullets or AP , because of the handling of explosions within Ofp .

Aye it is only Aluminum armour. Even with the CHB uparmour you are at least gunna be very dazed from a direct hit on the side..

Pray you dont get hit from the back door.

Its a "battle taxi" after all not a TANK  smile_o.gif

I might add however the Americans view the Warrior (with uparmour) with envious eyes. It has prooved to save soldiers lives in places such as Baghdad.

Aye it is only Aluminum armour. Even with the CHB uparmour you are at least gunna be very dazed from a direct hit on the side..

Pray you dont get hit from the back door.

Its a "battle taxi" after all not a TANK  smile_o.gif

I might add however the Americans view the Warrior (with uparmour) with envious eyes. It has prooved to save soldiers lives in places such as Baghdad.

And the Bradley is a widowmaker? icon_rolleyes.gif

Admiration, yes, but not envy. Everyone I know is very happy with the Bradley. I was happy with the Bradley when I played around with one.

I was more refering to the CHB up armour.. not the vehicles themselves.

The british as far as I know have the finnest quality CHB armour (logical seeing as we invented the stuff). smile_o.gif

As we now have "Chobham" Mk II known as "Dorchester". And the US have "Chobham" that we sold them.

Yes we do.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't get the force designation to work. When I try it with a normal Warrior, it just kinda creates a white milan outline. Unless you released a sneaky update when I wasn't looking. I'm going now so apologies if that was mentioned.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't get the force designation to work. When I try it with a normal Warrior, it just kinda creates a white milan outline. Unless you released a sneaky update when I wasn't looking. I'm going now so apologies if that was mentioned.

Any chance of a sub 100k screenshot - You can hot link on our fourms if you'd prefer... Project UKF Forums

OK sorry to post this if it's been sorted, but I remember Mr.Burns (?) saying the weapon sounds were muffled/very low, well I only just installed the addon and I am experiencing the same thing.

This is an excellent addon and this is such a frustrating problem to have banghead.gif

OK sorry to post this if it's been sorted, but I remember Mr.Burns (?) saying the weapon sounds were muffled/very low, well I only just installed the addon and I am experiencing the same thing.

This is an excellent addon and this is such a frustrating problem to have banghead.gif

This has been fixed and will be included in the next release.

A few of things guys.

I can't get the X FOR markings to work. I only tried it on the desert vehicle. And how come I've seen little Jock markings in screenshots? HOw do I get them?

Secondly. I blew up the Warrior whilst it's gun was pointing at 90 degrees. It was destroyed but the dammage model showed the gunner sitting bolt upright in kind of a turned out position. He looked none the worse for wear.

Last. When driving turned out the driver has half his body invisible because of a black cover over his driving position. Not really a problem but you guys wanted it spot on.

Last. When driving turned out the driver has half his body invisible because of a black cover over his driving position. Not really a problem but you guys wanted it spot on.

This was covered before (I had the same trouble) you need to turn up your Object LOD settings in FlashpointPreferences, I don't think the driver's pit hollows out on anything 'below' (remember, the smaller the number, the higher the setting) 0.010, I also found that there are some other visual bugs on lower LOD settings, like being able to see through the hull in places.