Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Lowlands Warrior Mod

Since some people have been looking for some updates, we've decided to make a dedicated thread, with regular updates. You can find more information, and progress screens in here. (As well as ask questions, etc)

Currently we are working on houses (and objects) for the city's of Bonaire. In the two images below you can see some progress on the oldest town on Bonaire, the city of Rincon. Everything is still in progress, and being work on, so changes are very likely. And as mentioned above, we are currently in the stages of making new objects, and new buildings, and homes for the citizens of Bonaire. Stay tuned for more.  smile_o.gif

bonairenew1.jpg

bonairenew2.jpg

Looks good, and with all/most of the trees and houses being custom made/not official should defintaly be unique.

A question though - are the infantry being worked on and being made to look different, as the infantry all looked the same, and it was hard to tell the difference between them, other than when they have the different coloured berrets on. The infantry were nice, i really like them, i would just prefere to have them vary more depending on whether they were Marines, or Airbourne, etc.

Quote[/b] ]A question though - are the infantry being worked on and being made to look different, as the infantry all looked the same, and it was hard to tell the difference between them, other than when they have the different coloured berrets on. The infantry were nice, i really like them, i would just prefere to have them vary more depending on whether they were Marines, or Airbourne, etc.

The troops released so far have been an interim release. Were working on an improved soldier model, and the new release of troops will be far more diverse. You will see more unique features, within groups of the same unit, but also within different units.

This is one of my favorite mods.

Mine too  tounge_o.gif

@hotshot;

Quote[/b] ] and with all/most of the trees and houses being custom made/not official should defintaly be unique.

That's not completely true. I'm a big fan of the island made by Berghoff and he made a few islands with no or almost no default BIS trees and buildings. His Kumlinge island, for example, is very good.

But indeed it's still quite rare, which is a real shame, since the default trees (especially the CWC ones) can really ruin a good island. Some of the CWC buildings are pretty good, though (te ones you can enter).

Looking... great for a WIP.

I have all your addons downloaded, and I think I just got the Scoutland island to work.

They're excellent. Thanks.

not to complain but, the ground textures dont really fit...

they just look wierd imho...

This is one of my favorite mods.

Mine too  tounge_o.gif

yes strangely enough I must say I really like the work they have done so far in bringing The Netherlands to the world of OFP..

I can also not wait for the other addons to be released like the BO-105, the Fennek, and also the YPR and the PC-7! wow_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

To make it official;

As Manhunter wrote, the BO105, Fennek LVB, YPR and PC-7 are indeed (among the addons) being worked on by the developers of the LLW-mod. If I'm not mistaken all of these were already confirmed in an lder thread, but now you know for sure.

Silent N Deadly is now our 'PR'-guy (and also a developer) and will handle the newsposting here. Most of the news and updates will be posted by him. Other developers will still visit these forums, so questions can be asked here.

@Lee_H._Oswald

I'm honored by the fact that you consider the LLW-mod one of your favorite mods. As a 'neighbour' as I can say that the BW-mod (in all it's different forms from the beginning) has allways had my attention and is also one of my favorite mods.

The troops released so far have been an interim release. Were working on an improved soldier model, and the new release of troops will be far more diverse. You will see more unique features, within groups of the same unit, but also within different units.

Even those are one of the best units I ever played.

One of my favourite mods too indeed. Infact its the only mod ive bothered making a mission for a complete one at that tounge_o.gif .

My only gripe is textures on the soldiers somehow are too stretched on certain places which ruins the look. Plus those present islands are just rehash's of BIS stuff i would be happy if a new island is made.The pics posted of WIP are good but the ground textures remind me of melted chocolate/vanilla icecream crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif .

All I can say about those ground textures, is that they are the best I could find for representing the ground on real-life Bonaire. Just notice that the ones on the pictures are just one kind, there are about 10 different types of ground textures and this one is indeed a bit blurry, but looks good ingame.

As for the objects, they are indeed all custom made, because nothing from RES or CWC seems to fit on Bonaire.

Hi,

All infantry will eventually be redone, with different models, textures and classnames (so they won't break all those missions in which the current ones are used). These new versions will take some time to appear, as there are various other projects taking up sparse time.

The marines and army can be readily distinguished already: the former use United States woodland pattern fatigues, the latter use a Dutch variant of British DPM.

There are few differences in equipment and attire between the airmobile - and the armoured infantry in real life too. The main differences are in the berets and unit insignia. The socalled 'opsvest' loadbearing equipment which was originally a telltale mark of the KCT and airmobile brigade troops can be observed in use with other units as well. A wider selection of loadbearing gear and accessories (e.g. radio's) will be added, but airmobile - and armoured infantry will not be readily distinguishable except by soft headgear and unit patches.

Regards,

Sander

All I can say about those ground textures, is that they are the best I could find for representing the ground on real-life Bonaire. Just notice that the ones on the pictures are just one kind, there are about 10 different types of ground textures and this one is indeed a bit blurry, but looks good ingame.

As for the objects, they are indeed all custom made, because nothing from RES or CWC seems to fit on Bonaire.

What resolution are those textures btw? Are you/we useing the 1024 textures or 512?

smile_o.gif

Who are the bad guys on Bonaire? Cuba? Venezuela?

I believe it's Venezuela smile_o.gif

Hi,

Opposing forces (bad guys (or just misunderstood)) will be the armed forces of Venezuela. Some details can also be found on our forum, which has an English section:

http://llw.the-dropzone.net/forum/

Ironically in a recent study on security issues in the Caribbean Venezuela and the Netherlands Antilles are listed as one of the few neighbouring countries with an exemplary record of no current and historical disputes. The 1929 raid by the Venezuelan bandit Urbina on Curacao was a criminal enterprise, not a military conflict. Bonaire was last invaded from Venezuela in 1642 by a Spanish force under governor Fuenmayor, but then again the Dutch had nicked the island from the Spanish.

Regards,

Sander

Here is a PDF document which contains a sample of the Military balance 2004 by IISS. Lucky for you guys South America is featured in this sample wink_o.gif

It contains a complete order of battle of every branch in the Venezuelan armed forces. I think you guys can use it smile_o.gif

Here is a link: Click here!

Very nice link Ironsight. A good and short view of all the forces (and more important; all equipment) of their military.

Thanks for posting it.