Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

Novajev Island released

Whilst making a test mission I ran into this as I drove into the main city (begins with 'A' apologies for not remembering the name) from the north.

Couldn't see a thing.. unless I turned around.

[ig]http://www.tigerwebdesigns.co.uk/novajev.jpg[/img]

(I'm running ECP;Llaumax;Sanctuary;Locke mods on this test)

Any ideas?

crazy_o.gif

StealthTiger, that has happened to me before, something to do with dxdll or FlashFX, or one of those conversion mods. It happens when there is alot of lag (for me at least), or thats what I think... Anyways, im positive it has nothing to do with the island...

Guest major gandhi

could you at least use some of the mapfact buildings, your island especially the airport would profit of it!

could you at least use some of the mapfact buildings, your island especially the airport would profit of it!
Also we will try to keep the number of required addons as small as possible, so we will most likely not include mapfact or other addons. Sorry.

For the first time, an island adapted for motorized combat is done, with extended road infrastructure, excellent for recon, for observation missions, with many possibilities to bypass enemy positions. Not a map being just a collection of small battlegrounds, being high quality ones with the tremendous Mapfact addons or not (Mapfact Nogova is also a great island but roads and trails are really missing sad_o.gif ).

Using few addons also helps small PC configurations and don't oblige to download heavy addons for server and players. It also gives more "place" on servers for units addons.

any updates on this one.

please dont let this one die i honestly think that its the best island out there sad_o.gif

looking really promising smile_o.gif

any updates on this one.

please dont let this one die i honestly think that its the best island out there sad_o.gif

thanks.

We're currently working on the eastern part of the island, so this project is not dead.

We'll hopefully show some pictures soon.

This island is the perfect example that with only Bis objects you can create beautiful islands. smile_o.gif

it is also an example of the first "real" like island with sidewalks and everything. i think that just settin up a few civies and waypoints in some of the cities feels like it could be a real town.

i just had my first spin on this island, and i can second everything that have been said about this island, this makes very good use of the resitance objects to create believable cities, very nice thought of alleys, fences, pavewalks and more very good job smile_o.gif

but could i make a minor request/suggestion that you please dont post your name on the map of the final version, i think it looks strange once missions are played on the island and a name appears on the bottom of the map (there was a desert island released some time ago with beautiful placed objects, it does look real nice, but i never use it, since the maker of the island placed his name in the middle of the south bay)

Ive tried the island and love it! Nice and quiet! biggrin_o.gif

I have 1 request for you guys, pretty please make a LARGE house somewhere like on a very nice spot to live with a view over the ocean and mountains and such. Give that house a large garden with l337 driveway a little roundabout with a nice fountain in the middle! And most important give it a wall that isnt crumbled down in certain pieces!!! The nogova walls you know, I have seen many nice houses but everytime they have a broken down wall arround it. And If I had lots of money to live in a big house I would have a nice wall surrounding it!

It would be for like the president of Nogojev or well when I get the islands next update for meh! blues.gif

There arent really any big " cribs" in ofp! sad_o.gif

nice works so far with the island for sure!

Maybee give the airport a bit bigger look with increasing the taxiway so you can taxi all the way next to the runway! Its much safer and looks a bit more real!

Nice work with the docks they look cooler when the water is higher!

Any updates? Screenies perhaps?

It's an amazing island and I can't wait to see it finished. smile_o.gif

The islands kickass, better then those with a million addons needed and doesn't lag at all and is pretty detailed, seriously these are the only towns in OFP where i can imagine people living in them. Could use the occasional fuel station here and there but its great without those anyway.

Pretty good for tank battles with libmod.

I have no idea how I missed this island, but it looks amazing! As well as that, it loads quicker than Desert island!! The towns are truly spectacular...A couple of suggestions though;

1)I know you don't really want to have to use other downloads on this island, but to get the atmosphere as real as possible it's a bit of a must. You definately need Mapfact for the Airport; the CSLA Aeroflot plane and the upcoming Mapfact DC3 pack would look very nice on that island.

2)I don't know how much it would weigh the system down, but maybe fence or bush off alot of the roads on the island? No place I know has no unfenced areas (except alot of places in North America, but they have miles of roadside ditches).

Otherwise, I love this island, and I'm going back to play it right now...

Hello folks.

The Novajev project is still alive, "the martinitram" is currently working on the eastern part. xmas_o.gif

However, the island is progressing slowly. whistle.gif

Here are some pictures of the main city on the eastern part, located near good ol' Lipany. The citys size is equal to the size of Anjoukov but is missing details.

c01_tn.jpg c02_tn.jpg

c03_tn.jpg c04_tn.jpg

c05_tn.jpg

The western part has been updated to.

Object count is reduced and landscape updated.

Here is a picture of the overworked canyon:

x_tn.jpg

Here are various pictures of the eastern part.

The southern part is nearly completed.

15_tn.jpg 16_tn.jpg 17_tn.jpg 18_tn.jpg 19_tn.jpg 20_tn.jpg 21_tn.jpg

Glad to hear of the progress, this has to be one of my favorite islands smile_o.gif Keep up the good work

I was really hoping this project was still going. The potential for more urban style conflicts is enormous! pistols.gif

great to see this is still being worked on smile_o.gif

hope you will be able to finnish this project.

addons on this i don't really care so much if i think anything is missing out when i make a mission i like to put in some stuff to fill in the blanks biggrin_o.gif

if you make it no addons, i would wish you make some flat areas around airports and towns so people can put in their addon buildings and stuff there when making missions and it would be perfect notworthy.gif

Looks excellent, I'll try it tomorrow morning.  wink_o.gif

The screens look amazing. I agree however with the suggestion of using stuff like Mapfact's addons. They cover prety much everything you might want to add (airports and lights as mentioned, etc). They are also good quality, and most people have them.

If someone were to update this island using Baracken, etc, to the quality of Mapfact Nogova, I'd wet myself. Can only hope... inlove.gif

Why do you all want to have 3-4 military bases on a small piece of land lost in the ocean? crazy_o.gif

edit: typo