honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

The Dynamic Mission Alliance is proud to present:

-------------------------------------------------

Dynamic Afghanistan version 1.2

As the conflict further continues moscow is starting to get daughts on the length of the conflict.

What was planned as a swift intrusion is heading more to a full scale war, as more and more moslemic

fundamentalist pour into the country to support the terrorists cause. Even first rumors occured, that

tanks have been sighted in the hands of the terrorist.

As a reaction on those unconfirmed messages it is decided to move in heavy artillery to aid the vdv

with their objective. Approved where 1 battalion of self-propelled 152mm howitzers. Through

the need of night insertions of the VDV these arms have also been supplied with flare fire missions, as

of high explosive rounds and smoke rounds. These weapons bear fearsome firepower, and should not be

ordered in lightly. A missplaced strike could mean the loss of all support for the VDV.

The Manpower is also raised on the VDV side, allowing reinforcements on a daily basis.

Another addition to VDV strength is the use of the manuverable KA-50 Hokum instead of Hind for CAS.

This decission was based on the higher flexibility and manuverability of the new bird, that

better suits the hilly terrain of afghanistan.

As both parties strengthen their positon, the conflict seems to go to towards a full scale war.

Get It Here:

http://rapidshare.de/files....ip.html

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11SD5KBX7DCN614PZJ2B5C1H7I

Link, thanks to Munk smile_o.gif

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/19336.html

What is new:

Outro Cinematiques added for win and lose event!

Another rework of the conflict zones, to better suit the needs of the missions.

The Hind was replaced by the KA-50, to better engage targets onsight.

The radio codes have been reworked, and Artillery fire misisons added (using High Explosive Rounds,

Smoke and Flare fire missions) The smoke is the jam variant, that blocks the ais sight.

A rework of most of the code, parts written new, hopefully to improve :P

New random encounters added, you never know what hit you.

Credits:

First of all to TacRod and Sanctuary, who supply me with new ideas, scripts and support, whitout

whom none of this would have seen the light of day, my partners in the "Dynamic Mission Alliance" smile_o.gif

Tacrod provided me with the Artillery scripts, the smoke is a variant by me.

Sanctuary found new dispersion scripts, that i implemented, and provided the new capture the leader mission.

I reworked all scripts added new events, and overworked the whole thing again, and again ;)

And special thanks go out to wheresmyrabbit? and Munk, who decided to further work the now called

Generic MIddle East Rebels (and of course jjr who invented them) smile_o.gif

And Cheers and greets go out to the rebel instructor financier Ag_Smith, who further works the CatShit

Afghansitan Revisisted to give us all an even nicer surrounding to fight in, and the idea to add smoke fire missions ;)

And Thanks also go to Catshit, Orcs, Laser and Lt Damage for their great additions to this game!

And to Avon Lady and Ace Combat, for allowing me to use the muazzin call, which will now be implemented

in catshit revisited, saving me the trouble to implement the soundfile.

Have Fun, Honcho.

Flarelit base

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan29.jpg

Concentrating on the mission

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan30.jpg

Leaving Base for a dawn assignment

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan31.jpg

Flares over terrorist hideout

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan39.jpg

Waiting for the go-code

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan52.jpg

Moving in

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan45.jpg

Nicetiming honcho , just when i was getting frustrated which was ultimately leading me to boredom and leaving this mission you come right back with an update and now i cant help myself getting it and having a go at it all OVER AGAIN biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Download link is faulty , yousendit is crap can you use this site instead plz?

Rapidshare

Ok just tried it right now.

a) The CO is one laid back guy hes intent on giving my team rest afetr every mission for some reason? Is this part of the mission or was suppose to happen randomly? Because he isnt handing me missions after i come back , only after i rest!

b) The artillery is a bit soft and not that much focused to be effective in my opinion , but thats me could be wrong though.

c) The Ka-50 i called had no intention of fighting or anything , he just hovers about trying to get an angle on the area i called it to , he hangs for 1 min or so and then heads back saying 'Good luck boys' crazy_o.gif . Without firing a single shot.

d) I was on a RAID mission right now killing a terrorist , i got him (leader) all was well when until i was waiting outside the town laying seige to it moping the left over bandits but i kept fighting them for 5 mins continously and they wouldnt stop coming so i noticed something suspicious i put on my binocs and what do i see? They WERE SPAWNING like mad in the town center and coming at me again and again , imagine my group all out of ammo all 12 guys , and they were still coming ... is this part of the mission?

AceCombat -

AAARRRGGGHHHH crazy_o.gif no to all biggrin_o.gif

i will go through your encountered bugs, one by one, and through those events that are supposed to happen

1. yes, you go the the co, let yourself assign a misison, then after the mission is complete you go to the co once more, to confirm your mission completition, after that you need to rest, you cant take a new mission, unless you rest, its more real in my eyes, your men need to gather their strength for the next assignment

the rest function is available at the TV screen in the CO-hall, its an action menu option

2. the artillery is actually quite strong, remember that you can lay more than one firemission, just pick the radio ARTI again, and select a new spot on the map

3. the KA-50 is my problem child, it tends to do anything, but attack, i will gather more information, to make it attack better, i guess i have to give the spawned terrorist a high threat, to make them a valid goal for a heli attack

4. no, the shouldnt spawn endless, it would make for a nice final mission, but that was not intended on this occasion, can you remember the townname? that could be real usefull for me, to hunt the bug down

sorry for the faulty get leader mission, i tested them alot, but obvious not enough wink_o.gif

and thank you for the detailed bug report

greets Honcho

Ok it was one of the town at the TOP most of the map really up to the edge of the map north.

As for the artillery i'd rather have delays in between firemissions and get better more focused , hard & fast artillery instead. The current one is slow aas the bandits are always on the move and its hard to pin the arty on them correctly.

