Sign in to follow this  
Stealth3

BF2 Criticism and Thoughts

I was a little dissappointed theres no MEC vs PLA maps, theres only 8 maps anyway, they shuold have let the admin choose the sides on the map, that would have been better.

ALso, there was a lot of talk about this feature and that feature are gonna be in the game, I remember seeing a video where a tank gunner shoots a tin fence and the bullets punch right through, thats not in there.  I don't like how the bonus weapons are the same for all 3 sides as well.

The servers are always full and the ping is usually high (I've got broadband.)

What did get right though, is movement speeds for infantry.  In joint Ops everybody is like the Flash.

seems to me that there is some prick in EA who got some issus on political and putted his little nasty hand on that crap, well or just simply wants to make the far right hands happy, you know, China is evil icon_rolleyes.gif

J/K anyway isnt it? wow_o.gif

Hey, if someone who got BF2 can answer me plz :

What is the little picture between the cup and the target in score board ? and , what is it ? for medics ? for numbers of injuries ? other ?

I just skimmed some of the comments, and most are complaints on its lack of realism.

Okay, has anyone tried out the reality mod for it: http://www.realitymod.com/?

Edit: Okay, I guess it's still in the works. NM rofl.gif

I just skimmed some of the comments, and most are complaints on its lack of realism.

Okay, has anyone tried out the reality mod for it: http://www.realitymod.com/?

Edit: Okay, I guess it's still in the works. NM  rofl.gif

I guess they have alot of work to do then rofl.gif

If these are the basic things they will change then it's not much of reality mod.

Quote[/b] ]- Kill Indicator Removed (e.g. Player A has killed Player B)

- Eliminate Friendly Indicator

- Realistic Ballistics (Bullet Drop, Speed, ROF)

- Longer Spawn Times (So hold on to your life)

- Realistic Damage (Goal is that damage to different hitboxes has different outcomes)

Did anyone notice that in the intro movie, EA turns into the earth and DICE turns into the moon? huh.gif

I guess EA will rule the earth, and DICE will make every legalized game on the moon... I'm just waiting to see the EA 1337tanks driving through the streets...

My largest gripe with Battlefield 2 is that the ballistics have been designed by a two year old. Now I can understand not wanting to have a snipefest, but really, the M24 (Should be the M40) does not fire rubber bullets.

Word on the grapevine is that EA's conducting another round of scorched earth slash-and-burn damage control...

listed ranked servers will now no longer be password-protectable afaik, due to some wankers putting their clan on one side vs a single opponent or bot, killing him a million times over and spawn-camping the flags. So to create 'balance', EA sez that you have to let the public play, or we'll boot you. Not sure if they're going to be purging stats and players, but the Great Satan just tossed another load of brimstone into the fire to roast the clans some more.

of course it is only a matter of time before EA pull the plug on BF2 MP support, and then force everyone to upgrade to a Å40 pack which has none of the features that everyone wanted rofl.gif (CandC generals for those of you who dont know). Beauty is that they make more money and the stupid people in the world with lots of money buy the game.

Granted, some people may enjoy it. But when you start messing with EA its just money money money.

Next MOH is coming out soon banghead.gif

EA's brief on the plotline was short and sweet and reads: Europe 1942. These are desperate hours for the Allied forces as the Nazi war machine rages across a devastated European landscape. With the British on the brink, Lt. William Holt of the OSS is sent on a secret mission by order of the President of the United States. On his own, or with his squad, Holt is pivotal in helping to turn the tide in four of the most crucial battles leading to victory in Europe.

since when did 1 man beat one army?

... Since his name was BJ Blascowitz, and fought his way out of Castle Wolfenstien against all the Sprite Hordes of Hitler, armed only with a 1.44 floppy rated PC-13... whistle.gif

BF2 isnt that bad really, even though it has its faults.

its biggest fault is that you cant shoot through tinwall, or even drive a 50 ton tank over it, it is very annoying.

also, far is i experienced, soldiers on the landing-boats share the armor of the boat itself, you cant kill a soldier sitting on the boat without blowing up the boat!!

those two are extremly annoying, i dont care if snipers and medics basejump down from cranes and high buildings, so what, they "might" have personal parashutes with them that mom bought them when they joined the army...it doenst matter too much, its a part of the game...take it as it is.

but, if there is a way to fix the problems with tinwalls+tank&bullets and soldiers+boats+other-vehicles. then im sure it will provide a superb platform for mods

however, if you manage to play the game without encountering those problems mentioned above, it IS quite an exiting game, fast moving and still not claustrophobic as CS, there is room for manouver for soldiers and vehicles, many ways to attack and defende...simply, there is room for tactic, both individual and teambased, i dont think i will buy the game, ill stick with the demo untill a convincing mod for BF2 arrives.

*Pete*

Dont even think of buying it if your graphic card is slower than a Radeon 9800 Pro. The demo runs much smoother than the full version... some maps are basically only pixel sandstorm and smoke... and this is pretty tough on your hardware

Ranked servers are still hard to find and very laggy. All in All the game is still full of bugs, most of them are related with server settings and connection problems.

