Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Mi-8/17 Pack - Beta 2

I miss european camo versions. Only desert is not enough. And better quality of the models/textures would be good. yay.gif

NEW UPDATE

Quote[/b] ]

Add-on

======

1.Mi-17M

2.Mi-17M Multi

3.Mi-17MDV

4.Mi-17MDV Multi

5.Mi-8

6.Mi-8V

7.Mi-8 Medic

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

======

1)Delete smoke on the start of the engine.

2)Fix some script bugs.

3)Fix BIS pic bug.

4)Fix lights bug.

5)Add Mi8/17 Wreck script and models.

6)Remove Mi-17 OFP.

7)Fix start script.

8)Required "OWP_Crew".

9)Fix power/power2 error line.

10)Fix some cargo error.

11)Add bads to mi-8 madic.

12)Change names.

13)Add Injured anim to mi-8 madic.

14)Fix scripts.

15)Add s\n numbers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... it would be nice to ask original author for the permission, especially if you want to borrow models and textures not only scripts... wouldn't it? Never received a word from Vit though icon_rolleyes.gif (I don't know why, because I would give him permission to use this stuff)...

Yeah... it would be nice to ask original author for the permission, especially if you want to borrow models and textures not only scripts... wouldn't it? Never received a word from Vit though icon_rolleyes.gif (I don't know why, because I would give him permission to use this stuff)...

whats now i do??? mad_o.gifhuh.gif

come on leave the man alone, vits stuff kicks arse pistols.gif

If he would ask permission then he would have been left alone. Understand that when you are using other people's work or parts of it, you always have to ask permission first and give the credit they deserve. The original author may have spent hours and hours of work in his or her addon so a little bit of respect to the work of the author would be nice.

You understand that?

I agree, though I like Vit's work I have to admit it doesn't take much time to try to contact the original author, especially if you're going to use their model/textures.

yep,asking first definatly gets rid of a LOT of controversy that can be brought up later.

Yeah I agree that common decency dictates you at least mention the original author in the readme, but still, all this inter-addonmakers bickering does get rather boring and childish, not to mention self-centred, and there seem to be a few who are as good at making addons as they are at bickering whistle.gif

Not gonna mention any names goodnight.gif

If he would ask permission then he would have been left alone. Understand that when you are using other people's work or parts of it, you always have to ask permission first and give the credit they deserve. The original author may have spent hours and hours of work in his or her addon so a little bit of respect to the work of the author would be nice.

You understand that?

Yep. What is so hard about asking somone permission to use their stuff?

Looks like some people NEVER learn that taking other people's work without asking isn't the way to go. This seems to be an issue with everything Vit releases. And oh yes shashman, how dare addonmakers complain when someone messes with what they put in lots of their sparetime for no material compensation what so ever. That SO selfish of them .....

Thats really true, but sometimes if you pm or email somebody he/she doesnt answer. Thats a problem if you want to release something.

Looks like some people NEVER learn that taking other people's work without asking isn't the way to go. This seems to be an issue with everything Vit releases. And oh yes shashman, how dare addonmakers complain when someone messes with what they put in lots of their sparetime for no material compensation what so ever. That SO selfish of them .....

As long as the guy didn't claim the work to be his, then I'd be chuffed if someone used something I made for the enjoyment of the OFP community.

You can kinda see what mentality an addonmaker has if he starts moaning that a part of his addon was used to make another addon without his permission. He should either be proud that someone is using his work, or at least be happy, otherwise, it's clear that he is making addons for the wrong reason, i.e. wanting fame and praise

Progress = Improving something which already exists smile_o.gif

Shashman is right..

i ask on the pm premission and nobody answer..

so i write on the readme thet i used some part form this addon. like in the mi17 pack..

i crate addons for the fun and for thet i like it

and dont do it for money.. so leave me alone

and if you dont like my addons ,dont download them nener.gif

As long as the guy didn't claim the work to be his, then I'd be chuffed if someone used something I made for the enjoyment of the OFP community.

