honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

never had that happen before, neither reported, have you tried other missions to see if you can load them?

there isnt much happening at the mission start, so it shouldnt be a problem to load, script events are run only when needed, and loops are kept to a minimum, no loop runs troughout the game, only loops during missions

the problem seems specially strange, since you were able to play it before, i must admit that i am kind of out of ideas, my guess would be that the problem isnt neccesarily conected to the mission, rather to some other trouble source

good luck with the bug-hunt, if i have any more ideas about your problem i will post it here

wink_o.gif

I went to the site (forget what its called unfortunatly) that has like all the dynamic missions and what not on it. I downloaded instant fire fight nogova and all the associated addons and installed them all. It happened after trying to run that mission actually.

So I tried running that mission, it froze my comp at the get ready screen, then I went to play dynamic afghanistan and it pulled the same stuff.

Well, even if I can't get them running again keep up the GREAT work. Seriously, awesome stuff.

i guess you must have been on Tacrods, my Dynamic Mission Alliance partners website for dynamic missions:Oh no! Five.... is down!

instant firefight nogova uses a buggy addon the "Generic Opfor", this addon has alot of config errors, my guess would be that it might corupt the config somehow, try taking it out of your modfolder and start OFP and Dynamic Afghanistan then, i hope that it might solve your problem

glad you like the mission, thank you for the compliments, i hope you get it going again smile_o.gif

i have installed all the addons in the directories mentioned in the readme files

yet it does not work, saying it needs a JAM addon

the link in the jjrupdate to JAM does not work

any ideas?

JAM=Joint Ammo and Magazines

Get it here (check the bottom of the page).

thanks for the rapid reply smile_o.gif

im now getting an error: no entry 'config.bin/cfgweapons.icp_pmm

those two were updated addons from those linked to at the start of the thread

now im getting: cannot load mission, missing addons hiluxmg

Yeah those two links I gave you were for updates. The updates contained the pmm pistol which you were missing.

As for hiluxmg: here

If you got any more queries the search bar at ofp.info (ofp.gamezone.cz) and the one at the top of the BIS forums screen will help. smile_o.gif

All addons needed are on the first page of this topic.

stainer

thanks for your help, but these files are not mentioned at the top of the thread, making it very difficult for anybody new to the mission to get it to work

any chance of an updated list of must have files?

thanks

chris

You are putting the addons to C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res\AddOns aren't you?

All the links on the first page work (I think) and those are the only addons required, just click the link, d/l it and put the addon in your addons folder.

no im putting the files where the readme files is instructing me to put them

sometimes its res\addons and sometimes its just addons

but even if i put them all to res\addons you posted a neccessary link a couple of messages ago

im confused confused_o.gif

would you mind posting (possibly at the top of thread) a list of files and where they should go, thus saving a lot of confusion to those trying to tun this mission

thanks

its best not to put mod pbos into your OFP/addons or OFP/res/addons folder, use modfolders instead

make a folder in your OFP installation directory e.g. OFP/@DA (the @ is usefull because your modfolders will show up on top in your directory, but you can name them whatever you like)

inside the folder you created make another folder called "addons", now your folder structure looks like this OFP/@DA/addons

inside this folder called "addons" put all the addons needed for dynamic afghanistan, which are:

hiluxmg.pbo

ICP_rfwp.pbo

ICPrpg7.pbo

jjr_rebels.pbo

LSR_vdv.pbo

CATintro.pbo

now go to your desktop and copy your shortcut to the ofp game and name it whatever you like (might aswell name it DA like the modfolder you created)

now click properties of this link, and alter the target line like this, but beware that this is like i have it installed, you have it somewhere else so just alter the stuff in the end

C:\games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@DA

now start the game with this shortcut, and all should go well wink_o.gif

EDIT: Note that you can make more than one modfolder, lets say you want all your desert stuff in a modfolder, just name it "@desert", create the folder called addons inside it, and put all your desert stuff in it, now you could either add it to the link above with a ";" or make a new link for it (e.g.

C:\games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@DA;@Desert OR

C:\games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@Desert)

this way you just create new shortcuts for the addons you are using at the moment, because you dont have to load all the addons you have, this will reduce the loadingtime of the game alot wink_o.gif

this looks really good

any idea what the radio commands do?

extracted from the readme that came with the mission wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Radio Codes:

Use the Radio Code "Para" to get Inserted to the place where you click on the map by parachute, but only once!! You can alter your flightpath, but once the heli is going in for the drop, it is no longer possible, a message to the left top will signal this.

Use the Radio Code "Insertion" to get Inserted to the place where you click on the map, but only once!! Pick an insertion point free of obstacles, else you might crash while landing. You can alter your flightpath, but once the heli is going in for the drop, it is no longer possible, a message to the left top will signal this.

Use the Radio Code "Extraction" to get extracted back to base, no click necessary, but the chopper starts at home base, so it will need the same time to get to you as the insertion flight needed to get there! You will be informed about the distance of the extrac heli to the bottom left, Ectrac heli can be redirected inflight, just give the radio code again, the Extrac will head for the new designated target.

Use the Radio Code "MedEvac" to extract your wounded and dead (Leaving Friendlies behind will lower your popularity) by clicking on the map, but only once!!

Pick a spot right ontop of you, but be aware, the chopper starts at home base, so it will need the same time to get to you as the insertion flight needed to get there. You will be informed about the distance of the medevac heli to the bottom left.

Use the Radi Code "Flare" to get a flare fire mission, once targeted the flares will come in for 1 minute droping on the tartetarea

Use the Radi Code "ARTI" to get a artillery fire mission, once targeted the Rounds will come in. A message to the upper left reports when the firemission is complete.