AceCombat -

to help you with the artillery, lay it into the path of the enemy, with a little practice you can wipe out a whole squad with one blow tounge_o.gif

i will release a updated update in a couple of minutes, the endless spawn will be fixed there

and here it is, the fast endless spawn fix, thx to AceCombat for discovering it so fast, that i could change it immediatly smile_o.gif

and before i forget, the rest option, you need after a mission is at the tv screen, its an action menu option wink_o.gif

i just tried this mission out for the first time:

i was really confused as to what to do for the first 10-20 minutes, i suggest you put a link in the briefing to a page with an explanation of how missions, rest, squad control, insertion, etc. works. i was running around the whole base trying to find the barracks when it said i had to "rest."

also, if it were up to me i'd keep the helicopters locked, because it makes it way too easy if the player can just run through a level by killing everything from above.

also you said you replaced the hinds with ka50s, but i still saw hinds on base (unless you werent talking about those, i wasnt sure).

other than those minor issues i'd say this mission is a lot of fun, and i look forward to beating it smile_o.gif

Version 1.2 of "Dynamic Afghanistan" available on page 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tacrod -

Thank you for the updated mirror wink_o.gif

.pablo. -

valid points, specially because i forgot to include the readmes in the zip sad_o.gif

I included the ReadMes in the new download, Dynamic Afghansitan 1.2 b, available down below, or on page 1 or page 9

i will add all the needed info on the functions in the briefing in the following versions, to be prepared when i forget the readme again wink_o.gif

the helis at base are unlocked on porpuse, if you take it, and survive the attack run, since the opfor have strong AA capabilities, you could still run into the danger, of killing unarmed civillians, that drives the population towards the terrorists cause, so taking a heli is not as easy as it sounds wink_o.gif

the CAS (close air support) Hind was replaced with the KA-50, i didnt know if i should substitue the player helis too, i think i will make it 1 hind and 1 KA-50 for the next update smile_o.gif

testing it so many times, its those simple things one tends to forget tounge_o.gif so let me thank you for your feedback and i am glad you enjoy the mission wink_o.gif

Ok after further testing this mission i have one big complaint , it LAGs in between for no reason crazy_o.gif . I have tested this lag issue under different circumstances at first i thought it was ECP but i turned it off started OFP plain and simple and it was still there , what is causing it? Because it happens when there isnt even any combat happening simply standing there and it all starts going 5-7 fps and then suddenly back to normal 30+ fps.

Is it scripting inefficiency ? ORCS weapons ? or what ?

AceCombat -

the lag you encounter, is the lag of spawning units, i dont want to use a blackscreen to spawn units, so lag should occur, once you get a new mission assigned, its unavoidable, only could be hidden with a blackscreen, once the units are spawned no further lag should occur

Thank you AceCombat for your feedback, i take the lag quite serious, since it can spoil the mission smile_o.gif

I will release an updated version 1.2 today, since the lag occured with the new functions in combination with the old CooP code, i rewrote the script, taking out all the script relicts that were once ment for multiplayer, making this mission a true single player experience

So please wait with your download of version 1.2, the updated version will be up soon wink_o.gif

Just finishing mirroring the other bloody version! mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Munk -

Thank you smile_o.gif

and sorry for the turn of events sad_o.gif

but less lag should be worth the trouble biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for the delay, but here it is, the reworked Dynamic Afghanistan, functions as before, but reworked the code, to eliminate the unused code loops, 3 loops less, that where running though the whole mission, spawntimes delayed, to smoothen the lag

http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11SD5KBX7DCN614PZJ2B5C1H7I

Link, thanks to Munk smile_o.gif

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/19336.html

sorry for the inconvinience, and a big thank you to AceCombat, for the detailed bug report smile_o.gif

any feedback on problems appreciated wink_o.gif

No problem , i am helping myself in a way after all , in the end i wanna enjoy playing this mission biggrin_o.gif .

Lets hope that lag or stutter in between has been cut down. And honcho one thing i wasnt getting it usually at a start of the mission as you were saying since thats when OFPOR was spawned , i get these lag periods randomly. For ex. coming back to base on the way i got lagged sometimes then while visiting the CO sometimes AFTER the mission it was there.

Will try this one at night and see whats up and down with it wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]

Lets hope that lag or stutter in between has been cut down. And honcho one thing i wasnt getting it usually at a start of the mission as you were saying since thats when OFPOR was spawned , i get these lag periods randomly. For ex. coming back to base on the way i got lagged sometimes then while visiting the CO sometimes AFTER the mission it was there.

both events are the reverse spawn, the units out of sight get deletet, once 2000 meters from player and

dead, and after you finished a mission all spawned enemies and civillians from the past mission are deleted,

so both events are limited to the mission structure, i could wait with the deletions of the corpse, untill the

mission itself is teminated, it would make for one big lag, instead of lag once you leave a mission and after

you finished your mission at the CO, i will try this new option, and if it furthers reduces lag or at least

pull the lag to one event together, as i pointed out

Quote[/b] ]Will try this one at night and see whats up and down with it wink_o.gif .

great, will wait for the latest feedback wink_o.gif

Everything is tiptop , though slight lag is there when things are being spawned as you said , its not much and i CAN live with it , since its part & parcel of the games/scripts design its bound to happen nothing you can do.

EDIT:

ecptrouble11fw.jpg

That code error popped up more then a few times , any ideas whats it about?

thank you for the latest feedback, i am glad that the mayor lag is fought back biggrin_o.gif

i will look into the error code, good to have such good feedback, meanwhile enjoy the afghan story on the next page

OMG that taliban has a girlfriend .... , the americans DID came here thats a sign indeed ghostface.gif .