Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Mi-8/17 Pack - Beta 2

I'm not forcing anyone and i appreciate the addon makers hard work as does everyone here but it doesn't hurt anyone. If its helping the game i don't really see a problem. If addon makers aren't prepared to share or help one another then they shouldn't be doing it. I will admit its best to ask for permission first but not always possible to get hold of the addon makers. Thats my oppinion and mine alone. Make up your own minds and as for closing the discussion aint that what forums are for? Or am i missing something? I have the utmost respect for all addom makers as they have produced some excellent addons that at times have made me gawp with envy. Its not for me to judge but just to add my oppinion. And thats all it is! No harm done.

smile_o.gif

And finally for all you addon makers. RESPECT!

ok, i will say something, again

i think some of you mist my post

When real addonmakers will left ofp, Vit will not have anymore "parts suppliers" for his greate addons.

Is it good idea to ignore will of those who make addons on theyr own, from scratch ?

and someone also wrote:

If you do not agree to conditions written in addon readme, dont download it.

When addonmaker releases addon which in readme has some restrictions regarding modyfing it.

And you dont agree to those conditions, dont download it, it was not made for such disrespectfull ashole like you.

It was made for ppl that can respect it.

Fuck with those who are making addons, from scratch, just for your pleshure,

and you will make this community die faster that you can say "im dumb fucker"

What side of the bed did you fall out of? LOL!

smile_o.gif

your searching for flame war dude ?

its not the best idea at these forums. thrust me.

I think your taking things way to seriously. Life's too short to start flame wars. Whatever that is. Besides i'm too old for that. Anyway enough of the downer side of life.

Vit back on topic, keep up the excellent work. Despite the heated debate i think the feelings of most is to get permission in future and then there wont be so many arguments and ill feeling. If your happy i'm happy. No matter what you do, there will always be some for you and some against you.

wink_o.gif

What side of the bed did you fall out of? LOL!

smile_o.gif

^What he said. ^

But come on its a FUCKING GAME! Basically what he(Vit) is sayig by using "YOUR" parts (freeware, sorry but reallity is a fucker) is that, that part/texture is better than what he could do himself and he knows it, and doesnt want to waste time make a LITTLE fucking texture for a fan or what ever. OK so he is arrogant in regards to asking permission and or creditting people, but i seem to recall other mods doing the same thing to some extent and being caught, but yet we still use their great work. They, like Vit, do credit when it is brought up(i do agree that he does need to credit properly where due). Now i know that he is lazy with writing thanks but ummm guys by what you are saying you guys needs to credit all of the objects that you make cause you got you idea/texture format from someone's work yet you copy it into your own work? put it down claim it as you own? confused_o.gif

I dont mean any disrespect to anyone but come on its not like he stole the WHOLE model+textures. Guys i can understand how much work goes into all your addons, the community loves them all and respect the lot of you, but Vit is releasing addons people are asking for quickly, with some decent stuff coming out of it. Come on this happened not to long ago with someone using two fucking needles for dials on a dashboard and the mod who made them screamed murder over a needle? btw that mod cant really talk either but shit another can of worms we dont need. This is pointless because someone somewhere will do the exact samething.

If YOU dont like it dont use it or support it. I always admired this community for its freindly atmosphere, but come on take a step back a get a bit of perspective. Take a deep breath.

It is very simple in the end. Vit you fucked up in the first place by not creditting properly or get permission. About asking for permissions? how can we verify he didnt ask and get no reply? As i said before a thread in AM&D possibly where everyone can ask for permissions? Community spirit. It did start out just scalding him mad_o.gif which was deserved but full on attacks are not warrented or justified! Fighting over small insignificant textures/models destroys this great community. This is carzy and it would be sad to see anyone leave ofp cause of this. Vit get someone with a better understanding of english( no offence, not native tounge? ) to help get permissions/ writing of readme? that might help us all in the future avoid this bullshit. banghead.gif

Sorry way OT nice helos! smile_o.gif

give me a brake, he cant even credit open source addon, read this topic from begining.

and yes, he is able to "stole" whole model with textures, like from desert combat or poe.

he showed us screens of "his" new addon wich occured to be not his, how the hell you can call that

and dont tell me it was misunderstanding

it wasnt the first time, and probably not the last

hes ignorant and he gets from us what he deserves.

Offtime, sorry but this seems to me more like some sort of a personal thing between you and Vit for whatever reason.