You can kinda see what mentality an addonmaker has if he starts moaning that a part of his addon was used to make another addon without his permission. He should either be proud that someone is using his work, or at least be happy, otherwise, it's clear that he is making addons for the wrong reason, i.e. wanting fame and praise

Progress = Improving something which already exists smile_o.gif

definately a co-sign on that one....

Much as the above discussion is fascinatingly interesting, has anyone used the choppers? Any comments on textures, handling features etc? I understand this is an emotive issue for some people but couldnt it be done with emails and PMs and let the thread get back to discussing the addon not its provenance?

Too bad none of the people who claim that Addon theft is a way of stroking their ego ever made a single addon. Most people who DID make something strongly disagree with you people. Maybe noone answers Vit because you have built such a nice name for yourself. Either make your own stuff or go away.

Maybe noone answers Vit because you have built such a nice name for yourself.

What on earth does that mean?!

Secondly;

Quote[/b] ]Either make your own stuff or go away.

I just love that we can have such mature and reasoned discussions on this forum. wink_o.gif

OK the addon is released and only thing I've found in the readme is:

2)Fan and seats from awmi2p.

It doesn't include full addon name nor the package name, and original author is not even mentioned crazy_o.gif

I will let it go this time, next time I won't be so nic mad_o.gif

PS.: This addon is bugged - you can walk through the chopper (geometry lod is fouled up) not to mention that rear doors doesn't look close to the real thing...

At least textures are quite good...

So let me get this straight, you aren't happy enough with people liking your own addons, so you have to get every bit of credit wherever you can in someone elses? And I don't understand why you gotta be so anal about it. Anyways, personally, I don't care at all of anyone uses my stuff, as long as it doesn't interfere with my own addons and the state where it came from in the readme, for example, credit anyone else who participated in making that particular thing, whatever it is. Honestly, what possible harm can come from someone using someone elses creation? Almost allways it turns out to be better then the original... or maybe thats what you don't like about it? If that is the case, you can only be credited for the original work you did, and not the work that anyone else did to modify it.

Maybe noone answers Vit because you have built such a nice name for yourself.

What on earth does that mean?!

It's not the first time Vit is involved in a case like this

Quote[/b] ]Secondly;
Quote[/b] ]Either make your own stuff or go away.

I just love that we can have such mature and reasoned discussions on this forum. wink_o.gif

It gives much more statisfaction when you make a complete addon on your own instead of just ripping a 3d model add new textures on it, make a few changes to the model and poorly credit the original author. But I don't think some people get that or else we wouldn't get comments like this:

Quote[/b] ]Much as the above discussion is fascinatingly interesting, has anyone used the choppers? Any comments on textures, handling features etc? I understand this is an emotive issue for some people but couldnt it be done with emails and PMs and let the thread get back to discussing the addon not its provenance?

Offtime posted feedback some posts back.

Quote[/b] ]i ask on the pm premission and nobody answer..

I find it very hard to believe that noone answers your PM's seeing how many stuff you made/ripped/retextured/released.

Lets put it this way. With every addon Vit has released over the years most of them have had others peoples stuff used without permission. Vit has built a reputation amongst other addonmakers through that and I think a significant portion would tell him no by now if he asked to use their addons simply because he rips people of all the time.

Too  bad none of the people who claim that Addon theft is a way of stroking their ego ever made a single addon. Most people who DID make something strongly disagree with you people. Maybe noone answers Vit because you have built such a nice name for yourself. Either make your own stuff or go away.

you knew what.... i dont need all this..

i work hours on hours to work on good addon..

so i dont pro like all the pepole here , so what?

i just want to crate good addon not for me !

just for all.. everybody thet ask me for somthing

form my addon

i say ok , no problem

i dont care thet pepole used some stuff thet i crate

but all the pepole here.. act like i steal and seal something thet they do pistols.gif

i say i wirte all the sutff i used , so now its not ok to???

LEAVE ME A ALONE!

I dont need all this!!

I start to work on the israel F-16 pack and i will always

crate new addon

p.s

and "supah","Ironsight" and all the pepole thet dont like me... i hope now you happy... nener.gif