Sign in to follow this  
Munk

Generic Middle East Rebels v1.1

A quick shot of a civie with new headwear, waistcoat and something im calling a toga biggrin_o.gif There are 6 different colour waistcoats. Still need some new textures for the legs+toga & wound textures...

me_civie_06.png

Afgan guerillas on the other hand, wear only their traditional clothes that they have used for the last 100 years.

Afgan Guerrillas.

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/8526/mujaheedin0qh.th.jpg

Now, that would be a very different addon and models.

Later.

@CERO

u shud get something pretty close to that guy in blue

a pakol hat for him smile_o.gif

pakol.jpg

You mean a cap like this:

pathancap3rt.jpg

What i wana see is some good looking shalwar kamees (the afghan dress) made for these units in OFP , i am sick of seeing pant shirts again and again , not to mention it would look wrong on these units anyway crazy_o.gif

You mean like this guy?

As this has changed to Generic Middle East Rebels (no longer just afgans) Im just using my imagenation and coming up with things. Im not aiming for uber realism, just aiming for a usable middle eastern themed addon for mission editors to use in whatever they need.

If you were showing that pic to me? The no thats not what a shalwar kamees is , just look at the plastic models pic someone posted a while back those were shalwar kamees.

And theres a limit to where you can stretch your definition of ME rebels , first of all afghanis and afghanistan arent in the Middle east , their language and clothing envoinrment is different then here. So when we ask for proper/accurate clothing on a AFGHAN soldier we arent demanding uber realism actually wink_o.gif .

just look at the plastic models pic someone posted a while back those were shalwar kamees

Must be in the old thread then but as you pointed out Afganistan isnt in the middle east so luckily I dont have to worry tounge_o.gif (if you asked me to find it on a map I wouldnt have a clue to tell the truth wink_o.gif )

Im just trying to point out im trying to make this from a mission editors point of view, this way it hopefully it wont be another 'play for two seconds in the editor then never look at it again' addon. Im just making it up as I go along biggrin_o.gif

You mean a cap like this:

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/4033/pathancap3rt.jpg

What i wana see is some good looking shalwar kamees (the afghan dress) made for these units in OFP , i am sick of seeing pant shirts again and again , not to mention it would look wrong on these units anyway crazy_o.gif

thats the same style hat is it not ?

only my pic is from 3d max and not in game yet

Yes the pic i showed is a working addon inside OFP , want it? Or is it not worth the hassle? Its only got a afghan (pathan) style hat thats all nothing more to the model , Drillseargent i think made it.

Yes the pic i showed is a working addon inside OFP , want it? Or is it not worth the hassle? Its only got a afghan (pathan) style hat thats all nothing more to the model , Drillseargent i think made it.

that one in 3d max is intended to be ingame .it doesn't take 2 minutes to get it into o2

pathan is people, pakol is a hat ?

I dont know what the hat is called exactly , but yes pathan is the term given to the people , sometimes also referred to as 'Pashtun' smile_o.gif

I got a PM asking me for the addon so i uploaded it and posting the link here , if you guys want it take it and use it for your addon if you want , otherwise extraction can take it for his spec-ops pack.

Afghan addon

I dont know what the hat is called exactly , but yes pathan is the term given to the people , sometimes also referred to as 'Pashtun' smile_o.gif

I got a PM asking me for the addon so i uploaded it and posting the link here , if you guys want it take it and use it for your addon if you want , otherwise extraction can take it for his spec-ops pack.

Afghan addon

it called a pakol.. ( we both learn something new smile_o.gif

the one on that model aint too good but the turban is ok and may be of some use if i cant be arsed to make one. so thnx

hats in o2

02pak.JPG

white.JPG

@firefly it does work scroll to bottom and click free download then it will say when your download is ready.i was a bit confused at first

Oh and make sure to give credit to Drill Seargent thats his creation smile_o.gif .

Thanks for the links fighter.

I saw this over in Dynamic Afganistan's addon list. Great work on these models. This is quality stuff.

Great addon! Thanks for sharing....

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

whereismyrabbit? and Munk how is work progressing? hope you are working night and day on the update tounge_o.gif

whereismyrabbit? and Munk how is work progressing? hope you are working night and day on the update  tounge_o.gif

Ive done 113 hours overtime in the past 2 weeks so you can guess how much work ive done on them...

Rabbits just correcting a few errors with models/textures then Ive just got to sort out the config and get a (hopefully) final beta out and about.

Munk -

Quote[/b] ]Ive done 113 hours overtime in the past 2 weeks so you can guess how much work ive done on them...

i got the same coming for the next two weeks, so i feel for you, take your time, no need to rush, whereismyrabbit send me a peek, now i know the update is more than worth waiting for, very good job you two did, let me say so much in advance wink_o.gif

Actually I lied... Ive done 113 hours of work in 2 weeks only 33 hours of it was overtime tounge_o.gif

I'll get Rabbit to sort out some screens soon smile_o.gif

Work harder you slaves .. what did i buy you for if not addon making tounge_o.gif .

Work harder you slaves .. what did i buy you for if not addon making  tounge_o.gif .

I told you allready, they wasn't for sale when you got them, it was only a hire job...

LOL.

I'LL love to see some civies to make up the missions atmosphere.

Regards.

@CERO.

Just those last few annoying bugs to fix then I'll be sending out a final beta. No screens as of yet though tounge_o.gif