An-72 Coaler

Beta addon:

colaer_rel.jpg

PBO file here ->

(NEW LINK AS OF 18th JUNE

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/beta/rktcoaler_new.rar

Includes Trenchfeet's ParaDrop script (used with permission),

red/ green drop lights, and currently transports 36 soldiers - a

vehicle transporting version is being worked on...

Plane is roundel-aware. Use the command:

this setobjecttexture[0, "texture_file_name"]

to set the country. There is a collection of roundels available

in the PBO here -> http://www.footmunch.org.uk/roundels.zip

Internal detail (especially in cargo hold) is slightly lacking, and

will be improved. Second paint scheme (Aeroflot) will also be

included.

Any and all comments welcome.

Alas, I cannot play OFP at the moment, but this is definately on my download list when I can-it looks terrific, plus the roundel-aware command is a very nice touch too.

Nice Footmunch !!! biggrin_o.gif

BTW, the turning circle seems much too large, which may explain why the AI can't seem to make approach/land.

Nice work. Altho I did notice that the wheels did not spin while taking off and turning circle was a bit large.

And this addon once again proved how useless those kind of planes are on OFP islands. From the time you activate para drop script till the moment all 36 soldiers jump out you pretty much can fly across Nogova. biggrin_o.gif

Altho I did notice that the wheels did not spin while taking off and turning circle was a bit large.

Do the wheels on any aircraft in OFP turn? I didn't know they could..

Good work footmunch, it's a nice looking bit of kit. smile_o.gif

Nice work. Altho I did notice that the wheels did not spin while taking off and turning circle was a bit large.

And this addon once again proved how useless those kind of planes are on OFP islands. From the time you activate para drop script till the moment all 36 soldiers jump out you pretty much can fly across Nogova. biggrin_o.gif

You do have to 'time' the drop quite carefully - I'll try and speed

up the drop sequence, and make sure that the plane slows down

during deployment.

I'll take a look at the maneuvering, especially with regards to the

AI pilots. Don't expect F-16 levels, of course wink_o.gif

Spinning wheels will be added (Jag - It's done with hidden

selections and scripting.)

Altho I did notice that the wheels did not spin while taking off and turning circle was a bit large.

He he! True! Forgot about that one... tounge_o.gif

Excellent job Footmunch. This is one of the addons I've been waiting for a long time. Contrary to what antichrist said, I think that these planes are extremely useful in OFP missions if you're doing an airborne assault mission. However it just needs to be tweaked more before it can be used for this type of mission really well. As others said, maneuverability needs to be improved so that it follows waypoints better (and doesn't make a bunch of big circles and drop my poor dudes in the ocean). lol

But other then that my only gripes are that the side doors are left open. While I understand that most paradrops are made from the side doors of cargo aircraft, the doors should open when the paradrop script is started rather then be left open all the time which looks a bit odd. Also I would recommend removing the "turn red/green light on/off" option on the action menu as it doesn't really do anything useful unless players just want to look at the drop lights blinking.

But other then that the plane is georgeous and is just one of the coolest looking cargo planes ever made. I can't wait until you get a cargo script working on it so I can use it for dropping BMD's over Chechnya!

Keep up the awesome work Footmunch!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Love it, it looks great, the animated engines look great and the sound is great, everything is great tounge_o.gif .

I like how the a.i. squads enter the plane from both sides, makes for a nice visual look. This plane is about perfect for OPF because its big enough but not huge. Thank you sky master.

p.s. It would be nice if you could update your site with all latest versions of your planes FM, there are some missing ones there and with all the versions it is a bit confusing to find all your planes and latest versions smile_o.gif .

Good work footmunch, it's a nice looking bit of kit.  smile_o.gif

The Wheel's turn on Footmunch's F15's I believe. smile_o.gif I don't think any other planes have that feature though.

The Wheel's turn on Footmunch's F15's I believe.  smile_o.gif  I don't think any other planes have that feature though.

Footmunch's F15's and F16's, i think the F16 introduced this feature smile_o.gif .

I was looking at it yesterday in combat aircraft.com, and I thought it would be a nice addon to have. Funny isn't it? now I log in the forums to find it ready for download.

Looks very good.

Regards.

@CERO.

The Wheel's turn on Footmunch's F15's I believe. smile_o.gif I don't think any other planes have that feature though.

Footmunch's F15's and F16's, i think the F16 introduced this feature smile_o.gif .

First time I saw turning wheels was on BraTTy's excellent F-4U

Corsair, ages before any of my addons did it.

Miles - One of the reasons for leaving the doors off is so that I

don't have to do any of that auto/manual door-opening stuff

that CSJ put onto the PC-6. I'll try a few things out, and see

what can be done.

The BMD air-drop is one of the things I _definitely_ want this

addon to do.

very nice addons, but I have a question, what happened with this addons?

the m-24 tank

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7099

Never got released, I'm afraid.

However, there is an M-24 Chaffee here by the Berlin '45 mod:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8013

Quote[/b] ]and the A-26 invader bomber (I prefer with 6 MG).

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5078

I need this addons.

thanks

Never really got past the modelling stage, I'm afraid. It _might_

get re-activated, but not for at least a few weeks.

Very nice! This fits perfectly with the OFP setting.

PS: Sorry i'm currently a little lazy to take a look at the config right now but could you post the string the initiate the paradrop sequence? Thank you. smile_o.gif

Gnat @ June 12 2005,06:44)]Nice Footmunch !!! biggrin_o.gif

BTW, the turning circle seems much too large, which may explain why the AI can't seem to make approach/land.

Great Plane Footmunch!!!

Hope the final version features a working cockpit instead of the texture smile_o.gif

@ Gnat: Try it out at Jungle Everon, should be ok smile_o.gif

I noticed that a.i. wont atack the plane, i tried vulcans and M1A1 tanks standing right next to it, also it is hard to handle in first person due to bad visibility, a hard plane to fly but a plane i would like to see evolve more, it is very promissing and quite usefull at its current beta stage smile_o.gif .