Sign in to follow this  
raedor

RHS releases: GRU, SOBR, RFMI, GAZ66, Weapon Pack

Actually, the cold war soviet troops in plain color uniform are also very cool besides the cammo style. Such as the shoulder board with ranks and etc... I think most of soldiers in that era are in no cammo uniform. Just regretfully, up to now, there is no ture pack of that era for soviet red army to be made for so long time in OFP!

just wanted to add that I love these units  xmas_o.gif the fantastic promo pics drew me in and I already put them to good(maybe somewhat atypical) usage. Normally I don't care what specific units should be used for in OFP, but the degree of sophistication on these ones may require some more respect from my side. What would be typical tasks for these units?

These units and weapons are just great! Excellent texturing and modeling! IMO, best Russian units since Marine Assault Pack.

BUT, this was probably brought before (here or somewhere in Laser units threads), I hate what this head model do to my face! I know don't have a small nose, but for Christ's sakes it's not THAT big... crazy_o.gif

faces.jpg

Here's a little comparison. I assure you, I look pretty much like the guy on the left.

Today is 1-month from releasing pack. What's new maybe...fix to dll??? rock.gif

i can send you a test version. but currently our team is, as already said, outnumbered. the only one who's really working on the patch is me, pavel, kenji, clausewitz & tomislav are doing a good job as betatesters...

just wanted to add that I love these units xmas_o.gif the fantastic promo pics drew me in and I already put them to good(maybe somewhat atypical) usage. Normally I don't care what specific units should be used for in OFP, but the degree of sophistication on these ones may require some more respect from my side. What would be typical tasks for these units?

Arent? motorized infantry kinda like shock troops of russian army? rock.gif They are the spear tip of any large scale assault. Aside from that they do duties like regular US infantry. The difference being that motorized infantry is... well motorized and move with IFV's, APC's and trucks all the time.

GRU perform sabotage, intelligence and small scale raids behind enemy lines.

SOBR is supposed to put down bossible rebellions in army bases and in chechenia they are quite often used in police duties.

Someone who knows more about the subject can correct my mistakes, which I am sure there are quite alot. biggrin_o.gif

About the new heads... this is bugging me too, they are ebtter than the normal heads but also many faces look bit deformed on it sad_o.gif

I hope we find a nice replacement for it, the new heads models ive seen so far look good but i need one where the old ofp faces still can be used.

I'm getting error mesages before the splash screen concerning a JAM mag. I can't remember which. Also I get an error message for another Jam mag when I load a mission in the editor. Anyone else having the same trouble?

Another bug, when I place a squad on the map and then click on a radioman or something, after I come out of the little init screen the unit changes to one of the Spetz Naz units automatically. This happens every time I do it. Doesn't happen with officers though. I thought you should know. Sorry if someone else has mentioned it before.

About the new heads... this is bugging me too, they are ebtter than the normal heads but also many faces look bit deformed on it  sad_o.gif

I hope we find a nice replacement for it, the new heads models ive seen so far look good but i need one where the old ofp faces still can be used.

Perhaps I can try to map my head with the old BIS textures but it is very tricky as the textures are not really suited for anything else than texturing a box which the BIS head basicly is. It wont be perfect or even close to it but I think I can manage to get a fairly good result if I try hard.

Small test using new head and old textures

I will need to do a few model changes to make it fit all the textures.

I'm getting error mesages before the splash screen concerning a JAM mag. I can't remember which. Also I get an error message for another Jam mag when I load a mission in the editor. Anyone else having the same trouble?

Another bug, when I place a squad on the map and then click on a radioman or something, after I come out of the little init screen the unit changes to one of the Spetz Naz units automatically. This happens every time I do it. Doesn't happen with officers though. I thought you should know. Sorry if someone else has mentioned it before.

both has been mentioned and both is fixed. thanks for reporting anyway. smile_o.gif

Where can I get the fixed units? Ofp.info only has the old ones as far as I know. Maybe you should ask them to update their download info.

Where can I get the fixed units? Ofp.info only has the old ones as far as I know. Maybe you should ask them to update their download info.

sorry, the update with the fixed versions is not yet released. sad_o.gif

I get a .modelspeciall error when trying to use any of these units sad_o.gif

Are there any other addons needed to use this addon? (sorry if this has been asked but I'm a lazy bugger...!) xmas_o.gif

just the RHS weapons. All included in the links at the beguining. wink_o.gif you lazy bugger, lol.

Regards.

@CERO.

Unless it's an updated pack since the RHS crew weapon pack, I have it. *checks*

The RHS crew weapons are overwrited with the new ones, giving you an error, the guys from RHS are working in a fix AFAIK.

Regards.

@CERO.

About the new heads... this is bugging me too, they are ebtter than the normal heads but also many faces look bit deformed on it  sad_o.gif

Where are those new heads??? It seems they weren't included in your previous release pack. But I like them and wanna have a try.

Gru operators usually dont wear any helmets at all not really needed for their missions.

But our SOBR guys already have it also the grenadier has a sfera.

OK.

I wait. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It's worth, like for this release.

I must say i never play Russians in OFP before this GREAT addon came out.

@Shadow NX

That was just a thought, because i see many pictures with soldiers in this helmets, and i must say i like it.

YES. The SOBR soldiers are Superb. I like to play with them biggrin_o.gif

Who knows... maybe we make some Spets like the guy in the pics... vitiaz i guess

Already have made lots of scribbles...

But other things got first priority atm

Btw... nice to hear that we brought you to the dark side young jedi tounge_o.gif