Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

International Special Forces

Is that!?!??! A reflection!?!?!

Nope sad_o.gif that's a textured reflection as stated...Unless someone knows how to implement Kegetys reflection effects on units, there's no other way confused_o.gif

Not to nitpick, but are you planning on changing the shirt textures? He looks a little odd with the BIS civillian black wooly jumper on.

Hrmm how's this look for a replacement? heh

highres39cv.th.jpg

I don't no if I am asking the stupideice question ever but, the first model on the first page is that going to be included and if it is will it be in woodland as well

Nope not with the blackops, the American guy will be apart of the International Special Forces pack.

Ok then one more question, well maybe two. The first is when do you think the special forces will be done. Second is are you making your own custom guns yes or no. But those black ops are nice! Suggestion, You should use the civilian texture and the new retexture and put them both in the pack so people can decide which one to use, unless you are doing it now. Only a suggestion

Ok then one more question, well maybe two. The first is when do you think the special forces will be done. Second is are you making your own custom guns yes or no. But those black ops are nice! Suggestion, You should use the civilian texture and the new retexture and put them both in the pack so people can decide which one to use, unless you are doing it now. Only a suggestion

Well the special forces will be released...when they're done wink_o.gif and No I won't be making custom weapons. I'll be using the ones out right now, no point in making more duplicates of the same weapons over and over but I may edit them to fit the certain units.

About the 2 texture thing, I'll think about it and I'm still deciding whether I should use the standard BIS weapons for the config. Any opinions on this?

In my opinion no, but if you like them roll with it.  But I say use Laser's Weapons pack, because they are black ops use suppresed versions of all weapons unless like when you get operation flashpoint you have the day ops then use both suppresive and unsuppresive weapons. Like I said unless you don't like laser's weapon pack use it. (Don't know if this is what your asking).

For the weapons (just suggestions):

WIPS M4's - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8616

LSR's MP5 aimpoint and his AT4 and SMAW if you want to add rockets to the blackops (in his weapons pack) - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8224

SJB's handguns - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5382

SAW M249 from INQ's high resoultion weapons pack - Sorry but i can't find the link, if someone else would care to provide it?

M60e3 from SJB's weapon pack - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6290 (the weapons are in the pack)

I know some people would not prefer these but as i said, these are suggestions. Good luck they look great so far. smile_o.gif

Yeah wip's m4 pack looks great, but I never downloaded them so I couldn't say if they are any good.

I tend to re-arm units in the editor anyway, so I'd prefer it if they were BIS-armed. Means I don't have to download something I don't even want.

That is one problem to putting weapons in, but sorry if this sounds bad(Don't take it in a wrong way) but most of the addons I have downloaded all come with new weapons and I he should put new weapons, but that is my opinion.

Here is some more download links(Haven't tested them)

Cougar Pistol

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5644

g36(something different than an m4)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4953

hey bambi, the new shirt textures do look better, but I think you should include one version of the black op wearing that BIS civie sweater and another version with your newer looking textures.  Because both of the shirts look good to me, Im positive I would use both variants.

edit: I know there was Russian black ops that looked alot like this addon your making from a certain movie ... I forget the name of it, but in the beginning there is this nuke that is detonated on a train in Russia and later on in the show these terrorists smuggle a nuclear bomb into the USA and are eventually killed by some military investigator people. One main actor in the show is George Clooney. Anyone know what im talking about?

I tend to re-arm units in the editor anyway, so I'd prefer it if they were BIS-armed. Means I don't have to download something I don't even want.

What he said x 100

hey bambi, the new shirt textures do look better, but I think you should include one version of the black op wearing that BIS civie sweater and another version with your newer looking textures.  Because both of the shirts look good to me, Im positive I would use both variants.

edit: I know there was Russian black ops that looked alot like this addon your making from a certain movie ... I forget the name of it, but in the beginning there is this nuke that is detonated on a train in Russia and later on in the show these terrorists smuggle a nuclear bomb into the USA and are eventually killed by some military investigator people.  One main actor in the show is George Clooney.  Anyone know what im talking about?

you talk about the movie Peacemaker wink_o.gif

please just use BIS weapons, i know they look like shit, but it sure as hell beats having to download all of that other crap. people aren't idiots, they can just removeweapon this, blah blah blah their units.

I agree. I wouldn't mind having to download one M4 pack but I see how little tidbits here and there could become a nuisance for some. Hope to hear some news soon, this is turning into one great project smile_o.gif

I have other solution, You can make separate config like HYK did ...

One with BIS weapons, one with LSR weapons and perhaps one with other weapons aswell. That would be nice, but don't put much work into it, the units must be the highest priority.

The units look VERY nice. I must admit that after seeing the first screenshot I didn't know what to think, but it has evolved into some extremely nice units and it really looks top-quality. That's some awesome work!!

My only suggestion is to make the legs thinner around the knees. You have kneepads attached to the knees and since they are strapped around the leg, the shape of your models near the knees should be as thin as the actual leg. Right know it doesn't look right.

For the rest it looks extremely nice. Keep it up!icon14.gif

I have other solution, You can make separate config like HYK did ...

One with BIS weapons, one with LSR weapons and perhaps one with other weapons aswell. That would be nice,

if this could be possible then please so users whould have a choice

these guys are looking good keep it up they will be more then welcome.gif in to my addons folders

It would be nice I guess, it would be a lot of extra work on Bambi's part though. If anything it could be a bit easier for each person to customize their own config..

Indeed. What is wrong with giving them the default BIS weapons, and then changing their weapons manually yourselves? Making addons is hard work as it is, without making more work for the authors wink_o.gif

Afterall, I imagine thats why BIS coded the "removeallweapons" command, as well as the "addweapon" and "addmagazine" init-line commands to the game.

I will most likely do the seperate config thing. Anyways, I need some... Testers! biggrin_o.gif I need about 3-4 people with some modding experience to test out the blackops and report any bugs to me. You'll basically be testing the 5 variants equipped with mp5s and have the main unit features. I'll also be asking for some input on groups and stuff. So if you have some modding experience, and would like to help me out PM me ASAP.

And just some screenies to show how things are coming along:

highres101zf.th.jpg

highres117xi.th.jpg

Also, don't get mad if I don't pick you because this is probably the last stretch before release so you'll get it eventually...Unless something serious comes up crazy_o.gif

just release it

so EVERYONE can tell you whats wrong

or needs fixing

and wait like two weeks till all the bug reports to come in then update it

i want test your black ops bambi plz.

grz evers

I have one question if this has been answered don't reply, and if you don't have an answer you don't have to reply, but do you have a rough estimate of when these come out, because I would like to use them if I am allowed by your permission in my second project called Last Light under Eye of the Storm Post, thanks for answering either way you do it. biggrin_o.gif

Added: Great work so far, hope you have enough testers