Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

New island Freya

Looks like a beautiful island, great name too by the way smile_o.gif. Downloading now.

I just had a long and slow Deltaflight over the island... Great job smile_o.gif

Big island btw.

Wow...

Very nice!

One of the best islands to come a along in a while that dosn't use addons smile_o.gif

Looks really nice, and yeah great choice of name smile_o.gif

i just checked it, very nice island, it fits 100% to nogova and all the ofp stuff smile_o.gif

the streets are done very "real" imho (many curves), only in some places it is too "angularly", looks like you made the street from two sides and saw that you won't meet up with both ends wink_o.gif

the name freya is indeed a good choice, but the towns on the island end too often with -heim (and midgard... lol) biggrin_o.gif

you should put an ofpec registered tag in front of your pbo and add some anims for the island (the camera sequence when you go back to main menu after playing on the island).

all in all a great addition to ofp and this without addons! smile_o.gif

Yep, just saw the screens and had to check it out...very nice work! Amazing surface-structure and many nice locations, especially the arrangment of the housing-blocks looks really good but there surely a lot of other "eyecatchers".

Greetz

Plage

agreed with Plague,,  Some great big towny location with extra forests n hills and many hideaways.. Lots of mission making potential,,

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

Also agreed with comments under,,,   I knocked at the ranch outside Sol.. no anwser,,, just my luck, it was prob a HEn night ;) (oooh jokes getting worse by the day)

After spending close to an hour just driving around the island and looking near everywhere I have to say you have done a great job with this. I hope to make a misc object pack in the next few months that would go pretty well with the setting, just beautiful. Oh, and thanks for the little surprise outside of Sol wink_o.gif

Having explored the island a bit now, I can easily say this is the most beautiful island I've seen in OFP. The houses and streets in the villages/cities are arranged in an awesome way, it feels more real and it looks damn good. The curvy roads, the forests. Even a fjord. wow_o.gif I would've liked it even more if you used Instructor's Finnish buildings pack for more of a Scandinavian feeling, whether that's what you pursue(d) or not. smile_o.gif

You missed putting text (Civilian/Military airfield) over the airfield in the south-east.

If you plan on updating the island, maybe you could put in some extra sounds too, to make the island more living, such as dogs and birds in the villages, wolves, owls in the forest, usw.

Great job! smile_o.gif

damn this rocks! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif ! it's even better than nogova great job!! I like the island area a lot were there are a lot of bridges biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

This island is really great!

3Airports, many (tactical important)bridges, beautiful city's, very nice landscape, etc.

The CTI version is a very nice bonus, especially for aircraft missions.(higher viewdistances possible)

A BIG THANK YOU for that fantastic island!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Nice island Heinbloed! I like it, it's got flair smile_o.gif

Maybe refine the airports a bit in the next version? Other airport textures would be great too.

Hmm why change it?? I think its a benchmark for BIS object islands,, needing no other addons and making it enjoyabley easy to DL and play.

Guest The Cobra

I like this island alot... It's nice done with roads going like big S-curves when mountains are in the way biggrin_o.gif .

Imagine this wit AEF-kampagnes train addon... tounge_o.gif

could someone tell me what vehicles there are on the pics on flashpoint.ru

http://www.flashpoint.ru/

especially the zodiac

In the first pic, the plane is Fiesler Fi 156 "Storch". Often called as flying jeep, had a top speed of around 200km/h, could carry 3 personnel and was reliable and easy to fly. If the wind is big enough, it can fly backwards (or so I've read). Sorry no d/l link.

In the last pic, the car is Orcs Moskvich 2137 "Universal.

Nice island, BTW.

Hmm why change it?? I think its a benchmark for BIS object islands,, needing no other addons and making it enjoyabley easy to DL and play.

Hmm because they're nice wink_o.gif It was just a thought, and using different _textures_ wouldn't mean that it'd need addons, it's only that way when it comes to _models_

nice island! its good for ambushes, especialy the overpass wink_o.gif

I like the whole island hoping theme at the north of the map

Guest The Cobra

Can I get a map reference for the fourth picture from above in the left side of the picturepic  tounge_o.gif

The one with a bridge going over a smaller road