Sign in to follow this  
Locke@Germany

OFP Animation Enhancement V0.5

@ April 14 2005,00:34)]I implemented it into my old ECP , shooted the game and it worked flawlessly smile_o.gif thanx man this rocks big time.

How did you do it? I am running an ECP right now and I want them both together! PM me what I have to do to implement please. wink_o.gif

@Buliwyf

Thats wierd!? Seems to work fine here even if I only done some initial MP tests so far... Is it a Win32 or a Linux server?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Bug:

When rolling and shooting for no reason, if you are about to run of bullets (havent run out) you can hit "R" or reload button and you instantly reload another mag, no animation for it or sound. Just another mag of bullets. crazy_o.gif

You will run of bullets but there is no reloading, just instant ammo.

sad_o.gif

Otherwise Great Work,

Anyone? These "WalkLeft" and "WalkRight" keys, can't find it... is it the strafe keys, or...? FYI, I'm not using the default controls.

EDIT: I think I figured it out... EDIT: Apparently I didn't!

Another restriction in OFP bites the dust. Are we good or are we all good?  biggrin_o.gif

Great Addon mate.  wink_o.gif

lmao

anyone ever notice how when someone makes a wonderful revolutionary addon its "we did it!" but when someone cant do it or cant figure it out its "you cant do it"

why do we take credit as a whole for revolutionary mods and blame a single person when it cant be done

Anyone? These "WalkLeft" and "WalkRight" keys, can't find it... is it the strafe keys, or...? FYI, I'm not using the default controls.

EDIT: I think I figured it out... EDIT: Apparently I didn't!

Hold Down "Shift" and push Strafe Left or Right. Unless Shift isnt the key you push "W" with to sprint. ("E" is easier but in this case you use Shift with Strafe Left/Right)

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS INTO ECP!? rock.gif

smile_o.gif

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS INTO ECP!?  rock.gif

smile_o.gif

copy and paste the cfg moves from the text file in the rar

replace the cfgmoves section of the config

put the pbo file in your addons folder

bin the config using cpp2bin

go play

Another restriction in OFP bites the dust. Are we good or are we all good? biggrin_o.gif

Great Addon mate. wink_o.gif

lmao

anyone ever notice how when someone makes a wonderful revolutionary addon its "we did it!" but when someone cant do it or cant figure it out its "you cant do it"

why do we take credit as a whole for revolutionary mods and blame a single person when it cant be done

all the more that it's not a restriction thats been beaten, it had been said before that it was possible, and how (the guys from ECP, i dont take credits for that ;) ) but it had yet to be done and released smile_o.gif

Not meant to lessen locke's work... this was MISSING a lot, and this is really a very good job.

@Rommel and others

to make it work with ECP simply replace the class cfgmovemc section in the config with the one provided in the archive, put the pbo in @ecp\addons (or any other addons\ you'd use) and that's it.

@Rommel and off topic, i really dont like your nick, this is quite disturbing to me, and although it's off topic and could start a flamewar which i dont wish, i would have felt bad if i would not frankly say it.

EDIT: get ECP config.cpp from OFPEC, ecp developer's version with sources. Binarize it before you use it .

But the config.bin is already a .bin!? How do I un-bin it? rock.gif

I tried to implement this into the FlashFXUR config (low CPU), I replaced the CfgMovesMC class as Pappy Boyington said. Then I've downloaded cpp2bin1.2 and I tried to make a bin, but I got an error : error on property destroyfriendly - CfgExperience

I 'm a total noob in this crazy_o.gif

Then I unpack the flashFXUR config bin, change nothing,make a bin and I got exact the same error???  sad_o.gif

But the config.bin is already a .bin!? How do I un-bin it? rock.gif

umm ECP has numerous editable configs available rock.gif

Its already a custom ECP..... Thats why I need to open it, cause you cant get any editable version of it anywhere.

Then I unpack the flashFXUR config bin, change nothing,make a bin and I got exact the same error??? sad_o.gif

What do you use to unpack a bin?!?!?! rock.gif

Please someone help me.....

I tried to implement this into the FlashFXUR config (low CPU), I replaced the CfgMovesMC class as Pappy Boyington said. Then I've downloaded cpp2bin1.2 and I tried to make a bin, but I got an error : error on property destroyfriendly - CfgExperience

Then I unpack the flashFXUR config bin, change nothing,make a bin and I got exact the same error???  sad_o.gif

ive said this 98473 times so ill say it again

NEVER UNPACK A BIN FILE

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

the only thing you will get by unpacking a .bin file is errors, lost data, and one huge hemmroatic pain in the ass.

if you are using a total conversion mod, which is either EECP, Y2K3, or FFUR and afaik every one of us has released an editable config of our mod, unless thunderbird hasnt been doing that? but i know i always included an editable config file

if not ask the creator of the mod u use to send u an editable config

A great addition to OFP - I wondered why no one did it before. A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to actually get the screen image rolling along with you like America's Army has?

2. How does peeking affect your visibility? Trying this out in "Steal the Car" it seemed like the AI see you instantly as if your whole body was exposed.

Great job nonetheless.

Triumph

A great addition to OFP - I wondered why no one did it before. A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to actually get the screen image rolling along with you like America's Army has?

2. How does peeking affect your visibility? Trying this out in "Steal the Car" it seemed like the AI see you instantly as if your whole body was exposed.

Great job nonetheless.

Triumph

no its not possible to edit the veiw

and i made the same test, with that and a custom test on desert island, and for me it seemed like the AI saw me less, at first i thought it was a bug the AI doesnt see you at all, but i peek out just long enough for them to pull out thier gun and look at me so i concluded they seem me just fine

oh and by the way for those of you missing your old "sprint strafe left and right" moves use the foreward and left strafeing move, it does the same thing and its been my experiance u run faster that way too.

m... i can't get these animations to work!!!

did readme's instructions, copied pbo file to the ofp/res/addons, created shortcut of exe file and started the mod, but somehow it doesn't seem to work... sad_o.gif(

help me

Locke@Germany -

i would like to add the 'Project WarChamber' rolling anim to my anim.pbo for personal pleasure smile_o.gif

could you point out the names of the anims, so i can add them to my personal anim.pbo?

i use sanctuary patrol anims 1.5 along with his lean/left/right and his ducked walk,

but would really love to have the 'Project WarChamber' rolling animation in there too wink_o.gif

This looks promising. I'll definitely be giving it a try.

Then I unpack the flashFXUR config bin, change nothing,make a bin and I got exact the same error??? sad_o.gif

ive said this 98473 times so ill say it again

NEVER UNPACK A BIN FILE

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

the only thing you will get by unpacking a .bin file is errors, lost data, and one huge hemmroatic pain in the ass.

if you are using a total conversion mod, which is either EECP, Y2K3, or FFUR and afaik every one of us has released an editable config of our mod, unless thunderbird hasnt been doing that? but i know i always included an editable config file

if not ask the creator of the mod u use to send u an editable config

Do you mean unpack or view? Cause I have a perfect program that doesnt screw up configs. ( I got it today ) . Works perfect. Search for BinView on OFP.gamezone.cz for more info and d/l links. wink_o.gif

Gotta say it again: GREAT ADDON!

For the guys putting it in there ECP: I wouldnt use these Animations with ECP etc when in multiplayer unless your the server, I have crashed 2 Servers today the second I used it. tounge_o.gif

(or unless the server is running the same version)

Some Pics from the upcoming update beta V0.52:

crouchedlean.jpg

LeanBeta2.jpg

crouchedlean2.jpg

LeanBeta21.jpg

Just some minor adjustments and it will be ready for release . smile_o.gif