Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

An-72 Coaler

Front windscreen is missing a frame.

Yep - my error. Will be fixed.

Great plane! I love it....btw: does it use your roundels?

Yep - check the first post in this thread for details.

New version is progressing - there should be some news next week.

This is a great transport for missions where the anatov would be overkill. Great work as always!

Wow footmunch your a busy guy. This might sound kinda corny, but do you have a wish list of aircraft you'd like to see in OFP? Maybe other addon makers could fill in the gaps for you a little. And take off some of the heat smile_o.gif

P.s. Is there a site for (ALL) your released addons? I had to scour the net to find your Hunter aircraft. I'm attempting to round up all the aircraft I can find.

This might sound kinda corny, but do you have a wish list of aircraft you'd like to see in OFP?

Most of them are in progress already - eg BeeDee's Mirage,

Hardrock's Typhoon, Rock's new Tornado and Nephilim's F117.

What I'd _really_ like to see is a fully-featured aircraft carrier...

Quote[/b] ]P.s. Is there a site for (ALL) your released addons? I had to scour the net to find your Hunter aircraft. I'm attempting to round up all the aircraft I can find.

All the released addons are here -> http://www.footmunch.org.uk

I'll be adding a page of beta links to the site soon.

Footmunch, I love ALL of your airplane addons, how you crank out so many quality addons by yourself is beyond me.

I have one little request though, almost none of your planes have fully functional guages. Ill admit most guages are useless in OFP, but the one I really miss is the vertical speed indicator. This guage is really helpful for flying in OFP when most of the time you cant see the ground so you cant tell if you are changing altitude.

Could you maybe consider implementing this on your aircraft?

My opinion of Footmunch's aircraft addons is that they have the best handling, weapons and AI performance. What they do lack in however is the detail on the 3d model. Obviously he hasn't built model kits in his youth much confused_o.gif

The best aicraft addon in my opinion would be any national mod's own aicraft (FDF, SFP, BOH) with a footmunch config.

I think that a little harsh, not everyone has amazing texturing skills, or amazing model skills. Everyone has their own skills, and they should stick to it.

Thats why footmunch works with the falklands mod. They need him for aircraft configs and models, someone else does the texturing.

To be honest, I havn't noticed any lack of quality in Footmunch's planes. They have sufficient model and texture quality for them to look realistic.They also fly well, have a very low filesize, and have an extremely low performance hit, so you can have as many of his planes/choppers on the map as you want. He's my favourite aircaft maker anyway.  thumbs-up.gif

I think that a little harsh, not everyone has amazing texturing skills, or amazing model skills. Everyone has their own skills, and they should stick to it.

Thats why footmunch works with the falklands mod. They need him for aircraft configs and models, someone else does the texturing.

no... he does his own texture's too wink_o.gif and i've always been more than impressed with the quality of his modeling and textures - you have to remember that the merlin was VERY SMAL fiel size and yet he's amanged to make a stunning model and great textures - something thats very hard to do with a small file size.

footie - still havnt had time to check this puppy out, but will have to - have to ask, as this plane reminds me of it, but ever thought of making a BAE 146 (think queen's plane)? It's a nice little plane that's very similiar to this one (well, to my untrained eye)

Speaking of BAe, i wonder if foot's planning on a new BAe Hawk, as kegety's, although good, is lacking that flavour or RAF'ness

Yes .... it was harsh ............. have a close look at his BACKFIRE beta for example .......... *droools* notworthy.gif

Ok, this is kinda weird , I needed to drop a full plane of troops near an enemy airfield. With the 10 second warning I had a hard time judging the drop. So I edited the para script and got rid of the warning. I re-pboed it and the aircraft addon was 3.61 megs befor, but now is 1.88 megs. I didn't remove anything else though? It plays fine , nothing missing that I can find. Just kinda weird thats all wink_o.gif Now when I say paradrop they drop!!! smile_o.gif

Ok, this is kinda weird , I needed to drop a full plane of troops near an enemy airfield.  With the 10 second warning I had a hard time judging the drop.  So I edited the para script and got rid of the warning.  I re-pboed it and the aircraft addon was 3.61 megs befor, but now is 1.88 megs.  I didn't remove anything else though?  It plays fine , nothing missing that I can find.    Just kinda weird thats all wink_o.gif    Now when I say paradrop they drop!!! smile_o.gif

Maybe you used a diferent PBO utility with increased file compression smile_o.gif .

Daniel @ Oct. 15 2005,14:21)]To be honest, I havn't noticed any lack of quality in Footmunch's planes. They have sufficient model and texture quality for them to look realistic.

The lack of quality I was referring to was in the 3d model, not the textures. It seems as if he's making up parts of the model himself. He puts the landing gears in the weirdest places in the SU-27, thinks there is some sort of an intake devider in the F-16, and mounts the ordnance in the weirdest places in the F-4E.

He should look up some good sources to try to find out which way the landing gear raises instead of just flipping the coin.

Well, perhaps if you emailed him your concerns, you'd get him to do it correctly.

Besides, these are some of the only ones out there, until new and better ones are made, we're stuck with these, love them or hate them, they're here to stay.

Speaking of BAe, i wonder if foot's planning on a new BAe Hawk, as kegety's, although good, is lacking that flavour or RAF'ness

would love to see that black textures of the training hawk, or the red arrows biggrin_o.gif

I've seen the Red Arrows in flight: very spectacular. notworthy.gif Bloody close flying too! crazy_o.gif

A Hawk in black camo would make a great plane for RAF training missions too.

Hawks are great in the sense that they have been sold to several smaller nations, and can be used as relatively cheap CAS aircraft. Although it lacks speed it is one of the most manoverable aircraft available for its price....

the 2nd is the one i would love to see - the third isnt strictly the correct camo as it's celebrating the 30th aniversary... of something biggrin_o.gif