Maybe sit down and take a deep breath reviewing your last statements. Every 10yo kid can see from Vit's posts that english isn't his first language. Have you and all the others bitching at him ever considered that it's just a big misunderstanding???

Quote[/b] ]give me a brake, he cant even credit open source addon, read this topic from begining.

Maybe he didn't because he just did not understand the whole sh*t in that "open source licence" crap?

Quote[/b] ]and yes, he is able to "stole" whole model with textures, like from desert combat or poe.

Everyone can "steal" a whole model, even you or me or whoever. Again: If he says "my addon" he maybe just means "my work" or something like that. I don't know Vit but he's not that stupid to steal someone's work which is well known in the community just to declare it as it's own work.

Quote[/b] ]hes ignorant and he gets from us what he deserves.

And you are the most openminded guy here in the forum eh? Sorry again, but if I check your comment in the OFPL Extension pack topic I would say it's more something like:

Vit made a mistake (and yes, maybe he did due to his not so good english), he's "famous" and people like his work but no one gives a sh*t about my addon - now let's go and give him what he "deserves"?

Like snoops said: Holy sh*t, this is a game and not a multi-million dollar business! Why pushing someone around that much who just tried to share his work from which he thought it might be usefull?

Not an addonmaker myself, I respect addonmakers work and the hours and hours they spend working on their addons. So does Vit and by using another addonmakers work, isn't that already respect enough? Like someone said before, it just says that Vit thinks the addon is good enough to re-use it. Of course he should then mention who created the addon in the first line, but the fact he forgot it, isn't a reason to treat him like this.

Think about that please, just five minutes.

i DONT KNEW WHAT TO SAY...

I see all the posts and think... what to do?

what you want form me???

i want to start and new start with you..

i dont want everybody shoot me bad words..

what i can do???

to close the site?? delete the new addons???

what?? band.gif

i want only good for OFP players

and hope they like my addons..

like this F-16

sc1

sc2

sc3

Offtime, sorry but this seems to me more like some sort of a personal thing between you and Vit for whatever reason.

Yea, and that's why Offtime earlier said:

ok so what i need to do??? huh.gif

dont know man.

this time we will make exception, use our stuff and skip open source license. after all you took only some not very important things. but next time think twice ;-)

its just a game ;-) and whole fun is in making not in copying ;-)

so basicly now you have no issues with OFPL team.

but you still have issues with Airwolf and CSLA.

Maybe sit down and take a deep breath reviewing your last statements. Every 10yo kid can see from Vit's posts that english isn't his first language. Have you and all the others bitching at him ever considered that it's just a big misunderstanding???

So what? Previous cases like this with this were misunderstandings too? Anyway, not to knowing the law dosn't mean, that you dont have to obey it.

Maybe he didn't because he just did not understand the whole sh*t in that "open source licence" crap?

As I said before - this is not first case like this. If he dont understent, why he didn't ask someone to translate it for him?

And you are the most openminded guy here in the forum eh? Sorry again, but if I check your comment in the OFPL Extension pack topic I would say it's more something like:

Vit made a mistake (and yes, maybe he did due to his not so good english), he's "famous" and people like his work but no one gives a sh*t about my addon - now let's go and give him what he "deserves"?

Read whole topic before accusation like this, ok ? Because now you are acting like an f**** asshole.

Quote[/b] ]

Like snoops said: Holy sh*t, this is a game and not a multi-million dollar business! Why pushing someone around that much who just tried to share his work from which he thought it might be usefull?

Not an addonmaker myself, I respect addonmakers work and the hours and hours they spend working on their addons. So does Vit and by using another addonmakers work, isn't that already respect enough?

Yeah espiecially, when he don't add original creator to credits list. Indead very respectfull.

Quote[/b] ]

Of course he should then mention who created the addon in the first line, but the fact he forgot it, isn't a reason to treat him like this.

Previously he "forgot about it" too? You must be very naive or dumb...

what you want form me???

Change your attitude. Ask creators for permission before using their work. Remember about credits part in readme. Find person from your country who knows english well and ask him to translate text if you don't understand it.

Quote[/b] ]give me a brake, he cant even credit open source addon, read this topic from begining.

Quote[/b] ]and yes, he is able to "stole" whole model with textures, like from desert combat or poe.

