honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

the problem with the helicopter getting stuck occurs sometimes if the time acceleration is raised to early at liftoff, the script gets stuck (the gamelogic isnt set to the new location, and the heli wont move, i only get this bug once i use time acceleration to early)

wolfh2o -

no transportation and the extract chopper was shot down, was a bug that could occur, i fixed it for the next update, thanks for reporting

the patrol mission is completed by coming close to the patrol objective, once close enough the area is scouted and the mission fullfilled

chaztheducky -

the Taliban Luteniet guys dont have any body guards around them?

yes sadly but true, noone volunteered to stay to close to him, since the VDV are equiped with arti fire missions

but a good idea for the next update, some specially trained units to give the VDV a hard time, and to keep the boss alive (or free) a little longer

and some pictures from the next update, featuring Afghanistan Revisited 1.2 by Ag_Smith and Generic Middle East Rebels 1.2 by whereismyrabbit-munk-jjr

161489171502.jpg

9631370.jpg

8768463.jpg

845518677896.jpg

Quote[/b] ]but a good idea for the next update, some specially trained units to give the VDV a hard time, and to keep the boss alive (or free) a little longer

finally! i hate just walking up to him and saying "yeah...your going to have to come with us now" and he is all like "oma oma oma (oh my Allah) biggrin_o.gif " im thinkin some hardcore looking guys with black facemasks for the guards and "maybe" an ak-74 or aks-74u or something else that seems leet for there gun.

also if you model at all or you get someone to do it you could use sigma-6's new gmc pickup and turn it into a technical. it would look alot better than the current one.

edit: forgot to say the pics look good! biggrin_o.gif

edit2: reminded me to ask if there will be that many civies in town cuz that would be cool i think biggrin_o.gif

later

The next update will be the last, Moscow decided to pull the VDV out, since they didnt manage to counter the threat!

But since the world wont look away, the Rebels will face another adversary soon!

Hint:

DMA_DA_DELTA_1.jpg

chaztheducky -

Munk and whereismyrabbit? got some special units in the works, i will use those as bodyguards wink_o.gif

i instantly inserted the sigma 1965 GMC as soon as i found it, it is very nice, i will keep the other truck till there is a technical version of the GMC though

How is the progress with my special ideas? biggrin_o.gif Any ETA of next update?

Update on Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3 is done

the new version of the mission "Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta" featuring the new laser deltas is done too, i am just waiting for the release of the GMER 1.2 wink_o.gif

Uum... Yeah...

<sigh>

Ready to host v1.3; so far three people have downloaded my 61-meg install-and-play pack. Will there be any additional addon requirements? Updated pbo's?

should be released within a week smile_o.gif

but if we are unlucky it might take two weeks, Munk and whereismyrabbit? got alot of work in RL as it seems, but they are constantly working on it, even inserting more and more units, so i guess they will be worth the wait wink_o.gif

LT-Ulrich -

i will start a new thread, for "Dynamic Afghanistan - DELTA FORCE"

here are the needed addons for the mission wink_o.gif

AG_SMITH Afghanistan Revisisted 1.2

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8184

MUNK-WHEREISMYRABBIT?-JJR Generic Middle East Rebels 1.2

UNRELEASED

LT. DAMADGE Toyota Hilux 1.1

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3917

Sigma-6's 1965 GMC

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8284

LSR Deltas/Rangers 2.0

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8224

LSR USWeapons 2.0

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8224

BAS Blackhawks 1.0

http://www.ballisticaddonstudios.com/classic.php

BAS Littlebirds 1.1

BAS JAM2

BN-Tracer 1.22

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=44627

The next update will be the last, Moscow decided to pull the VDV out, since they didnt manage to counter the threat!

A bit disappointed the Russians packed up myself sad_o.gif

Rabbits working on a few things, release of GMER will take quite a while to get out to the public (atleast a week of external beta testing is planned). I wish I could have said something more upbeat about it but hey, lifes a bitch.

BTW Rabbits a lazy student scumbag, he's got plenty of free time to put in tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]why is it that the Taliban Luteniet guys dont have any body guards around them?