Use the Raio Code "CAS" to order in close air support, a KA-50 Hokum will start at airbase and procceed to the designated target area, CAS can be redirected inflight.

possible bug sad_o.gif

my men when in formation go very far away from me

In what kind of situations? Moving to contact? Firefights? The base?

I know CAS and Arty effects "public opinion", but does calling in smoke or flares change it in any way?

last time it happend was after disembarking from a helo

Quote[/b] ]I know CAS and Arty effects "public opinion", but does calling in smoke or flares change it in any way?

Actually i didnt implement the effect on "public opinion" in 1.2b, so if you have lost support by the use of arti and cas it is due to the fact that civilians have been hit whistle.gif

but i will implement the effect on "public opinion" for CAS, ARTI, Clusterbombstirke, Airstrikes and getting new hardware into the country (respawn the base vehicles) for the next update, i want to use it as a way to limit these strong support weapons.

Quote[/b] ]my men when in formation go very far away from me
Quote[/b] ]last time it happend was after disembarking from a helo

where you running on steep mountain slopes? the AI sometimes has trouble within the mountains, so its possible that your squad chooses a different route to follow you. To avoid such situations i mark my whole squad and send them to a destination where i want to go, once we are on level ground again i call them back to follow me.

Hope this helps wink_o.gif

Had great fun playing this mission last night. Followed the readme pretty closely (always good to keep close to hand! ). Met the CO and got my first mission! Lept in the first helecopter I came to, radio'd the Insertion command, chose my destination and had a lovely view of another helecopter leave without me :-(

Okay lessons learnt, restarted and radio'd the Insertion command whilst still on foot. Got picked up and got blown up en-route. Ah well, another fatality of war... But learning quickly.

Third go and success! A routine patrol turns nasty but with the height advantage we quickly slaughter the rebles. I arrange to be taken back and the CO is complementary enough. Bit of rest and the save option is available! But I can't save - im playing on basic mode. Hmmm, not sure what the difference between basic and advanced is but I flick to advanced and save and fall asleep. real life sucks big style but weekend soon!

So more of the same tonight. But questions! (and I scanned through all 27 pages so far so hopefully I wont repeat too much if at all).

1 - Do patrols always run into opposition? One quick go this morning had me patrol for around a minute before being told that all was okay and I could RTB. Was this due to no opposition, or maybe because I took so long to get there? Deliberate or bug?

2 - One evacuation had the helo attacked and downed before it had reached me (out of sight). So I radio'd again and another helecopter came instead with no enemy encounter. Is this attack random or not and if not can I do anything to stop the second helo being attacked again. For example, change my evacuation point or use waypoints to have the helo rescue me from another direction? Have I been penalised for loosing a helo?

3 - I read earlier that with the different mission types and locations, there are 68 individual missions. When I restart from scratch, am I equally likely to do any one of these 68 missions, or are some saved for days 4 for example?

4 - Are similar missions (in single player mode) taking place on the island at the same time as me. Or to elaborate is there any point where I would be on the way to a mission, only to get asked assistance to help another patrol near by? Or might I see any other action going on from just flying around? Probably not and probably big lag if this is the case!

5 - Just what is the difference between basic and advanced?

These questions by the way are just because I am curious - I've never ever played an OFP mission/campaign quite like this and im really quite excited and keen to see how far this developes.

I cant code and I cant make models so i'll just play test anything that is made available. Keep up the good work Honchoblack and all fellows associated!

First of all i am very glad you like the mission principle that much, so let me thank you in behalfe of the Dynamic Mission Alliance for your kind words and feedback smile_o.gif

1.On patrols there is always opposition, but the Opfor got random waypoints, which means that once you reach the patrol area that the Opfor is long gone. The objective of the patrol mission is to get to the designated spot on the map, once you or any squad member is within 40 meters of the objective the patrol is done.

2.If your extraction helicopter gets downed it means that you didnt clear the pickupzone of Opfor, so you ordered the Extraction into a hot LZ. The Extraction helicopter flies to your position, so you can only redirect the helicopter by repositioning yourself. In the conversion DA:DELTA FORCE it will be possible to rescue downed helicopter pilots (CAS, Extraction), its kind of a submission to save you the high penalty for downed helicopter.

3.You can encounter any mission from the start, the possibility of encountering a mission is random. I got plans of implementing occasions that depend on the amount of support by the populace for future updates.

4.As you though right, this could lead to a big lagfest, since more spawning and more cleaning would be required for the mission. In the conversion DA:DELTA FORCE there will be some secret triggerzones, which will make it possible for the player to find submissions apart from the ones designated.

5.The difference is the save option and the possibility of dividing your squad up and go on missions with a smaller squad, once infield you can position your squad with action options. Note that in the next update the advance basic options are reworked, saving will be possible in both modes.

once again, thank you for the feedback, very appriciated smile_o.gif

one thing i have noticed is CAS is not very useful

on three occasions i have called in CAS the helo has been shot down without causing enemy casulties

another thing is the enemy just seem to run about without doing anything useful

In regards to running into no opposition on patrols, I've found that many times the enemy keys in on the insertion helo and goes running after it leaving the patrol area empty. I happened to catch this a few times and had no other option but to run to the spot and then rtb cause the opfor were long gone running after the bird.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the insertion bird setcaptive true after the troops are dropped off so the opfor ignores it or maybe some other method to prevent that?

And let me just say that until this mission, I'd never used East side addons for anything more then targets to be blunt, but I've enjoyed this mission immensely and i've come to love and respect the SVD.

Awesome job!