Sign in to follow this  
-HA-kgb-cccp

Transparent Water by Voyager

I think the most reason why it slow-down some machines is not supported Direct3D HW T&L rendering, so for example ATI videocards work better with HWTL than without it.

Note that it is first early beta version. I hope that author can really improve that feature, and as he said, he would add some pixel shaders support;)

QUICK SOMEBODY TOSS THE COC SUB IN TEH WATER AND TAKE SCREENSHOTS! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifcrazy_o.gifblues.gif

kgb-cccp @ April 22 2005,00:58)]No idea unfortunately, but I doubt it... cause on what I've talked to the authorm it either reflects or it is transparent, because of how its made where its now an object I beleive...

That's got a simple reason. DXDLL detects the water texture by checking the textures CRC (I may be wrong) so the moment you change the texture, even if you only do small changes, the water wouldn't be recognized any further. That's also the reason why objects, that use the original BIS water texture, are reflective. Since the transparent water texture is different to the original textures, they won't work with DXDLL. Unless Kegetys releases a new version, but I doubt he will unless a really awesome transparent texture is released (didn't try this one yet).

ok, tried now many different viewdistances on all 4 transparency level, and everytime it looks like this:

unbenannt19hw.jpg

do we on this addon again have a graphic card restiction?

just got a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis and was happy that dxdll works, would be a pitty if such a cool thing would not work again sad_o.gif but those screenshots at least look promising

I tried it out a bit and it's pretty nice. It still needs some work but the basics are there. It's a very nice alternative for Geforce MX users who can't use DXDLL smile_o.gif

BTW: The 3rd water texture is not seamless, so it looks a bit odd rock.gif

no i see: @all that have the problems i posted above.

seems that this tool does not work with shortcuts as most other things, you Have TO Use the Run OFP option of the configurator !!

have fun then smile_o.gif

Tomislav m8 I think you have another OFP version 1.96 download this one and install it than run the transparant water.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/?downloadid=13173

Cause I had same problems first too I had Flashpointbeta version 1.96 and exact same problems but I downloaded this official new 1.96 patch and now it works  wink_o.gif

Edit:There are 2 1.96 patches 1 beta 1 official the one in link I posted is official.

Otherwise it gives error when you try to run it with transparant water that you have a wrong version.

Also dont worry this 1.96 works without resistance CD too wink_o.gif

@Extraction: i am already using the "official 1.96 version, but i don't get the transparent water when using a shortcut, it only work for me if i use the run ofp option of the configurator rock.gif

@Extraction: i am already using the "official 1.96 version, but i don't get the transparent water when using a shortcut, it only work for me if i use the run ofp option of the configurator rock.gif

nomap's fault maybe?

D:\Spiele\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap -nosplash -MOD=OWPW

D:\Spiele\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap -nosplash -MOD=OWPW

He's got exactly the same path to OFP as I wow_o.gif

Try disabling -nomap in the link, maybe it works then.

ok, tried now many different viewdistances on all 4 transparency level, and everytime it looks like this:

[/img]http://img254.echo.cx/img254/2412/unbenannt19hw.jpg[/img]

do we on this addon again have a graphic card restiction?

just got a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis and was happy that dxdll works, would be a pitty if such a cool thing would not work again sad_o.gif but those screenshots at least look promising

Same here. I can't use the "Run ofp" button as I get a "Wrong version!" error.

Try disabling -nomap in the link, maybe it works then.

doesn't change anything here

@Nemesis: maybe re-download it again from flashpoint.ru

Already done that several times. I put the installer in the OFP root directory. I press the install button. I wait for it to finish. When it's finished, I "Run OFP" and I get the "Wrong version!" message.

Already done that several times. I put the installer in the OFP root directory. I press the install button. I wait for it to finish. When it's finished, I "Run OFP" and I get the "Wrong version!" message.

are you using ofp version 1.96 ?

@Extraction: all addons i want to use with the transparent water thing i have to put in the owpw folder, i tried now quite a few things, but it never worked via shortcut and modfolder, so my whole modfoldersystem doesn't work with it sad_o.gif

but it is really cool, also you see that it is a beta: you see that the water is divided into squares when you look at it, and if you dive from one watersquare into the other you don't see the part under water in the new one until the vehicle\ship is completely in it (that can be noticed when using the everon cartel submarine, as it vanishes completely when it is in the dive phase when you drive from one watersquare into the other)

edit: another thing is that if you are flying with a chopper above the water you only see the desert ground where the rotor is moving, seems as if the rotorwash takes the watertexture away,

yeah, and as pappy already said, units with own eventhandlers can often not see the water too, then there is only blank desert, but you die anyway when you go there tounge_o.gif

but all in all i like it very much, thx for the hard work smile_o.gif

I have version 1.96 beta and it runs with every shortcut i have in use. you just have to do one thing: rename the shortcut into FlashpointResistance.exe. Every shortcut, which is named in this way and is a version of 1.96 (beta or not), will work.

A bug report: When the player starts a mission being a COC-Diver, you cant see any water at all. Neither the transparent, nor the normal water. its like a big desert.

Me too. biggrin_o.gif

And I also have the same problem. rock.gif

this addon is great especialy when you run it with FDF, without any shortcuts like this -mod=FDF;OWPW

this addon is great especialy when you run it with FDF, without any shortcuts like this -mod=FDF;OWPW

could you tell me how i can achieve that it is working like that? it does not start for me like this

nice nice...

but it wont work with key'gts reflection...

and it will not trust me.

its reflections or transperant water till now.

Ran with no lag here.

Was okay, but I miss the water reflections :P

Hmm, when some one makes up some under water foliage and makes an island for this it oculd be.. okay biggrin_o.gif

Nice work though, cant wait for final version smile_o.gif

- Ben