Because I havent finished these beauties yet (only just started them after reading your comment wink_o.gif )

hey thats good news smile_o.gif

those bodyguards are really fine, would be good to give them good armour values, so that they put up a good fight wink_o.gif

so you do all the working, while whereismyrabbit? enjoys the free roaming student life tounge_o.gif

and i understand that you are dissapointed that your VDV leave Afghanistan, being the commander of division 7 of the VDV i dont expect anything else from you tounge_o.gif

Just wait until Blackbloods Desert Grunts are done, a UK version will make me the happiest man in the word.

I'll look into the armour values once Ive pimped my kevlar (remodelling parts to fit with the model better). Turns out Rabbit was further ahead with his stuff than I thought smile_o.gif

funny that you mention them, the Blackbloods Desert Grunts are high on my conversion to do list, once they are released, i followed them closely up to now, the only thing i am worried about, is the addondependencies, that might come with the addon wink_o.gif

the body guards are cool. but they need a better rifle like an ak-74 at least (i know im repeating myself). also munk gave me the idea of mabye a ukf version when there desert guys are out. but blackbloods are equally mighty fine

btw hancho the links for the bas addons are trash so you might want to edit your other post

Nice! Looking forward to the updates.

All I need is that GMC (& the new rebels) and I'm ready for a little Delta action. biggrin_o.gif

Not the BodyGuards arent anywhere near being done, I just copied the 'grendier' part of the config to get them ingame so weapon loadouts will change smile_o.gif

BB's Dessie Grunts only need the PUKF DPM 1.1 weapons and JAM2. You could use some as the blokes from DPM 1.1 as AAC pilots (usings Falklands lynx) so there's another reason for downloading them other than addon dependencies.

only so little dependencies, i guess no more excuses, expect a desert grunts conversion, since i really like the looks of the units

chaztheducky -

the bas links work fine for me, tested with firefox wink_o.gif

EDIT:

just been at the UKF site, they really do have nice stuff, now you can really expect a Brit-Conversion, will be fun to use all that nice stuff, since i transfered the conflict to be fought West-Rebels it wont take much work, but i will change the insertion point of the british forces, maybe use the army base north of the airport wink_o.gif

i specially like Messiah/Deliltmon's Landrover 110XD WMIK! High quality, that i would love to see in the dynamic mission

Yes, a few landrovers tucked away would be nice biggrin_o.gif

Maybe more than a few, I usually manage to destroy my vehicles at an alarming rate. Won't even talk about Helo's wink_o.gif

I decided to use a further addon with "Dynamic Afghansitan - Delta Force", i implemented the beautifull BN-tracer 1.22

which can be found here: BN-Tracer 1.22 smile_o.gif

chaztheducky please remove image tags when quoting smile_o.gif

honchoblack really great to hear the news about a UK version, can't wait for that smile_o.gif

hmm the names are placebo and honcho wink_o.gif

lag is not mentionable, those BN-Tracer are light on lag, since once the framerates drop too low they dont show, with everything above 17FPS you get a hell of a firefight in return

i just further updated the VDV version of Dynamic Afghanistan, and i must say that i really like those VDV units, and with scars exceptional Hind coming up, i decided to keep updating this original Dynamic Afghanistan version, will keep them (this and "Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force") updated parallel to each other smile_o.gif

the latest changes are the new radio codes for the radio operator for Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3, once you lose your radio operator you wont have these functions anymore wink_o.gif

the functions i implemented are:

1. Call HQ: get update on mission status, and report in successfull or failed mission, get new assignments (rest in field, but new troops only available once rest at base)

2. Call Insertion: Call a insertion helicopter, the helicopter will take you from the field to new directions, can be redirected inflight

2. Call Para: Call a insertion helicopter for paradrop, will take you from the field to new directions, can be redirected inflight

Quote[/b] ]will keep them (this and "Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force") updated parallel to each other

How about making something like joint operations? Always love to see ¨all good guys against terrorists¨ smile_o.gif

Actually that passed my thought allready tounge_o.gif

go totall addoncrazy and implement all the nice stuff i allways wanted to have in a single mission/campaign, but that will take some time

but i will definatly release a addoncrazy version for "Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force", i just love the CMBT vehicles, the quality is exceptional, giving alot of options to the mission designer smile_o.gif

but i think i will keep those versions optional, since the 64mb needed for Dynamic Afghanistan seem much allready (on the posistive side, i will keep using Ag_Smith great island as of my favorite units, Generic Middle East Rebels by Munk-whereismyrabbit?-jjr for future conversions, so those addons wont have to be downloaded again tounge_o.gif )