The maps playing in an arid environments are pretty nice and athmospheric, the others havent realy convinced me yet. They look too artificial.

All in all the game has lots of potential. If you forget for a while that you are a hardcore realism OFP fan then you can indeed enjoy some very funny encounters and situations.

Realy anoying however is that the game allows bunnyjumping, Ben-Johnson-sprinting, and precise aiming when running and jumping. That is just too damn ridiculous. Luckily it doesnt give you much of an advantage if you play on good servers.

Actually if you would

disable sprinting,

disable the crosshair,

allow jumping only once ever 5 seconds  

disable the medic

then it could realy be a good game even for a bit tolerant OFP players. Maybe we will see a mod out there like that one day!  

If you got any questions concerning the full version just send me a pm!   thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Actually if you would

disable sprinting,

disable the crosshair,

allow jumping only once ever 5 seconds

disable the medic

then it could realy be a good game even for a bit tolerant OFP players

Not for me. There is so much more in BF that is so messed up...

Weapons, recoil, penetration values, effectiveness of weapons, damage model, simplification of vehicle control...

Anyway I guess BF will never be attrative to me.

That´s simply because of all the kiddies who come along with it.

For me it´s just like Cabal with more than 2 players.

Cabal.png

Anyway, I certainly do think that there are a lot of guys who want and will play it. Just count me out.

Yes, flying helos in BF is crap while it´s pretty good simulated for a FPS in OFP wink_o.gif

Yes, flying helos in BF is crap while it´s pretty good simulated for a FPS in OFP  wink_o.gif

well it is easier in OFP, thats fore sure! wink_o.gif .. But dont get me wrong.. I am not trying to put these 2 in competition. But I can say that there are interesting moments in it that OFP did not suceed in simulating yet. For example combat scenarios in tight cities!

flying in BF2 is just like driving a TVR on a track filled with oil and water, while its like driving a "normal" road car in OFP, lets guess what will it like in "ArmA" and "game 2", would it be a DB9 or a gulf GTI, a Carrera GT or Ford GT??? (poor JC icon_rolleyes.gif )

While in BF2 it´s like

steve93101.3775.jpg

I hope that OFP 2 it will be like

batmobile_1.jpg

Holy developeness !batman.gif

Dont even think of buying it if your graphic card is slower than a Radeon 9800 Pro. The demo runs much smoother than the full version... some maps are basically only pixel sandstorm and smoke... and this is pretty tough on your hardware

Not entirely true. I only have 512mb of Memory and a Radeon 9600 (mind you, wiht its own 256mb) and I can run the game great with a few settings set on medium.

Sorry if everyone has seen this, but my friend got a nice quote off Gamespot:

Quote[/b] ]Though Battlefield 2 is set in a fictional conflict and in fictional settings, you can't help but wonder if this is what street combat in Iraq might be like.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I posted that a couple of pages back. I luaghed my head off to rofl.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I no longer consider Gamespot a serious invention. The last month I've lost all my faith in them.

I no longer consider Gamespot a serious invention. The last month I've lost all my faith in them.

I never liked Gamespot anyways. Their reviews, especially for the PS2, just seem way too off whenever I rent or play a game they rank low.

Guest major gandhi

played the BF2 demo the last three nights and I must say the game is pretty nice. Of course it's not ofp, but after hanging out on malden for so long I'm really surprised of what my graphics card is capable of. It's just lots of fun playing it.

And to all those guys flaming about how unrealistic BF2 would be:

BF2 doesn't want to be a military simulation or something, just a fun multiplayer game. so you can't really compare ofp to BF2. Just two different genres.

played the BF2 demo the last three nights and I must say the game is pretty nice. Of course it's not ofp, but after hanging out on malden for so long I'm really surprised of what my graphics card is capable of. It's just lots of fun playing it.

And to all those guys flaming about how unrealistic BF2 would be:

BF2 doesn't want to be a military simulation or something, just a fun multiplayer game. so you can't really compare ofp to BF2. Just two different genres.

finally someone who thinks exactly like I do! two quotes I have found before:

"Battlefield is all about fun, action-oriented gameplay. We'll leave the truly realistic experiences to the mod teams who thrive on that type of action." (DICE, source)

"Battlefield will always be first about fun and secondly about realism. Realism implies complexity." (Sean Decker, source)

yeah it is quite laggy but still fun. I run it great(In SP) on a geforce 256mb 6200, I play it online on my dads pc which is a x600 256mb.

this game surprisingly has 3 freakin CDs, and this game is a awesome timekiller and its great if you have gotten board playing in the Mission Editor on a rainy sunday afternoon and ant to take a break!

it doesn't even compare to OFP but it is actually quite nice (IMO) to take a break from all these sims like OFP and SH3 and just relax. (no offence to anyone btw)