Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Enemy In Sight - the next OFP "clone" ?

I think I saw a few new pictures of it somewhere but I can't remember where. I remember there was definitly one of a truck on a bridge and a few more of infantry but I just looked on google and can't find them anymore.

Has anyone heard anything about this since last May? Is it still being worked on?

Illusion Softworks haven't said anything but their partner PTERODON who they are working with posted this a month ago.

Quote[/b] ]A part of the PTERODON team has been assigned to work on Enemy in Sight, a game title which has been under long-term development at Illusion Softworks in cooperation with Atari.

Based on a fictitious European war, Enemy in Sight is a tactical first person shooter set in the near future and featuring hugely realistic battle theatres.

Utilising over 50 modern vehicles and accurate weapons, players will have the opportunity of engaging enemies in a fully story driven objective-based single player campaign. The game also features a complete team-based multiplayer battlefield with fully destructible environments, all powered by real-time physics.

Based on a fictitious European war, Enemy in Sight is a tactical first person shooter set in the near future and featuring hugely realistic battle theatres.

Utilising over 50 modern vehicles and accurate weapons, players will have the opportunity of engaging enemies in a fully story driven objective-based single player campaign. The game also features a complete team-based multiplayer battlefield with fully destructible environments, all powered by real-time physics.

sounds like "Armed assault: alternative version wink_o.gif ill definatly be buying this game smile_o.gif sounds good especially the real time physics (ragdoll?) and destroyable buildings (deformable terrain too?)

Quote[/b] ]in a fully story driven objective-based single player campaign.

''Objective-based'', sounds like the BIS plan for Game2 huh.gif

Edit: of course, making fancy newsposts doesn't make the feature itself work like everyone would want it to work.

Quote[/b] ]fully destructible environments

Sold! No really if the AI is good plus that then i'll buy.

After söldner it takes bit more than putting "destructibe enviroments" on the website to convince me.. crazy_o.gif

After söldner it takes bit more than putting "destructibe enviroments" on the website to convince me.. crazy_o.gif

The man has a damn good point huh.gif. Soldner promised to be so much and then...

Indeed, a few years back I was following Project Ego (working title back then) now known as Fable. I thought It was an RPG fan dreams come true with all the stuff they wanted to include, but when they finaly released it much of that wasn't even in the game anymore. crazy_o.gif

The man has a damn good point huh.gif.  Soldner promised to be so much and then...

Indeed, but hardware has improved so much since then i believe that it's all the more possible to do it for real this time around. Well atleast i hope so.... with all that "next gen" crap going on i sure hope i'll something more then neat textures and high poligon counts in a game. sad_o.gif

Indeed, a few years back I was following Project Ego (working title back then) now known as Fable. I thought It was an RPG fan dreams come true with all the stuff they wanted to include, but when they finaly released it much of that wasn't even in the game anymore. crazy_o.gif

That could happen to any game, heck, this could happen to ArmA, especially with all the things they want to include already.

Hmm, the game is set to be released in Q4 2006 but... it has not website, and no new announcements or screenshots since over two years. crazy_o.gif

Pterodon is one of my favourite "unsung" computer video game developer though, I loved Vietcong and the expansion pack First Alpha. Will purchase Hidden & Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron and Vietcong 2 in the next few weeks... totally forgot that they even existed.

I'll have to give EiS a look when (or rather "if") it ever comes out.  Mafia and H&D2 were both enjoyable, but had their issues.

Mafia had the best driving model of any game I've played to date.  I'm talking about realistic physics, accelleration, and contol.  The deformable damage your car could take was cool, but they had it adjusted to be way, way too forgiving.

In certain parts of the city, you could really get going fast (in certain cars) and use the overpass as a giant ramp, flying through the air for several seconds, and then hit the ground at a tremendous velocity, all of which was very real!  Now in a similar real world collision, you and your car would be utterly destroyed... But, in Mafia, as long as you ended up with 4 wheels on the ground, you were golden.  Maybe your bumper got crumpled... a little, but you could drive away into the sunset like nothing happened!   rofl.gif

H&D2 was good, but did not fulfill my expectations.  However, it did have some good qualities.  The inventory system and variable speed modes (sneak, walk, run, sprint - limited by endurance and inventory load) were realistic as compared with real life and truley top notch.  Indeed, the on foot controls were best I've ever seen, and included the ability to climb up onto things... things of variable height at that.  The one issue here was while prone, you could spin your body just as fast as you could spin the mouse.  I'm talking about 60 plus revolutions per second here!  tounge2.gif

One thing I'll never understand was why they nixed the analog joystick controls in H&D2 and went to inadequate binary driving, after the triumph of Mafia.  Also, in 3rd person, the fixed crosshair (and thus whatever you were shooting at) were obscured by the players body.  (Me loves the "floating" 3rd person crosshair of OFP.)  And imo H&D2 didn't do tank-infantry combat very well...

In that arena (as with most others) OFP reings supreme! biggrin_o.gif