Sign in to follow this  
Munk

Generic Middle East Rebels v1.1

I've decided to release the <s>final</s> latest version of the Generic Middle East Rebels. The update includes the following:

ECP compitability + new face script

Medic defined as soldier (extra mag slots)

Missing texture fixed

Slight model corrections

Due to quite a few bugs with the models there will not be anymore units added and this project will not be updated by myself again.

jjr_rebel_final.jpg

I'd like to thank Killswitch for the ECP compitability + new face script.

Download (3.61MB)

Are these backwards compatible or do i need to change any missions with the older ones?

backwards compatible to the updated rebels they are, got no problems playing updated-rebels-missions

but not to the first version of jrrebels

ECP compitability + new face script

Medic defined as soldier (extra mag slots)

Missing texture fixed

Slight model corrections

eh ? thought there was a CQB script with em aswell ?

Nah, required additional addons and the bloke who Max got to do it removed some quite important parts of the config.

Quote[/b] ]Are these backwards compatible or do i need to change any missions with the older ones?

Yep, just been playing Honcho's Dynamic Afgan mission with them smile_o.gif

You know, I think renaming these to their new name was probably a good decision. When I fought these guys in Sanctuary's random firefight mission, I was thinking "Why Afghans?". They're fit for any middle-eastern scenario. Good decision on your part.

Just thinking out loud here - Maybe you should consider some more weapons? I mean, there are MANY weapons circulated around the middle East. You know, maybe some M14s, M16s, just for variety's sake. Also, maybe add some Tokarev's to some of them?

Thats the beauty of the mission editor wink_o.gif

After playing a few missions using these units I could clearly see the need for some different rebel models and some civilians. So far I've done 2 new 'soldier' and 3 new civie models along with correcting a rather large texture bug and all the other model errors I knew about.

The civies are awaiting on some new head gear and textures from WheresMyRabbit, once Ive got those I can get them finished up pretty quickly.

Rebel Commander

Laughed for 5 minutes when I saw the random face, fitted the unit nicely biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

nice one, but it looks like a rather special target to me tounge_o.gif

great to hear that the civis are progressing smile_o.gif

greets Honcho

Edit: ups i overread it, new soldier models too, hurray xmas_o.gif

must be eastern soon

I was thinking about moving the HD units into a seperate class (eg. Middle East - Men (HD)) after repeatedly selecting the wrong unit. Thoughts, comments, random spam? rock.gif Suggestions on the weapon loadouts might be nice aswell.

Could a mod fix the topic name, one too many capitals...

as i mission designer i would say leave it like it is, but when you want to throw some units together

for a quick dirty firefight it might be more conveniable to have them seperated wink_o.gif

about different loadouts, like you said, that is what the editor is for biggrin_o.gif

greets Honcho

I was thinking about moving the HD units into a seperate class (eg. Middle East - Men (HD)) after repeatedly selecting the wrong unit. Thoughts, comments, random spam? rock.gif Suggestions on the weapon loadouts might be nice aswell.

The problem that can occur is that changing those units path in their config.cpp can break compatibility with mission using your previous middle east units, forcing people that want to play with those missions to download the older version of your pack.

But, i am not sure if just changing the group path while keeping the names is enough to break that compatibility, though.

biggrin_o.gif Nice things, allthough I liked the other AK's better wink_o.gif But the new machine gun rulez, and why are these terrorists with the resistance I would prefer them on the east side smile_o.gif and maybe you could make a suicide bomber with these skins, if that is possible wink_o.gif

I was just wondering about something. When I looked at the news about israel/palestine conflict or assault on Fallujah most gunmen wore adidas sport shoes and "sport pants" (dont know the english word) combined with more traditional scarfs that cover the face.

Also some middle-east militias like Hizbollah sometimes have old russian flak jackets and similar stuff.

Afgan guerillas on the other hand, wear only their traditional clothes that they have used for the last 100 years.

Maybe its bossible to reskin some other addons and fit them in this pack to give more variety? rock.gif

Hi Harmed,

Quote[/b] ]Nice things, allthough I liked the other AK's better

If you run an enhanced config such as Y2K3 or InqMod, you will see the same model from the first release biggrin_o.gif This is because the JAM AKMs used by the 1.1 Rebels inherit whatever model is defined in the main OFP config.

If you don't want to run a large mod like Y2K3, Inq's High Detail Weapons Mod is nice and small, and will give you the same weapon models.

You can get the necessary files here and here.

ECP 1.071 also has an Inq config you can use with these files (look in the @ecp/Bin/Inq folder). I find this a really nice solution for my low-memory computer.

(Sorry for OT)

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I was thinking about moving the HD units into a seperate class (eg. Middle East - Men (HD)) after repeatedly selecting the wrong unit. Thoughts, comments, random spam?  rock.gif Suggestions on the weapon loadouts might be nice aswell.

The problem that can occur is that changing those units path in their config.cpp can break compatibility with mission using your previous middle east units, forcing people that want to play with those missions to download the older version of your pack.

But, i am not sure if just changing the group path while keeping the names is enough to break that compatibility, though.

Changing vehcileClass entry (that's what you need to do) will not break backward compatibility. Tested and confirmed.

smile_o.gif

@Harmed, I think they're on the Res side for a reason - this way you can easily recreate scenarios where they're fighting Russian soldiers - like in Afghanistan.

@Harmed, I think they're on the Res side for a reason - this way you can easily recreate scenarios where they're fighting Russian soldiers - like in Afghanistan.

I was actually thinking about adding them to the east or west side so you can use them against other resitance side addons.

Im trying to keep mission editing in mind as I go, no point in a nice shiney addon nobody can use. I once had a lovely campaign planned out using CSLA-II and Edges Retextured Guerilla's, only problem was they were both on the resistance side and I could find anything the same quality to use instead.

There's always this solution:

You group them with the East/West officer with probability of presence set to 0.

wink_o.gif

Changing vehcileClass entry (that's what you need to do) will not break backward compatibility. Tested and confirmed.

smile_o.gif

Ah, that is good to know smile_o.gif

Afgan guerillas on the other hand, wear only their traditional clothes that they have used for the last 100 years.

Afgan Guerrillas.

mujaheedin0qh.th.jpg

Now, that would be a very different addon and models.

Later.

@CERO