Everyone can "steal" a whole model, even you or me or whoever. Again: If he says "my addon" he maybe just means "my work" or something like that. I don't know Vit but he's not that stupid to steal someone's work which is well known in the community just to declare it as it's own work.

Not an addonmaker myself, I respect addonmakers work and the hours and hours they spend working on their addons. So does Vit and by using another addonmakers work, isn't that already respect enough? Like someone said before, it just says that Vit thinks the addon is good enough to re-use it. Of course he should then mention who created the addon in the first line, but the fact he forgot it, isn't a reason to treat him like this.

Think about that please, just five minutes.

Very well put notworthy.gifwink_o.gif

Ok guys i think this going a little overboard. Time to change the subject and calm it down a little. Why so bitter? Its only a game, its not life or death. Time to end the bitterness i think as its not very productive is it? Take it to the virtual battlefield take ten paces turn and shoot.

@W0lle

Couldn't have put it better myself.

@Vit

Ignore the childish comments and just carry on making your addons mate. The world won't end just yet!

We've all stolen something at one time or another. Well i have. Does anyone really care if he's borrowed or used bits. Time to grow up and get a F**ck*ing life!

banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]

We've all stolen something at one time or another. Well i have. Does anyone really care if he's borrowed or used bits. Time to grow up and get a F**ck*ing life!

So if someone is stealling that means that he had grown up?

N/c

Heres why its going overboard.

Its just a game to the people who just "play it".

It's more like "work" to people who make addons for the others to "play" with.

It's a lot easier to borrow model parts and texes and pump out addons. So since ya saved all the time, take 5 minutes to credit the people who did your work for you. whistle.gif

To people who dont understand why mod makers get angry, dont worry about it and go play with your addons. You didnt have to do anything to get them so why argue about it in the first place?

Besides, the last thing I know I want to see is a gang of modmakers throw hissy fits. biggrin_o.gif

what you want form me???

Change your attitude. Ask creators for permission before using their work. Remember about credits part in readme. Find person from your country who knows english well and ask him to translate text if you don't understand it.

i am understand it

so why again and again o post this??? crazy_o.gif

Deleted comment as i'm bored of this. Gonna play with my kids to make me appreciate the real things and not the trivial.

Take care all. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thats got F**k all to do with it i'm just admitting the fact and yes i'm a grown up. Grown ups steal as well little boy! I stole your playstation!

Grown up?

You act like a little kid rofl.gif

This is more an issue between Vit and all other addon makers

Quote[/b] ]

That's not an excuse.

Quote[/b] ]

Yeah right. Everytime he takes a model of the internet, tells everybody over here it's his, gives absolutely NO credit to the original author and when he releases it it's like "OMFG Vit you're the man". And this is exactly what pisses other addon makers off. He's taking credit for something he didn't even made himself but just took from other addon makers or a freeware model on the internet, while the real author who spends hours and hours working on his addon gets absolutely no credit.

Quote[/b] ]

Sorry but I feel exactly the same way as Offftime.

Quote[/b] ]We've all stolen something at one time or another. Well i have. Does anyone really care if he's borrowed or used bits. Time to grow up and get a F**ck*ing life!

This is just a completely retarded comment rofl.gif

what you want form me???

i am understand it

so why again and again o post this??? crazy_o.gif

Maybe because despite you understand it , and despite people have asked you several time to give credits where it is due, you continue to not give them credits in the readme of your addons ?

Honestly, it is a matter of just 1 minute copy/paste in your readme , and it would stop a lot of trouble for you.

i think it is only a spam theard.

what have it to do with Mi8?

Raptor smile_o.gif

Please could you stop this now?

Give Vit time for a new start smile_o.gif

Again? First it was the KA-52, then the CH-53, now the MI-17 and god knows what else. Think he had enough new starts don't you think?

It has been many years since i stole something but i stole nonetheless. Oh my youth! A lesson learned and one i will teach my kids not to do. Shit i even paid over Å250 for Window Xp pro retail. I think microsoft stole from me. Right i'm off as this is dragging its heals.

@CanadianTerror

I'm not getting drawn in to that. The fact that i have kids of my own speaks enough. And for me that is enough. Night night and seriously take care all.  wink_o.gif

@CanadianTerror

I'm not getting drawn in to that. The fact that i have kids of my own speaks enough. And for me that is enough. Night night and seriously take care all. wink_o.gif

So what? There are many people who have kids, and who act themsevles like a kid, you aren't only one.